Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2017, 02:01 PM   #201
2018 Sunseeker 2400W MBS

THANKS to all so far who have chimed in on what to expect when we go pickup our new Sunseeker! Especially glad to hear the seat bolsters may be included now as std equipment - not sure how much we'll actually use them, but as low as the seats are when turned around, they look pretty useless w/o them.

Welcome any/all who've recently taken delivery to chime in with their own "surprises" (good or bad!). We only toured a 2017 Forester 2401W model before placing our order for the Sunseeker 2400W (price was MUCH lower for essentially same coach), so I'm still trying to assess what justified the higher cost of the Forester and what we should expect when we see our little Sunseeker for the 1st time.
Iceman from McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:19 PM   #202

FWIW, we got a 2017 FR MBS Sprinter 2400R end of February. Bolster seats are now supposed to be standard items, ours did not have them , so were ordered for us at no charge. Now over 4 weeks and yet to arrive, so still waiting. Overall, pretty happy with the unit. Few workmanship things that need to go back to the dealer on, but will wait a few more trips to get it all identified and done at once. Sewer hose storage hole in side of vehicle is kind of a joke. Don't really see any use for that. We have the vinyl shower curtain rather than the glass door. Makes more sense due to less weight. My only gripe is that the dealer we purchased from, who we like and have had prior experience with, seem to have very little knowledge about the overall MBS unit. Coach part is OK (lots of things overlooked on PDI I went back for), but ask a question about frame, engine, or anything from the seats forward and absolutely no idea. This may not be a general rule, but it would make sense that if you are selling a 6 figure unit, staff should be knowledgeable about total unit, not just the coach. Just a little beef of mine.
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:23 PM   #203

Keep us posted on if you get the seat cushions. Having just ordered ours about a month ago they were still "standard" according to the Sunseeker brochure, which shows a picture with "standard swivel seats and booster cushions". Since they weren't offered as an option any longer I understood this as being a standard item. I've seen FR representatives comment on posts here. Perhaps they could answer the question....
Automatic_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman from McMurdo View Post
THANKS to all so far who have chimed in on what to expect when we go pickup our new Sunseeker! Especially glad to hear the seat bolsters may be included now as std equipment - not sure how much we'll actually use them, but as low as the seats are when turned around, they look pretty useless w/o them.

Welcome any/all who've recently taken delivery to chime in with their own "surprises" (good or bad!). We only toured a 2017 Forester 2401W model before placing our order for the Sunseeker 2400W (price was MUCH lower for essentially same coach), so I'm still trying to assess what justified the higher cost of the Forester and what we should expect when we see our little Sunseeker for the 1st time.
We got our 2400W 1-13-17 and have got just over 1K miles on it. Love it so far and the boosters and table make for nice guest seating. Now that being said, the sewer hose storage is a joke as it will not hold one full section of hose. Bring on Canada 2017 !!!
Mtnman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:13 PM   #205
2018 Sunseeker 2400W MBS

Glad to hear most new owners are generally satisfied with their 2017 Sunseeker Sprinter models. Realize we all probably load & use our RVs a bit differently, but curious to hear what kind of real-world fuel mileage folks are getting (NOT towing anything) from the little 3L V-6 Mercedes turbo-diesel? Happy with the available power??
Iceman from McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:34 PM   #206

Learned the hard way. Do everything you can to keep the faux wood dry. Do not use any wet liquids that can seep into the surface as it will swell and be ruined. Most would do this under normal cleaning. With that said , I am wondering if anyone has found a wood and stain that will match the cherry color in the 2401w.
DHC2124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHC2124 View Post
With that said , I am wondering if anyone has found a wood and stain that will match the cherry color in the 2401w.
I've had reasonable results using Min Wax English Chestnut (# 233) on poplar...

