Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #1

New Forester MBS Pricing

I'm new to this forum and am looking for some input about dealer pricing when ordering a new Forester, rather than buying off the lot. I've bought pre-owned motorhomes and other RVs, but never ordered any. So, I believe that the MBS models I'm considering can be bought for about 80% of MSRP, more or less. Especially at shows. But should I expect to pay more when ordering one? I noticed that many folks on this thread discuss different options they ordered, and talk about delivery dates, etc. I haven't yet begun to get into the weeds on this, so any help would be appreciated.
Jandrewwright4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #2

Go to Demartini.com and look for the model you want. Click on get price. It's that easy.
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
Wait till next year...

Check RVW- The Original RV Wholesalers - RV Sales, RV Parts, RV Dealer, RV Super Store Dealer, 5th Wheel, Forest River or RVone.com select custom build your RV- RVW has Foresters and RVone has Sunseekers- select the options you want I'd choose them all . Submit it and they'll email an offer. Good places to get an idea on what it's going to cost
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #4

You shouldn't pay anymore than about 70% MSRP and maybe less if you order it.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #5

New Forester MBS Pricing

Many thanks. I'll check out those sites.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #6

Forget Side Cameras Option

I got the side view cameras on my 2016 Solera because they were not that expensive and I hoped they would be helpful. I do not find them to be useful. They are mounted on the cab, just behind the headlights. Consequently, they do not show as much to the rear as I can see in my mirrors. They are very wide angle and show you stuff that is to the right or left of the cab (things you can see by looking out your windows), but they cannot see anything close to the coach to the rear.

If they were mounted outboard on the mirrors or the side of the coach, they would be much more useful. As they are, they are of no help when passing, and with the mirrors, there is not much of a blind spot. I would love to relocate them to perhaps the top front corners of the coach where they could look down to show me what is beside and behind the coach.
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:32 PM   #7

In March of this year we bought a 2015 Coachman Freelander 21rs for 36% off of MRSP. The most I have ever gotten off. If you can get 33 per cent go for it.
gizmojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #8

Yeah, 30 or 33% below MSRP would be great! While trying to decide which model and floor plan we liked, Ford, Chevy, Sprinter chassis, etc, we visited a dealer, but didn't talk prices. Mostly, the sales folks tried to sell end of model years (2015's). Expecting this might be our last buy, I figure we should get the options we want, but thought dealers might not be willing to discount it as much. We'll be at the Hershey show next month, the Tampa show in January, and other central Florida shows in the spring if necessary, Now I have an idea what to expect, so thanks much.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwexpert View Post
Go to Demartini.com and look for the model you want. Click on get price. It's that easy.
I called DeMartini (after visiting local dealers) to inquire about a 2015 that was on their website. Unfortunately it was already sold, however Jon DeMartini made me a great offer on ordering a 2016 that I just couldn't refuse. I would have preferred to purchase locally rather than a dealer that is 500mi away.

I walked into my local dealer, greeted multiple sales people upon my entry, browsed for a few minutes in the showroom, exited to walk around the lot and subsequently returned to locate a brochure. After milling about the showroom a few more minutes I left to walk the lot again (with the express intent of trying to garner the attention of a sales person, there was several around talking amongst themselves) and was eventually greeted by a fork lift operator who asked if anyone had spoken to me yet.

I politely responded with "not yet". Eventually someone finally greeted me after receiving instructions from the fork lift operator but I got the impression he didn't think I was serious and quoted me a considerably higher price than what I had seen on DeMartini's website.

I returned home and promptly called DeMartini. While I have yet to take delivery, I have been exceptionally impressed with Jon and DeMartini RV.

I wish you the best with your research.

Cheers
dukeboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #10

Forester MBS

We bought our new 2015 Solera from rvdirect.com for almost $18,000 less than what our local dealer wanted for a 2014 with less !!! We picked it up in Buffalo and made a vacation out of it. I subsequently paid an independent RV shop I trusted to go through everything add vent covers and to re-wire the surge suppressor the selling dealer wired wrong. Still "WAY AHEAD" .
john.tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:03 AM   #11

New Forester MBS Pricing

Hey, thanks for all the insight on pricing.

Being "new" to buying new, it begs the question for me about warranty service on the RV components, not so much the MB. I thought I'd been seeing on other places in the forum that dealers tell customers any same-brand authorized dealer will service their unit, but that turns out to be a problem down the road. Is that true? Like a lot of folks, I suspect, I spend lots of time reading posts, but mostly get lost after while and can't remember what I'd read. That said, the information is invaluable!

Anyway, I'm not opposed to buying from afar to save some $$, but want to at least have an what I'm agreeing to.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:08 AM   #12
Wait till next year...

There are two trains of thought. One buy local and you'll have a close by dealer to take care of any warranty issues or other problems,add-ons,etc that may occur. If you have the right dealer who values service and he can give you a competitive price it may be worth it. I took the second course with a distant on line dealer that gave me an exceptional price with all the bells and whistles and while I haven't had major prolems-except for my air bags- I have managed to do the repairs I've needed myself. I've added some of the mods you'll see on the forum and will do vent covers this weekend. Even with all the addons you'll need as you outfit your MH I'm still far ahead of the Local dealer's price for a MH not as well equiped
Let me add that if you do an online dealer and have to travel for the pickup try to have an experienced RVer with you for the PDI. Besides picking what you want the PDI is very important
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #13

Check out Lewis-RV.com they do a lot of on line sales. We just bought our second unit from them and have been very pleased with their service.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #14

RV wholesalers on a 2016 forester 2401W with some added options msrp 119 something. quoted price 79 something.
tinasdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester