Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
Site Team

Noticed Some Running Changes In The 2016 2400W

We were at our local dealer, Three Way Campers, picking up a few things to de-winterize our "W" and saw a new Sunseeker 2400W sitting on the lot. We weren't in a hurry so we wandered over and checked it out.

The first thing we noticed was there is now separate Jensen unit for the "house" radio and TV / DVD system. That was a very good idea as the Jensen unit we have in our dash is overwhelmed trying to do too many things. But that change cost most of the nice cabinet over the entry door we have so it is a trade off. But still one I'd gladly take...

The second was the folding privacy curtain for the bedroom is no longer being installed. It is much easier to access the bathroom without that stupid folding curtain in the way. Another good idea IMHO...ours will be coming out soon.

The third one was now the interior colors have changed and now the dinette seating is all "ultra leather" or whatever its called. I'm glad we have an early production version with the "old" cloth seat backs in the dinette. I'm not a fan of the ultra leather as it is hot and uncomfortable when compared to cloth.

Last the exhaust pipe for the generator has been rerouted and cleaned up as well. It isn't as obvious as it is on our "W". That may be because we have the formerly optional diesel generator.

So what else has changed Josh?
RedLdr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:26 PM   #2

I know the Jensen JWM6A (coach/house stereo) was a rolling change across the whole range of floor plans as was the interior upholstery. Both were welcome surprises when we took delivery of our "S" floorplan last fall. Interestingly our coach hood is white (we have full body paint, indigo) while every other one I've seen has a darker hood color. I like ours, but I wonder if the darker hood has some purpose.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
Site Team

Hmm, we have full body paint as well. Our hood is a sand / tan color that ties in to the overall paint scheme.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roughing It.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	497.2 KB
ID:	101206  
Old 03-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #4
Commercial Member

On some of the paint schemes, the front hood area was white. Some people didn't like all that white (when they paid for full body paint) so we added the front hood paint shortly before I left, just to give it a little more paint.

So no real purpose other than styling.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #5

Our new 2401W just arrived from the factory with the special edition paint we wanted and will be doing a PDI shortly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1457311185892.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	101209  
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:51 PM   #6

I was at the Philly RV show this week and looked at the 2016 Forester 2401W. I have a 2016 Solera 24W that was built in May timeline last year. Looks like there is an added Zamp solar input to the left of the door for portable solar panels. Pretty cool option. I am going to look at adding that to mine. Also noticed the outdoor lamp next to door changed to a white LED from the amber yellow. Though I like the amber.
LoveLife7478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:07 PM   #7

Yes, a Zamp connection has been added.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc View Post
Our new 2401W just arrived from the factory with the special edition paint we wanted and will be doing a PDI shortly.
I like your "mini cap". That is another nice addition IMHO. If that had been offered when we ordered ours I'd have probably went with it. We have the optional entertainment center, instead of the bunk, which does provide a lot of storage space and a larger TV.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:55 AM   #9

Thank you. It has what FR calls a Trekker cap. Although equipped with the entertainment center, storage is limited.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1457333716963.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	101236  
Old 03-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #10
Class C Representative

That cap came a couple months after you were through the factory Wayne.

• Cab over safety net
  • Jensen Radio
  • Removable Valances
  • All leather dinette
  • Slow rise black out shades
  • Hellwig sway bar
  • Trekker front cap
  • Backsplash behind the bathroom sink
  • Maxx Air fan
  • Pre-wired for a zamp solar panel
  • New tail lights
I can think if these off the top of my head but I'm sure I'm missing things.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post

• Cab over safety net
  • Jensen Radio
  • Removable Valances
  • All leather dinette
  • Hellwig sway bar
  • Trekker front cap
  • Maxx Air fan
  • New tail lights
Hi Josh, I have a 24W 2016 Solera. I have the Hellwig Sway Bar from factory already. Would I be able to add the cab over safety net to mine? Also would like to add the Zamp solar option. Do you have the part #'s and instructions on how you installed that? Also what is the new tail light set-up?
LoveLife7478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #12

So help me here with branding. I have a 2015 Solera 24R. The exterior and interior pictures of the new Sunseeker 2400W posted above are very similar to my motorhome. So, Solera is now Sunseeker? Is Solera branded by any other names? Thanks.
lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #13

Joshua,

Do you know when you will start taking orders for 2017 units? Are there additional changes beyond the ones listed above for 2017? Thanks.
cpottey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:47 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacamastraveler View Post
So help me here with branding. I have a 2015 Solera 24R. The exterior and interior pictures of the new Sunseeker 2400W posted above are very similar to my motorhome. So, Solera is now Sunseeker? Is Solera branded by any other names? Thanks.
The Solera name has been retired by FR. The same MBS is now sold as a Forester, a Isata 3 and a Sunseeker. They are basically the same vehicles with trim and color varying by brand. Remember how GM and Ford sold the same basic vehicle as multiple brands with different trim? The same concept applies here. The Sunseeker is the "Chevy", the Forester is the "Buick" and the Isata 3 is the Cadillac. As I understand it your Solera is closest to a Forester in trim level.

Versions of the MBS are also available from Coachman but they vary much more than the three Forest River versions in floor plans and trim. Saturns if you're going to stay with the GM analogy I reckon...
Old 03-08-2016, 04:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc View Post
Really nice.... Very best luck to you!

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpottey View Post
Joshua,

Do you know when you will start taking orders for 2017 units? Are there additional changes beyond the ones listed above for 2017? Thanks.
My wife and I ordered a 2017 2041R MBS on Saturday, 3/5. It should arrive in May is what we were told. We can't wait! There was no increase in price.
glb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #17

Thanks glb6. Are the 2017 full body paint colors the same?
cpottey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #18

Yes we got the Indigo full body paint and the salesman said there were no changes at this time.
glb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #19
Class C Representative

It depends on when your unit was built. When we made the Cab over net an option we started putting a steel backer in the wall by the bunk curtain. You can check to see if it is there by using a magnet. Your easiest set up is to go with an aftermarket solar panel system. We tie ours into our Battery control center while online at the factory.

Solera is now Sunseeker MBS and Forester MBS. In trim packages, Solera and Sunseeker are going to be similar.

If we are comparing Apples to cars, Sunseeker would compare to a Chevy, while Forester and Isata 3 could be compared to a GMC or Cadillac.

We used to have four different product lines, Sunseeker, Forester, Lexington, and Solera. We consolidated those lines to expand our product throughout the country. If we have a Sunseeker or Forester Dealer they are now able to order a Class C, a GTS or an MBS.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post

• Cab over safety net
  • Jensen Radio
  • Removable Valances
  • All leather dinette
  • Hellwig sway bar
  • Trekker front cap
  • Maxx Air fan
  • New tail lights

Hey Josh, I heard that you're starting to add back front gutter spouts. Is that true? And if so is it possible to order some that match ordered paint scheme?

Thanks