Dave
Old 04-02-2017, 06:40 PM   #208

Thank you Dave! I will try that.
Dave
DHC2124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #209

Our Sunseeker 2400sd came with bolster seats and optional bbq propane hose
Tollypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollypop View Post
Our Sunseeker 2400sd came with bolster seats and optional bbq propane hose

Regarding mileage, our 2017 MBS 2400W with the cab-over bunk averaged about 15 mpg over about 14000 miles, including trips through the East coast mountains of the Adirondacks and the Alleghenies. We try to drive around 60 mph when on freeways, and 55 mph otherwise. The last 4500 miles we have been pulling a Chevy Spark (2300 lbs, 13 ft long), and getting about 13mpg, same speeds.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman from McMurdo View Post
Glad to hear most new owners are generally satisfied with their 2017 Sunseeker Sprinter models. Realize we all probably load & use our RVs a bit differently, but curious to hear what kind of real-world fuel mileage folks are getting (NOT towing anything) from the little 3L V-6 Mercedes turbo-diesel? Happy with the available power??

Generally 11-14 mpg is most conditions. We usually drive 55 to 65 mph. It has plenty of power and is a great mountain climber and descender too. The cruise control is amazing in all conditions. It's rarely necessary to get down to 3rd gear. Usually is stays in 5th or 4th when needed and purrs along at 2200-2400 rpm. It has plenty of torque so doesn't need to wind up to high rpms to get power. That helps keep engine wear down, engine noise down, and fuel mileage up.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:40 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHC2124 View Post
Learned the hard way. Do everything you can to keep the faux wood dry. Do not use any wet liquids that can seep into the surface as it will swell and be ruined. Most would do this under normal cleaning. With that said , I am wondering if anyone has found a wood and stain that will match the cherry color in the 2401w.
You can take a small piece of the molding to a "GOOD" paint and stain store and the can machine match the colors.... but the good ones eyeball it after the machine is done. Creative Paints in Columbus, Ohio can match any wood!
Old 04-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #213

Received a call yesterday afternoon from the RV parts / service counter. My bolster seats arrived yesterday after being placed on order 2/28/17. Will go down and pick them up today. Only item that may be different is that color may not be an exact match, as did lots may vary batch to batch for material. Not a big deal to me, as long as they are close. Just happy to have them so I don't sit with my knees in my face on the swivel seats! Appreciate FR taking care of this for me as part of standard equipment package.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #214

Anyone have a part number for the bolsters. Were not available when I got my rig.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #215

Got the Booster / bolster seats home yesterday and they matched the other seat colors perfectly. Very surprised that dye its and materials are that consistent. I looked at the paperwork I had and there were no part numbers associated with these seats. Also, I have no idea what drives the cost of these to such high numbers as there is nothing exotic about them.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #216

Picking Up our MBS in two weeks & have a few questions

I've scanned the 2400W thread and have a few q's for the recent owners...

We're picking up our 2400W shortly and have a pretty good dealer in S.E. Pennsylvania, but we're not sure they are up on all of the info... this is a 2017 off their lot, but one wants to be sure what we should be getting from them at delivery.

I see we are getting the front seat bolster cushions... but two of the options are a bit of a mystery
  • Premium Camping Package

• 15K Btu A/C W/Heat Pump (N/A W/Diesel Generator)
So what is the "Premium Camping Package"?

I think our unit has a LP 3.6KW Onan generator, not diesel. Correct?

Should I ask the dealer to install quality metal tire extensions and metal stems for a reasonable cost before delivery? I do believe that I will be adding TPMS monitor sensors immediately, and it looks like the OEM extensions are prone to failure and loss...

What is the RV GPS application that is included with the 2400W? If none, what would you recommend?

Any hoses, cables, and/or "shore" power adapters recommended that are not included?

Is it easy to add an external grill gas fitting?

Anyone using solar with their 2400W? Comments/Opinions?

I'm off to check out the thread below... any other "must reads"?

What have you done to customize your MBS 2400 series motor home

More than enough questions for now...

Thanks to all who may reply in advance!
Save
BluStreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluStreek View Post

We're picking up our 2400W shortly and have a pretty good dealer in S.E. Pennsylvania, but we're not sure they are up on all of the info... this is a 2017 off their lot, but one wants to be sure what we should be getting from them at delivery.

