Old 09-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #51
What did you do on the bottom of the cabinet where you have a high lip in front?

2016 Sunseeker MBS W
2010 Honda CRV- SMI Stay In Play Duo
Previous-5th wheel, Class C, tent trailer, tent
SSmbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:47 PM   #52
Hmmm... I forgot about that detail. Just took a look, and there is a piece of plywood under the bottom container, and I think it is about 3/4" thick. This raises that container just enough so that the drawer clears the lip. The plywood only needs to roughly fit the bottom of the container, as the foam keeps the containers centered in cabinet cavity.

I apologize if this missing detail caused you problems.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Rkloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #53
Thanks to all who posted on this thread. As we are a bit "mechanically challenged," I like the Container Store drawers.

I had drawers in our previous RV, a Class B, and found that they were often difficult to slide open when filled.

Have you, RKloud9 or Nancyc7 experienced any problems with your drawers? Especially if you have canned goods in them?

We have a Sunseeker 2430 GTS. The floor plan is the same as a Sunseeker 2400W but it is a gasser.
Gizmosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:17 PM   #54
River Forest Sunseeker 24
HA! that's why I like this idea so much. My husband is mechanically inclined but certainly not a cabinet maker or a really good carpenter like some of these ideas require.
I have not been able to install ours yet but I have everything. The plywood "floor" is not cut yet. I think I will be able to do this all by myself.
Ours is in the shop for 6 weeks!! now. It's the "after you bought it tune up" of 6 items.
May 2016 we bought our first RV.
Forest River Sunseeker 24ft MBS WS named "Where's Waldorf".
We will tow a Dodge Dakota as needed. It's name is DK.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:42 PM   #55
Hi. I just wanted to provide a tip regardless of what pantry solution you go with. Make sure you measure the width in the front as well as the back on the top and bottom. I had over 1/2 difference on mine.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2016 Sunseeker W MBS
kysunseekermbs is offline   Reply With Quote