Old 08-16-2016, 11:44 AM   #101

No but good additional point - note the limited accessibility I am referring to is with the drawers out.

If you removed the drawer slides and wood supports you still can't get it out because of the divider between the drawers.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 08-16-2016, 11:48 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysunseekermbs View Post
No but good additional point - note the limited accessibility I am referring to is with the drawers out.

If you removed the drawer slides and wood supports you still can't get it out because of the divider between the drawers.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sometimes I think that serviceability and maintenance is not part of RV engineers' vocabulary.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #103

Under dinette seat closest to driver!
Old 08-16-2016, 04:53 PM   #104

I got mine out but it wasn't easy. As mentioned, it was beneath the lower drawer under the closet. You remove both drawers to access it. (The drawer slide release on one slide lifts up while the other one goes down at the same time.)

The box itself just b-a-r-e-l-y will fit through the drawer hole but you have to remove the speaker from the box first as it protrudes from the box quite a bit. Pry off the grill, find and remove the screws from the face plate of the speaker and lift it out. Once the speaker is free of the box you can reach into the box and cut the soldered speaker wires.

When it was finally out, I was surprised at the good quality of the whole unit. We're on an RV trip right now so this is by memory, but I believe it's an 8" Jensen or Orion speaker installed into the box by a third party vendor that builds and sells sub-woofer assemblies. If memory serves, I believe it's got it's own amplifier too. I plan to put the whole assembly right behind the driver's seat once we get home. There is just enough room there. That will be so much better acoustically, you will be able to access the adjustments, and best of all the closet won't boom and bounce and rattle anymore!
Old 08-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #105

I have checked under both the front and rear facing dinette seats, and have pulled out the above mentioned drawers under the wardrobe. I have also cranked up the volume and adjusted the bass to its max, and have turned the "c" speaker switch on and off. No difference in the bass was heard. Perhaps they stopped installing this item in the 2017's? Anyone have a SunSeeker 2017 W with the sub in place? If so, I would like to know, so I can inform the dealer. FYI, it sounds pretty good without the Sub.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkloud9 View Post
I have checked under both the front and rear facing dinette seats, and have pulled out the above mentioned drawers under the wardrobe. I have also cranked up the volume and adjusted the bass to its max, and have turned the "c" speaker switch on and off. No difference in the bass was heard. Perhaps they stopped installing this item in the 2017's? Anyone have a SunSeeker 2017 W with the sub in place? If so, I would like to know, so I can inform the dealer. FYI, it sounds pretty good without the Sub.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Bob, I don't think the 2017 Sunseeker MBS2400W and WS (S is for the trekker cap) has the sub woofer included when it is built. I have looked high and low for it. I have pulled the JWM6a out and the wiring for it is not there.

It appears as though the posters who have the subwoofer also have a 2017 FORESTER and not a SUNSEEKER, thus the confusion.

Sherman
Old 08-16-2016, 09:09 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
Bob, I don't think the 2017 Sunseeker MBS2400W and WS (S is for the trekker cap) has the sub woofer included when it is built. I have looked high and low for it. I have pulled the JWM6a out and the wiring for it is not there.

It appears as though the posters who have the subwoofer also have a 2017 FORESTER and not a SUNSEEKER, thus the confusion.

Sherman

Not to confuse but to clarify I have a 2016 Sunseeker and have the sub not a forester.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Old 08-16-2016, 09:11 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5560g View Post
I got mine out but it wasn't easy. As mentioned, it was beneath the lower drawer under the closet. You remove both drawers to access it. (The drawer slide release on one slide lifts up while the other one goes down at the same time.)

The box itself just b-a-r-e-l-y will fit through the drawer hole but you have to remove the speaker from the box first as it protrudes from the box quite a bit. Pry off the grill, find and remove the screws from the face plate of the speaker and lift it out. Once the speaker is free of the box you can reach into the box and cut the soldered speaker wires.

When it was finally out, I was surprised at the good quality of the whole unit. We're on an RV trip right now so this is by memory, but I believe it's an 8" Jensen or Orion speaker installed into the box by a third party vendor that builds and sells sub-woofer assemblies. If memory serves, I believe it's got it's own amplifier too. I plan to put the whole assembly right behind the driver's seat once we get home. There is just enough room there. That will be so much better acoustically, you will be able to access the adjustments, and best of all the closet won't boom and bounce and rattle anymore!

Now that you mention that I remember pondering if I took the speaker out would it fit out the slot.

Your correct it has its own built in amp and the speaker is Jensen.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Old 08-17-2016, 04:32 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post

Sherman
I think it was or is an option called "surround sound" for the Sunseeker.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:12 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
I think it was or is an option called "surround sound" for the Sunseeker.
We added every option available except two when we ordered our 2017 MBS 2400WS in March 2017.

we felt we didn't need the 15000 BTU air conditioner nor the barbeque gril.

Surround sound is standard and it works when using the dvd player on the JWM6A.

There was an extensive discussion about the sub woofer and how it was hooked up and where it was located back in late July. I just went back and found the thread and the pictures that "sgtin17" posted for me. At the time there wasn't anyone posting to the thread that had a 2016 Sunseeker MBS2400W/WS so we figured the sub woofer was just offered in the Forester line. I do know another 2017 Sunseeker owner stated they didn't have the sub woofer either.

Here is a link to the pictures of the equipment you should have if you indeed do have the sub woofer. The "adjustable line output converter" will be located in the cabinet behind the JWM6A if you do indeed have the sub
woofer, If its not there and you do not have both the left and right channel wiring for speaker channel "C" attached to the JWM6A and leaving the cabinet, You probably do not have the sub woofer.

? On Jensen JWM6A control unit in 3170

Tags
sunseeker