I see we are getting the front seat bolster cushions... but two of the options are a bit of a mystery

Package is: Forester MBS Premium Camping Package: Smart Phone in Coach Remote System, Stainless Steel Appliances, Back Up Camera/Side View Camera w/ Monitor, In Dash Pioneer Sound System, In House Entertainment Center w/ Outside Speakers, Slide Room Toppers, Rear Stabilizer Jacks, Privacy Front Cab Magnetic Black Out Shades, Ultra Leather Driver/Passenger Seating, Solid Surface Kitchen Countertop, Cab-Over Cargo/Safety Net (N/A with Trekker Front Cap), Painted Skirt w/ Partial Graphics and Fiberglass Running Boards

Correct

Should I ask the dealer to install quality metal tire extensions and metal stems for a reasonable cost before delivery? I do believe that I will be adding TPMS monitor sensors immediately, and it looks like the OEM extensions are prone to failure and loss...

Have a reputable tire dealer do it. Borg extenders seem to be very popular. About $120 plus installation

What is the RV GPS application that is included with the 2400W? If none, what would you recommend?

No GPS in mine, plus scree is not that great. Got the new Garmin 61 NA-LMTS and it is great. About $270 from Amazon

Any hoses, cables, and/or "shore" power adapters recommended that are not included?

Doubt dealer will give you anything but basic setup is water hose, pressure regulator, sewer hose / fittings, etc.

You should already have an external fitting on right side of coach, under forward storage door. You should also be getting a "free" Aussie grill with the unit. If so, suggest you buy another extension propane hose so you will not be grilling under awning and heat damage occur. Also, if option is there, go for freestanding grill unless you want to drill holes in side of coach to mount that type of grill.

Have solar option, but do not use it because 1) small capacity of fresh and black/gray tanks limit how many days of dry camping. 2) if batteries start to decline, have option of running 3600 watt generator to recharge batteries.

Save
Hope this helps,
Old 04-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #218

What I can add is noted below within the quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluStreek View Post

I see it all over listings now but have no idea - sorry!

Yes, unless they changed the production, it runs on propane not diesel. So you should get that A/C.

It's best to have a tire place do this, perhaps a truck center or the local MB Sprinter dealer. I tried to do it myself and you have to take off the outer wheels to get the extension attached to the outers (on the inside with a 135 degree bend back). Also they weren't put on right initially (or they failed) so I had to have those two 135 bend items replace by the mfgr and re-installed. I'm out about $250 for multiple service trips to remove the outer wheels!

The Jensen unit includes a GPS. It's not perfect but pretty darn good and we use it regularly. (Many people on this Forum us other GPS units so you will get many opinions here.) We use Google Maps for pre-planning and checking local situations. The built-in GPS does not warn about low bridges and such so keep your eyes open always. It is pre-set for automobile use. It can be switched to truck use which will avoid use of small roads, very tight turns, etc. but we don't do that because we can go almost anywhere with the 25' RV so don't want to be sent on truck only routes. Please note you must register the GPS and get your one free map update immediately (by connecting the SD card from the Jensen to your computer and go to the Naviextras web site). If the RV transporter used the GPS in transit it may refuse your update and you will have to contact them and get a waiver which they seem to be willing to do because they understand the RV delivery problem.

None of that is really included. Many dealers throw in a starter package that includes a sewer hose, fresh water hose, toilet paper!, a few other goodies so you can go and immediately use it. The available accessories fill a large book, but will immediately need sewer hose, fresh water (white usually) hose, a non-fresh water hose (any garden hose will do, usually a 4-6' stub is sufficient to connect up for black water tank flush), a water pressure regulator because many water systems are too high for RV fittings, and a electrical management system (EMS) either portable (which we use) or one you hard wire inside to protect your electrical system. Progressive Industries has the one most recommended (Progressive Industries RV Surge and Electrical Protection industry lea). You may want to get quick-connect fittings for both ends of the sewer hose and a clear elbow that attaches to the drain so you can see when the black tank is running clean. If you get that, get the 90 degree bend one which will run the line out the bottom of the compartment, not the 45 degree which doesn't work in that space.

There are lots of other goodies you may need along the way...

No info on remaining items. Good luck!

Save
Old 04-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #219

GPS.

I use the Garmin 7" Camping model from Camping World. Input dimensions of motorhome and never get caught by low underpasses. Campgrounds and fuel at your fingertips. And plan trips on your PC and download the trip to the GPS.
Just my $.02!
Old 04-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #220
2012 Solera

You might scan this older Solera thread:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ead-44705.html
Lots of great mods and purchases ideas.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker