Old 05-31-2016, 07:21 PM   #81

Sorry I don't get back to this site as often as I would like. Work gets in the way. The dealer was Loyd Bridges traveland in Chelsea MI. Apparently, there is so many problems with these RV's coming out of the factory that that dealership makes you sign an as is form to relieve them from the responsibility. They still do the warranty work but it is blamed on the build not the prep. It seems all these dealers are the same though after reading these posts. If some of the mobile RV techs would do warranty work I am sure things could get fixed faster. OH well we take ours in tomorrow after waiting for almost a month to get an appointment. Hopefully they wont have it all summer.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:10 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley58 View Post
Sorry I don't get back to this site as often as I would like. Work gets in the way. The dealer was Loyd Bridges traveland in Chelsea MI. Apparently, there is so many problems with these RV's coming out of the factory that that dealership makes you sign an as is form to relieve them from the responsibility. They still do the warranty work but it is blamed on the build not the prep. It seems all these dealers are the same though after reading these posts. If some of the mobile RV techs would do warranty work I am sure things could get fixed faster. OH well we take ours in tomorrow after waiting for almost a month to get an appointment. Hopefully they wont have it all summer.

I can't agree at this point. Our dealer has always been helpful and responsive and no hassle at all over warranty work. Nothing major yet but many smaller items and a missing slider roller. Seems like some dealers don't believe in putting the customer first. Odd because I'm sure they want our return purchases and to refer all our friends. I would imagine much less interest when they know you bought from somewhere else and probably would next time.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R

Old 06-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #83

Well today is June 1st. Took the 2017 MBS 2400WS to A and S RV in Auburn Hills MI. Nice staff and they loved the motorhome. They listened to the problems we have as follows:
1.Slideout motor 2 fault on close and motor 1 fault on open.
2. Electronic ignition doesn't work on water heater
3. dash radio goes out when brakes are applied or you hit a bump.

They will let us know in a few days what parts it needs and how long it will take. Also agreed we could bring it home if the parts were going to take a while to get.

Wish we would have bought it from them but they don't sell Sunseekers. One of th service staff said they were going to talk to the owner about buying one for them to rent though. She loved the layout. Overall it is very pretty rig and I hope after these little problems we can enjoy he rest f the summer with it. PS our dark water valve is not backwards like some of the posts say on this forum. I am sure we will find other things as we go though.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:49 AM   #84

Hi all!

We are about 2 weeks into our 2nd trip, and really enjoying the SunSeeker. After the first trip we had some items taken care of by our local dealer, Barrington Motor Sales in Bartlett IL. Because of the Memorial Day weekend that was approaching, they were pretty slammed, but managed to take care of most everything...

- Re-installed damaged antenna lead to both radios, and added another satellite radio antenna to get that working on the head unit. Great to have all that fixed, especially the Serius XM. The Jenson unit has many more features than the one in my 6 year old car, and we listen to it all the time.

- Since I had covered the Curt controller with plastic bags and Gorilla tape, it has been OK... The dealer has had many issues with these on other units. Since mine still works, they left it alone, but the service record reflects our initial problems.

- The missing Duel Wheel tire valve extender was replaced, and the one that did not work was fixed. After traveling through the Allegheny National Forest (WOW!), which included some rough roads, one of the extenders disappeared. I thought it had fallen off like the last one, but in fact, it had somehow been knocked behind the wheel cover. I am moving ahead with switching all the stems to steel from the OEM rubber, as these things seem problematic. Got the Dually Steel Tire Valve kit from YourTireShopSupply.com, and they will be installed next Monday. Many posts on various forums address these issues, so hopefully this will be the final solution.

- Damaged plug that I fixed on one of the Slide motors... Again, since it works, they did not mess with it. And again, this issue is in the service record.

A few other minor items were dealt with, and we are quite pleased with the support our dealer is providing. After reading other posts, it is clear to me that the dealers play a key role in getting these things functioning correctly. Over the past few days my son has been traveling with us, and showing him how everything works has underlined for me how complex motor homes really are. The "as is" form another poster had to sign makes no sense to me, and would be a deal killer in my world.

We are presently in Rhode Island with a total of 6000 miles on the clock since early April. The RV experience in our SunSeeker has been pretty great, and we have no regrets.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-03-2016, 09:07 PM   #85

Thanks for the report - great to hear how you are doing. You are covering some ground!

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 06-08-2016, 07:14 PM   #86

Update: We took the motorhome to A&S in Auburn Hills Mi. They have found the following so far. The circuit board on the hot water heater is bad, They think the motors on the slideout are bad also. As a business professional I couldn't let this go. Why would a known company such as Forest River send out a brand new motorhome with these problems. I have contacted a lawyer and found out that it may not be the factory causing this. Here in Michigan according to the lawyer that has had a few of these types of cases this year already had found out that the some dealerships are swapping the new parts for used ones. They have been doing this because parts are hard to get and takes a long time and customers are backing up in the lots. because the new one is under warranty the will be fixed and the paying customers have to wait. From what we have experienced I would not put it past our dealership to have pulled this. The forest river warranty people have been great trying to get our motorhome fixed and A&S also has been very good once we got it to them and got to know the mgr. It kinda makes sense now to me what the lawyer said. WE paid 450.00 for dealer prep and it seems we are due that back since they didn't find any of these problems. According to A&S they spend a very long time showing the buyer how everything works. Our walkthrough was 45 at best and not done by the person that normally does it. After I explained all of this to the lawyer he said it falls under the Michigan Consumers Protection Act and they do have ways of proving if the dealership did indeed swap the new parts for used ones. Our motorhome should be fixed and happy by Monday. We are looking forward to a trip very soon. Hopefully this will be the only problems we have for at least a while.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:29 AM   #87

Ready to Ride from Oklahoma

Excited to be picking up our first RV and hit the road as soon we can! After much research (a lot of it right here on this forum) we chose the 2017 Sunseeker 2400W MBS! Looking forward to making it "our own" and will continue to seek out advice and knowledge from everyone as we start this new journey since we are new to RV'ing and have a lot to learn I'm sure
Old 07-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #88

Welcome and enjoy that new "W"!!!
Old 07-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry and Stacey View Post
Excited to be picking up our first RV and hit the road as soon we can! After much research (a lot of it right here on this forum) we chose the 2017 Sunseeker 2400W MBS! Looking forward to making it "our own" and will continue to seek out advice and knowledge from everyone as we start this new journey since we are new to RV'ing and have a lot to learn I'm sure
Welcome to the club. There are quite a few fellow Sunseeker/Forester owners who frequent and will be more than happy to offer help/advice should you need any.

Here is the link to a thread that tells what others have done to customize their Sunseeker/Forester so to speak.

Have a look and then make a shopping list of things to do.

What have you done to customize your MBS 2400 series motor home
Old 07-27-2016, 12:45 PM   #90

Have a blast with the new RV! We love our "W", and are happy to share any knowledge we have gained over the last 4 months. Let us know how it all goes!

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags
sunseeker