Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2016, 08:21 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
I wish the Grey Wolf line had a person like Joshua. Don't get that level of support in the Grey Wolf line.
I just wished there was any kind of support on the discontinued Trilogy line.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #42

We added another shelf to our pantry. It holds the coffeemaker, toaster and a blender chopper mixer combo. The bottom holds the laptop and tablet. Leaves 3 shelves for food. Plenty of room now.
smiley58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:52 AM   #43
Class C Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabbwr View Post
I just wished there was any kind of support on the discontinued Trilogy line.
BClemens, is the man to talk to about Dynamax products!
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:38 AM   #44
Commercial Member

I can certainly try...but we stopped building those before I got here. So my knowledge is limited.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:10 PM   #45
Chuck

Easier Mod

I created shelves for mine and then put drawer glides on the bottom of them. They pull out and then lock back into place. I like your mod, mine was much easier though. I also installed small battery powered motion sensor lights in each section. If anyone knows why FR rotates photos that were correct to start with I would love to know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kysunseekermbs View Post
I changed the previous cabinet door and deep narrow shelves into a pull out pantry. The pic attached is when we were test fitting various items to determine size of shelf lips needed and heights.

I made it out of cabinet grade plywood that is much lighter than the partical board shelves that were removed. Counting the slides and extra material it did add a little weight but the storage space and ability to see what's in there is well worth it. There are (2) 100 pound rated slides on the bottom and 1 100 pound slide at the Top in the middle for stability.

My wife is very very excited about this change! Attachment 109610

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160914_110212.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	120179  
Idaho_Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #46

Looks good! Some details please. Did you secure the original shelves? Brackets/slides used? Construct or buy the slider shelf?
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #47
Chuck

I bought premade shelves from Home Depot and cut them down to fit the openings. I had to trim them to fit and used the trim pieces for the end caps. This keeps the food in the back from sliding off and the food in front from sliding forward and hitting the door during travel. The tracks I used are 16" and bolt to the floor of the shelf and the shelf themselves. The final "push" locks them in place. they are standard drawer glides. This is in a travel trailer but should work exactly the same.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160914_130342 1sm.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	120194  
Idaho_Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:14 AM   #48

The day we picked up our 2017 MBS W we went to the Container Store and found what we think is the perfect solution for this narrow, fairly deep space...

http://www.containerstore.com/s/stor...uctId=10027797

We got 5 of these (6-3/4" x 18-1/4" x 8-3/8" h)
http://www.containerstore.com/catalo...x.jpg?width=30

And one of these (6-3/4" x 18-1/4" x 11" h)
http://www.containerstore.com/catalo....jpg?width=300

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1473915306.413629.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	120253Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1473915306.413629.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	120253

They stack and fit in the space nicely, and to keep them from rattling around, foam pipe wraps...

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...b066bf_400.jpg

were slit in half and jammed on the sides of the bins. All the original shelves but one were removed, with one placed on top of the stack, which is a good place for all the RV manuals or a couple pair of shoes. BTW, this foam stuff is pretty handy for padding and cutting vibration noise.

Although not a cheap solution, these drawers are really handy, and readily available.

FYI, the Container Store folks were great about letting us take stuff out of the store for fitting tests, etc.

Hope this helps!

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-16-2016, 06:45 PM   #49
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Hey, I just got back from the Container Store will all those boxes, I hope we can figure out what you mean about the pipe insulators. I didn't have The Waldorf with me, but they were really nice to help me find what you listed and the return period is 120 days. I also got a $2 plastic shoe box, I thought it might be good to corral stuff in the refrigerator (w/o the lid off).
Isn't the internet great??!!

FYI, the Container Store folks were great about letting us take stuff out of the store for fitting tests, etc.

Hope this helps!

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums[/QUOTE]
Old 09-17-2016, 12:40 AM   #50

If you go to any home improvement or hardware store, you should be able to find the foam pipe insulators, not more than about $2 each for something about 3' to 4' long. They are about 2" in diameter and have a slit along one side that allows them to fit over the pipe. I cut another slit with a scissors to make "c" shaped profile. Using 12" long pieces of this profile pushed into the space between the inside cabinet walls and the box sides on each of the 6 layers made each layer and the entire stack assembly nice and snug, with no vibration or lack of stability. There are probably other items you could use to make a tight fit in the cabinet cavity, like packing foam or maybe larger thickness bubble wrap... I had a lot of this pipe foam left over from some project, so that is what I used. We store canned goods, plastic drinking glasses, seasonings, cooking and serving utensils, etc. in this drawer array. For us it is ideal, as we did not have to re-invent the wheel to come with a really nice upgrade.

