Old 07-27-2016, 01:55 PM   #91

Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkloud9 View Post
Have a blast with the new RV! We love our "W", and are happy to share any knowledge we have gained over the last 4 months. Let us know how it all goes!

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Thank you for the welcome and offer of advice~ we will definately need all we can get lol .. right now checking on insurance and trying to get a "get started list" going for when we get it home.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #92

Help!

We are trying to purchase our 'W' MBS RV and are having some issues with the vin #. The dealership gave us a vin that turns out to be to the chassis (which is a year older than what we were purchasing - the insurance company and tag agent says if that is the vin# then they have to title it as such. The dearlership says this is the number but they should understand the year of the RV is different -- has anyone else ran into this? Did does your title read a sunseeker or Mercedes? So confused...

Old 07-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry and Stacey View Post
We are trying to purchase our 'W' MBS RV and are having some issues with the vin #. The dealership gave us a vin that turns out to be to the chassis (which is a year older than what we were purchasing - the insurance company and tag agent says if that is the vin# then they have to title it as such. The dearlership says this is the number but they should understand the year of the RV is different -- has anyone else ran into this? Did does your title read a sunseeker or Mercedes? So confused...
I own a 2014 Solera 24R on a 2013 MBS chassis. Don't have my title handy, but the registration (Florida) has it as:

YR/MK 2014/FVSO BODY MH

The tenth character in my VIN (D) identifies it as a 2013.
Not uncommon to have an earlier year chassis on a later year MH.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:15 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
I own a 2014 Solera 24R on a 2013 MBS chassis. Don't have my title handy, but the registration (Florida) has it as:

YR/MK 2014/FVSO BODY MH

The tenth character in my VIN (D) identifies it as a 2013.
Not uncommon to have an earlier year chassis on a later year MH.
Unless your state is different from Michigan, the Dealership fills out the paperwork that is sent to the states vehicle licensing/titling division. The State then uses the information on that paperwork to title and register the vehicle. Get that paper work from the dealership and show it to all parties involved.

If your getting a loan, take a purchase agreement that contains the model year make and model number to your loan agent.

It should be something like 2017 Forest River Sunseeker MBS2400WS and the VIN number. explain to them that the VIN is for the chassis which will be a 2016 Mercedes Benz Sprinter 3500 Cab/chassis. Explain to them that this is not what you are purchasing. You are purchasing a 2017 Forest River Sunseeker Motor Home which is built upon a 2016 Mercedes Benz Sprinter 3500 chassis. Have your loan agent contact the person who handles the paperwork at the dealership set up a phone conference call with your insurance agent and they will straighten them out.

RV manufactures purchase cab/chassis from the automotive industry, federal law requires them to place a VIN number on each vehicle which describes what the vehicle is, when it was manufactured and a serial number.
The RV manufacturer then takes the chassis and builds their product on it. Once it is built, the RV manufacturer then creates the paperwork for the vehicles titling. They decide on the build year, the manufactures name, the model name and model number. The VIN number for the chassis is retained, the vehicle is titled per the RV manufacturers paperwork. Your States Vehicle registration/titling branch of government will already know this.

We went through the same thing in late April while we were getting the paperwork taken care of. In our case even the loan officer we were dealing with was not aware of the year, manufacturer, and model change but it all got cleared up by the three parties consulting with each other with the Dealerships paperwork person taking the lead.

Not sure which insurance company you are dealing with but we went through AAA.

Should you need any more information feel free to PM me

Sherman
Old 07-28-2016, 08:42 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
Unless your state is different from Michigan, the Dealership fills out the paperwork that is sent to the states vehicle licensing/titling division. The State then uses the information on that paperwork to title and register the vehicle. Get that paper work from the dealership and show it to all parties involved.

If your getting a loan, take a purchase agreement that contains the model year make and model number to your loan agent.

