Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #1

Prism 24G side slide acting up

The side slide (Schwintek) on our 2016 24G will rapidly bounce/vibrate when going in/out - this just started. Anything to look for? I checked the rollers (3) and they all visually look OK as in no missing screws. It appears to be the rear side causing the issue.

It doesn't do it all the way in either direction, more of in say the middle 3rd of movement.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:05 AM   #2

Even though the screws look OK, check them with a 14mm wrench. Also have someone operate the slide control so you can inspect the rollers while the slide is moving to detect a frozen or egg shaped roller.

After that, spray the rails with slide lube or similar.

Good luck. Hope that helps.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #3

I still need to check the LCI website but I had the wife move it in and out a couple times - of course the issue was not there.

The rollers nearest the cab turned some of time, but not all the time. The middle rollers turned all the time and the rears most of the time. The rollers don't appear to be frozen or egg shaped.

The front rollers may be loose - I don't have a tool to get into them. A 9/16 or 14mm wrench will not fit in the gap.

It appears that the slide is off 1 tooth on the guide. I tried running it in and out about 8 inches from closed and the same from open - no help.

Of course I am about 2 weeks out of 1 yr warranty.

Mike and JoAnne
Old 06-14-2018, 08:01 PM   #4

I read the LCI site for troubleshooting. I have done the controller reset procedure several times. I also lubricated the rollers and the slide rails with a silicon spray. It seems to be working better, but it still is not a smooth operation.

I see no way to get any kind of tool on to the roller bolts to check for tightness. The gap under th eslide is just about the same size as the bolts. No wrench or thinwall socket will work. Jacking up the outside of the slide just raises the whole side of the MH.

I guess I'll monitor it and see what happens.

Mike and JoAnne
Old 06-14-2018, 11:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiDudi View Post
I read the LCI site for troubleshooting. I have done the controller reset procedure several times. I also lubricated the rollers and the slide rails with a silicon spray. It seems to be working better, but it still is not a smooth operation.

I see no way to get any kind of tool on to the roller bolts to check for tightness. The gap under th eslide is just about the same size as the bolts. No wrench or thinwall socket will work. Jacking up the outside of the slide just raises the whole side of the MH.

I guess I'll monitor it and see what happens.
...wondering if the horizontal (not the vertical) screws holding the roller brackets to the coach are tight.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc View Post
...wondering if the horizontal (not the vertical) screws holding the roller brackets to the coach are tight.

I'll try to get a pic tomorrow of the rollers and brackets. There are no horizontal screws on the roller brackets. They screw vertically into the coach with the rollers parallel to the ground with a bolt going through eash roller.

Mike and JoAnne

Tags
slide