Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2016, 11:29 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Petersb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wenatchee Wa
Posts: 191
Oil change

Changed oil today in 24s sunseeker after putting in 12& 1/2 quarts in it was only up to the min mark on the dipstick. Anyone else experience that.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:17 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersb View Post
Changed oil today in 24s sunseeker after putting in 12& 1/2 quarts in it was only up to the min mark on the dipstick. Anyone else experience that.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
The engine holds 13.1 qts. I put 13qts in each change. Oil quantity should be checked with engine warm. If you changed the filter along with the oil add a total of 13qts, run the engine and then check level. Some worry about over servicing, which is a concern, but if you drained oil and replaced filter 13 qts. will put you at the full mark (warm).
__________________

__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:12 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Petersb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wenatchee Wa
Posts: 191
Thanks mikegjax I put the last 1/2 quart in and it is still not in the middle of the stick I will let it warm up and see where it's at.
I just didn't want to overfill it and have to deal with that problem.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersb View Post
Thanks mikegjax I put the last 1/2 quart in and it is still not in the middle of the stick I will let it warm up and see where it's at.
I just didn't want to overfill it and have to deal with that problem.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Do this; since your close, either run the engine a bit, as the oil will blacken up pretty quick and you will be able to see it clearly on the dip stick. Or, check it during/after your first trip, and top it off then. Either way, do not over-fill it, otherwise your Benz will give you an overfill warning and you will have to drain back to full.
__________________
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Petersb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wenatchee Wa
Posts: 191
Oil change
Thanks still kickin I put the other 1/2 quart in and drove around a bit and checked today it is up right where it should be. So that is 13 quarts with the filter. Now to figure out the reset buttons.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersb View Post
Oil change
Thanks still kickin I put the other 1/2 quart in and drove around a bit and checked today it is up right where it should be. So that is 13 quarts with the filter. Now to figure out the reset buttons.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Here is the reset procedure.
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:43 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Petersb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wenatchee Wa
Posts: 191
Thanks again mikegjax this forum is great for finding answers to just about any issue tha may come up.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:41 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
namusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 146
As I recall, the amount of oil between the max and min marks on the dipstick is two quarts instead of the usual one quart.
__________________
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:13 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc View Post
As I recall, the amount of oil between the max and min marks on the dipstick is two quarts instead of the usual one quart.
Correct.
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #10
clr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sherman Illinois
Posts: 661
Not quite on subject here but feel I should share with other diesel engine owners. I recently run a product thru my engine that made a huge difference in engine performance. It is Hot Shot semiannual treatment. What a difference after one tank of fuel, I was very surprised! It ran better than new, and I thought it was running great prior to the treatment.
The other tip is Shell Rotella blended oil for heavy duty diesel engines. I had been running pure synthetic oil in my engine for some time. And as the miles rolled around the engine seemed to become louder when accelerating. With this oil the engine is much quieter.
__________________

__________________
Chuck & Sandra
Engineer/Teacher
2010 F350 CC 6.4
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.