Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #1

No Coach Power

Need some HELP!
It’s been my custom, when winterizing my 2018 Forest River Sunseeker MBS Class C 2400W, to remove the coach 12 Volt Batteries and trickle charge them in my cellar for the winter.
I find I needed to do some changes inside and have put the two batteries back in. Did this by first turning the battery control switch to OFF, parallel reconnected the two fully charged batteries, and turned the control switch back on. This should have given the coach 12 volt power but no power was on in the coach. This always worked for me in my previous RV.
Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
BobCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #2

Double check and make sure you connected the cables correctly at the coach. Like you said positive to positive and neg to neg.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #3

If battery cables are connected properly per SeaDog suggestion, check all the 12v fuses in the converter located above the refrigerator.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

There is a mini breaker that runs off the red power lead going into the fuse box. It could be close to the battery and has a red wire connected to it. The mini breaker has a tiny little button on the side of it. Push the mini button to reset the breaker.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #5

I did as SeaDog suggested and the red and black cables are correctly connected. I do have a approx 2x3 box in the battery box that the Red (+) cable is connected to from the battery. I will look more closely for the reset button.
Thanks for all your suggestions. I’ll reply on my findings tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
There is a mini breaker that runs off the red power lead going into the fuse box. It could be close to the battery and has a red wire connected to it. The mini breaker has a tiny little button on the side of it. Push the mini button to reset the breaker.
The breaker looks like this.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Manua...8Kow&gclsrc=ds
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:51 PM   #7

No Coach Power

I did find the problem and now have 12 volt power to my coach.
The problem was as SeaDog pointed out earlier. I had a battery cable on the wrong battery terminal. I'm used to connecting BLACK cables to Negative and RED cables to Positive. My mistake was a hidden Red cable that was covered in a Black plastic cable cover and so I connected it to a Negative battery terminal. Once I looked closer under the cover I discovered the RED cable. Attached it to the Positive terminal to power was good.
I won’t make that mistake again. To make sure I don’t up again I put red electrical tap on the cable end.
Thanks for all you help.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:58 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCats View Post
I did find the problem and now have 12 volt power to my coach.
The problem was as SeaDog pointed out earlier. I had a battery cable on the wrong battery terminal. I'm used to connecting BLACK cables to Negative and RED cables to Positive. My mistake was a hidden Red cable that was covered in a Black plastic cable cover and so I connected it to a Negative battery terminal. Once I looked closer under the cover I discovered the RED cable. Attached it to the Positive terminal to power was good.
I won’t make that mistake again. To make sure I don’t up again I put red electrical tap on the cable end.
Thanks for all you help.
... and thank you for reporting back with your resolution. It may help others who have the same symptoms.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power