Old 03-05-2018, 11:15 PM   #1

Paint Code Numbers?

Does anyone happen to know the paint code number for the Dark Brown on a 2018 Sunseeker MBS? I just don't like (AT ALL) the idea of someone playing games or being childish pouring or otherwise adding something to my fresh water tank so I'm going to install a lockable cover for the fresh water fill inlet like this one... https://www.ebay.com/itm/231955562405
It's a cheap fix for the peace of mind...

Automatic_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:52 AM   #2

I don't have the paint code number but I would check to see if whatever you bought uses the common CH751 key that everyone has and won't provide much protection against what you are concerned about.

My 2016 MBS Prism came with a lockable door like your link has and does use the CH751.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic_11 View Post
Does anyone happen to know the paint code number for the Dark Brown on a 2018 Sunseeker MBS? I just don't like (AT ALL) the idea of someone playing games or being childish pouring or otherwise adding something to my fresh water tank so I'm going to install a lockable cover for the fresh water fill inlet like this one... https://www.ebay.com/itm/231955562405
It's a cheap fix for the peace of mind...
Have considered something like this?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WATER-INL...-/232079951081
Old 03-17-2018, 11:05 PM   #4
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Our 2016 MBS 2400WS paint codes are on a sticker stuck to back of kitchen cabinet, the one over the sink.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #5

Paint codes on my MBís are on driver side door jamb where the weight ratings are
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:42 PM   #6

I need to do a little touch up on my "new" 2016 Forester MBS 2401WS.
My previous rig, in Garnet, had the paint code label on the driver door. I've looked everywhere in and out, but can't find a paint label on this one.
I think it is called the "Cobalt" color scheme, from what I can find. It has a main white background with pearl black swooshes that has a subtle blue hue in it, with some silver swooshes and another a silver/gold blend swoosh.
If anyone has one like this that has a paint code label and would be kind enough to send me a pic of the label (or enumerate the codes in a reply), I would certainly appreciate it.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbnb View Post
I need to do a little touch up on my "new" 2016 Forester MBS 2401WS.
My previous rig, in Garnet, had the paint code label on the driver door. I've looked everywhere in and out, but can't find a paint label on this one.
I think it is called the "Cobalt" color scheme, from what I can find. It has a main white background with pearl black swooshes that has a subtle blue hue in it, with some silver swooshes and another a silver/gold blend swoosh.
If anyone has one like this that has a paint code label and would be kind enough to send me a pic of the label (or enumerate the codes in a reply), I would certainly appreciate it.
Update: I called FR to ask about paint. They told me I have the "Indigo" color scheme, but no one there was able to give me the paint codes.
Employee bclemens used to be on the forum a lot before moving to Dynamax. There's an old thread where he was able to get codes and their manufacturers from the paint shop, so I know it has to be available, since they use GM, Ford, Chrysler and even VW paint on these.
I'm going to keep trying thru corporate, but in the meantime, if anyone has an Indigo rig with a paint code sticker on it, I'd certainly appreciate a photo of the sticker or a listing of the codes.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:29 PM   #8

I stopped by O'Reilley automotive today after getting frustrated trying to find paint codes from Forest River's corporate office. O'Reilly has a camera, at least at my local store, that they can use on the existing color scheme to match all the colors. The price of each custom matching color touch-up bottle is the same as a stock bottle of Duplicolor paint off the shelf.
I'm having each of the four colors for my "Indigo" rig made up for me, and hopefully they will match. We'll see.
I'll post an update once they get the colors to me.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #9

FR Corporate office has been no help on paint codes. I went to O'Reilly's today. They have a paint camera that is supposed to identify the colors and make a match within a 15% error rate and they mix large touch-up bottles for the same price as the small Duplicolor bottles.
OK. Gave it a whirl.
Three of the 4 colors came out good. The 4th, a light silver color, did not. Much too dark and no where near an 85% match. I'll return it tomorrow and get a new mix.
When I get all 4 colors correct, I'll post the color mix here for anyone else that may need it.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
I have the same paint scheme as you and below is a photo of the paint sticker from my RV

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2099.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	346.4 KB
ID:	167711