Wish I had some more photos, but the RV is waiting for us 200 miles away in Wisconsin. On Sunday we hit the road on a 3 week trip up through Canada on the North side of Lake Huron, through Ottawa, and down to Rhode Island. Can't wait!
If you need more clarification, I can add some more pix Sunday night.

Let us know how it goes!

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Old 09-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #51

Rkloud9
What did you do on the bottom of the cabinet where you have a high lip in front?
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:47 PM   #52

Hmmm... I forgot about that detail. Just took a look, and there is a piece of plywood under the bottom container, and I think it is about 3/4" thick. This raises that container just enough so that the drawer clears the lip. The plywood only needs to roughly fit the bottom of the container, as the foam keeps the containers centered in cabinet cavity.

I apologize if this missing detail caused you problems.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Old 09-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #53
2016 GTS Sunseeker 2430S

Thanks to all who posted on this thread. As we are a bit "mechanically challenged," I like the Container Store drawers.

I had drawers in our previous RV, a Class B, and found that they were often difficult to slide open when filled.

Have you, RKloud9 or Nancyc7 experienced any problems with your drawers? Especially if you have canned goods in them?

Thanks!

We have a Sunseeker 2430 GTS. The floor plan is the same as a Sunseeker 2400W but it is a gasser.
Gizmosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:17 PM   #54
Sunseeker 2400MBW

HA! that's why I like this idea so much. My husband is mechanically inclined but certainly not a cabinet maker or a really good carpenter like some of these ideas require.
I have not been able to install ours yet but I have everything. The plywood "floor" is not cut yet. I think I will be able to do this all by myself.
Ours is in the shop for 6 weeks!! now. It's the "after you bought it tune up" of 6 items.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:42 PM   #55

Hi. I just wanted to provide a tip regardless of what pantry solution you go with. Make sure you measure the width in the front as well as the back on the top and bottom. I had over 1/2 difference on mine.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Old 10-31-2016, 11:37 PM   #56
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Well, we got ours out of the shop after 12!!! weeks, and I put in those boxes of drawers in.Rkloud9, they fit so awesome!! It's amazing. I had left over thin yoga mats from lining drawers and I stacked up enough to replace the piece of plywood at the base. The 5 drawers fit right in. We had some pool noodles left over and pipe insulation to cut in half. My husband didn't think that part was entirely necessary but the top drawer, when full and open, would pull over the entire stack, push up top shelf and dump everything out. Maybe when they all got full it would work but I'm not sure. The 1/2 pipe cover or pool noodle shoved down each side kept them steady. God forbid anything rattle anyway. I would post a photo but I don't know how and it's the same as your set. Thank you for showing this. It's so helpful.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:46 PM   #57
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1477975458.501273.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	124385
Old 11-01-2016, 06:04 AM   #58

Glad they worked out for you! 12 weeks in the shop! Yikes!

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Old 11-01-2016, 07:55 AM   #59

12 weeks! If RV places gave out loaners while they were servicing, this lead time would magically shorten.

The boat, car, lawnmower and motorcycle industry can't get away with this length of service times. Why does the RV industry?

I have yet to take mine to service and have luckily fixed everything myself but 3 months seems to be the norm. That's terrible.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Old 11-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #60
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmosmom View Post
Thanks to all who posted on this thread. As we are a bit "mechanically challenged," I like the Container Store drawers.

I had drawers in our previous RV, a Class B, and found that they were often difficult to slide open when filled.

Have you, RKloud9 or Nancyc7 experienced any problems with your drawers? Especially if you have canned goods in them?

Thanks!

We have a Sunseeker 2430 GTS. The floor plan is the same as a Sunseeker 2400W but it is a gasser.

Well you can see, we don't have a lot of stuff yet. I do think they could be difficult to pull out if packed with something as heavy as a lot of canned goods.
We don't have much canned goods at home? Tuna, sardines and coconut milk is what I see right now. Apparently we eat a lot of frozen food. Obvs, we have to think all this through a little better.

I did pack the top drawer with heavy stuff and that's when I discovered pulling the drawer out would tip over the stack without stuffing the insulation down the sides.

But, since we don't have KSun, the finish carpenter at home, these drawers are a stellar idea.