Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2016, 04:04 PM   #51
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 5,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
They aren't listed as options in the product brochure nor in the invoice pricing. Full body paint is listed. Side cameras are listed. If other things are options, they are not very transparent.


Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
I was referring to the Isata 3 Series. I think they lumped MBS in.
__________________

__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:57 PM   #52
psribbens
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 30
Both commenters are right I need to use ESP instead of the non ESP Mobil 1. Does not help that Walmart substitutes any synthetic for ESP synthetic. My bad for not checking it out. Thanks to those who commented. Blasted expensive no matter where you go but Amazon Prime Saves the Day. Still still blasted expensive.
__________________

__________________
Forester MBS
2015 2401S
pribbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:28 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,228
Watch the NAPA sales for ESP. They run their sales a few times a year. I buy when it is on sale if I don't have enough on hand for my next oil change. $5.99qt. I buy 3 cases so I always have a little extra.

They usually have to order the oil but comes the next day.
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:34 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Mobil 1 is not in spec. Mobil 1 ESP is in spec but harder to find. As with most things RV, it's available on Amazon.


Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Mobil 1 229.52 is in spec. I was making a general comment about the spec. The actual MB approved Mobil 1 oil is. Mobil 1 ESP X1 0W30 which replaced Mobil 1 ESP M 5W40 229.51
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #55
psribbens
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 30
One must be diligent to get $6/qt ESP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
Watch the NAPA sales for ESP. They run their sales a few times a year. I buy when it is on sale if I don't have enough on hand for my next oil change. $5.99qt. I buy 3 cases so I always have a little extra.

They usually have to order the oil but comes the next day.
Thanks for the tip. I would have never known to look.

Nevertheless, google shows coupons from 2014, 2013, nothing 2015 or 2016 (that I chose to look deep enough into.) One must be diligent to get it at $6 which is more that $2 off the Amazon price (i.e. real savings), and the daily price over $9.

Is there some kind of sale email notification sign-up?

If it does happen, and I happen to catch the sale, I will purchase a couple of cases.
__________________
Forester MBS
2015 2401S
pribbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by pribbens View Post
Thanks for the tip. I would have never known to look.

Nevertheless, google shows coupons from 2014, 2013, nothing 2015 or 2016 (that I chose to look deep enough into.) One must be diligent to get it at $6 which is more that $2 off the Amazon price (i.e. real savings), and the daily price over $9.

Is there some kind of sale email notification sign-up?

If it does happen, and I happen to catch the sale, I will purchase a couple of cases.
No e-mail notification that I am aware of. I just check routinely.
BTW there are several threads concerning oil changes so this should be moved.

Take a look here.
Oil and filter
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,526
New owners of 2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
Mobil 1 229.52 is in spec. I was making a general comment about the spec. The actual MB approved Mobil 1 oil is. Mobil 1 ESP X1 0W30 which replaced Mobil 1 ESP M 5W40 229.51

Mobil 1 is not in spec. under 229.52. Mobil 1 ESP is in spec.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1462562903.857970.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	107064


Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
__________________
2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Mobil 1 is not in spec. under 229.52. Mobil 1 ESP is in spec.

Attachment 107064


Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
MNtraveler, you are still missing my point. Any oil meeting MB approved spec. 229.52 is approved for the MBS. I use Mobil 1 ESP X1 0W30 which meets MB approved 229.52. All the oils on the list you posted meet MB approved spec. 229.52. The spec is the determining factor not the name or brand. In my first post regarding this subject I did not refer to Mobil 1 generic spec. I listed the spec. 229.52. I was trying to use a little shorthand, but I guess that does not work.
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,526
New owners of 2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
MNtraveler, you are still missing my point. Any oil meeting MB approved spec. 229.52 is approved for the MBS. I use Mobil 1 ESP X1 0W30 which meets MB approved 229.52. All the oils on the list you posted meet MB approved spec. 229.52. The spec is the determining factor not the name or brand. In my first post regarding this subject I did not refer to Mobil 1 generic spec. I listed the spec. 229.52. I was trying to use a little shorthand, but I guess that does not work.

Sorry, I was just responding to your post which said "Mobil 1 229.52 is in spec." - which I though was a little confusing and didn't believe to be correct strictly as it was worded. In addition to Mobil 1 ESP X1 0W-30, there are two other types of Mobil 1 ESP that are are also in spec if one can find them, as per the list. I found Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30 at the Mercedes-Benz authorized service center.

I'm sure we are very much in agreement. I just wanted the thread to be clear for other readers since it's a rather confusing requirement. Thanks.


Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
__________________
2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:48 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,228
Watch the NAPA sales for Mobil 1 ESP X1 0W30. $5.99 qt when the sale runs.
__________________

__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sunseeker

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.