It should be something like 2017 Forest River Sunseeker MBS2400WS and the VIN number. explain to them that the VIN is for the chassis which will be a 2016 Mercedes Benz Sprinter 3500 Cab/chassis. Explain to them that this is not what you are purchasing. You are purchasing a 2017 Forest River Sunseeker Motor Home which is built upon a 2016 Mercedes Benz Sprinter 3500 chassis. Have your loan agent contact the person who handles the paperwork at the dealership set up a phone conference call with your insurance agent and they will straighten them out.

RV manufactures purchase cab/chassis from the automotive industry, federal law requires them to place a VIN number on each vehicle which describes what the vehicle is, when it was manufactured and a serial number.
The RV manufacturer then takes the chassis and builds their product on it. Once it is built, the RV manufacturer then creates the paperwork for the vehicles titling. They decide on the build year, the manufactures name, the model name and model number. The VIN number for the chassis is retained, the vehicle is titled per the RV manufacturers paperwork. Your States Vehicle registration/titling branch of government will already know this.

We went through the same thing in late April while we were getting the paperwork taken care of. In our case even the loan officer we were dealing with was not aware of the year, manufacturer, and model change but it all got cleared up by the three parties consulting with each other with the Dealerships paperwork person taking the lead.

Not sure which insurance company you are dealing with but we went through AAA.

Should you need any more information feel free to PM me

Sherman

Thank you- they are saying there has been some laws change in our state in the last few months that is making it more difficult than before, the dealer is calling the state offices tomorrow to see how to handle the title now. I will update when we get an answer.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:00 AM   #96

We bought our W in Illinois, but registered it in Wisconsin. The dealer gave us the certificate of origin for both the MB cab and the SunSeeker build-out, along with a temporary Illinois tag, which was good for 30 days. The chassis Vin # was used on both certificates. We took delivery in late March, and were surprised to find that we got a 2017 model SunSeeker (probably one of the first) on a 2016 chassis (expected 2016 on both). The dealer said this was good news for us, as, at least in the short term, the MH had more value. Wisconsin creates the title based on the origin certificates, and called the unit a 2017 SunSeeker. It took some extra time at the DMV office, as the staff there had not done a class C motor home in quite a while.

I think every state has their own way of doing this, but it is not rocket science, just a process for collecting taxes, producing the title, and issuing the plates.

Have a blast and hope to see you out there!

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Old 08-16-2016, 09:09 AM   #97

Being grounded right now due to family events, I have been puttering around the "W"... Looking at other posts about these units, there have been random mentionings about the sub-woofer, so I have been searching for it. As of now, I believe I have explored every nook and cranny that is accessible either inside or in the basement compartments, and I do not believe this item exists in a 2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400 W, unless it is in the ceiling. If anyone knows the secret, please help me find it.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Old 08-16-2016, 09:37 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkloud9 View Post
Being grounded right now due to family events, I have been puttering around the "W"... Looking at other posts about these units, there have been random mentionings about the sub-woofer, so I have been searching for it. As of now, I believe I have explored every nook and cranny that is accessible either inside or in the basement compartments, and I do not believe this item exists in a 2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400 W, unless it is in the ceiling. If anyone knows the secret, please help me find it.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Ours is under the couch IPO dinette, so look in that area. Turn the volume on the stereo up and try sitting in various places. You should feel it! (Be sure the sub is turned on in the settings for the Jensen under the EQ [equalizer] menu then the Fader section, and turn the bass up.) Enjoy the hunt!
Old 08-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #99

Look under the bottom drawer below the closet. It was slid in there from the outside during the build, it cannot come out. They faced the controls out on mine. I had to use a mirror to adjust and see them.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-16-2016, 11:03 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysunseekermbs View Post
Look under the bottom drawer below the closet. It was slid in there from the outside during the build, it cannot come out. They faced the controls out on mine. I had to use a mirror to adjust and see them.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Won't come out even if drawer removed?

Tags
sunseeker