Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 08:08 AM   #1

Prism 24M Questions

We just acquired a 2016 Prism 24M and have some questions.

Which compartment should I store the dump hose?

Now I have it in a tub in the slide outside compartment. The tub is on a rubber mat so it won't skid into any of the equipment for the slide mechanism.

What do you folks carry in the other outside compartments?
2004 Bluebird M380 (sold)
GeoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #2

Why are you starting a new thread on this topic when you started a thread on the same subject a few days ago?
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #3

Because some thought it was about storing the Prism outside instead under cover.

I have questions about specifically the 24M because is is totally different from the other 24's.

Thanks for asking.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:07 PM   #4

You're right, I thought the other thread was about storing the Mobile Palace, and thus didn't even open the thread. I don't think there is a correct place to store the dump hose and accessories. I don't think Prism provides a good storage place, except maybe the hollow rear bumper, which could easy accommodate the dump hose, but not the fittings. For various reasons (none I'll defend), I choose not to store it there. I also keep mine in a small tub, but at the rear compartment; I think keeping it in the side compartment is just as good. I'd probably do that too except it's too low for me to get into without a lot of pain. I also have a couple of boxes of disposable gloves (cheap at Harbor Freight) near by. As an added note, I also periodically give the hose and the tub a good cleaning and thorough drying (don't know that it makes any real difference, but I feel better for it).
FollowTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoDoc View Post
Which compartment should I store the dump hose?
I didn't want to store the hose in any compartment. So I bought a hollow PVC fence post and attached it to the back bumper. I put a smaller piece of PVC gutter inside (so I can slide the hose out, if necessary) and added caps to both ends (one removable...)

Anyway, the whole thing stretches the full width of the bumper and holds many feet of sewer hose.

Dave
Old 07-02-2018, 08:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
So I bought a hollow PVC fence post and attached it to the back bumper.
We just got this thing so I walked outside to see the bumper and saw that it doesn't have a bumper.

Now what?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	178035  
Old 07-02-2018, 06:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoDoc View Post
We just got this thing so I walked outside to see the bumper and saw that it doesn't have a bumper.

Now what?
Hmm. My bumper's steel, about 9 inches tall, and crosses the full width of the back. I attached the PVC fence post directly to the back of the bumper (where it's gonna get hit first, before the bumper itself). I think I may have posted info about what I did previously - I'll see if I can find the thread.

But it doesn't look like my solution will do you any good. There may be some other way to attach a similar thing - or maybe you could mount it inside a compartment where it might be more out of the way? I do like the fence post and finding a way to use it might be good for you.

Dave
Old 07-02-2018, 06:21 PM   #8

So I couldn't find my own thread, but a google search:
"PVC fence post site:forestriverforums.com"
turned up a bunch of references to different ways of using a fence post for sewer hose storage.

Dave
Old 07-02-2018, 06:48 PM   #9

You are talking about the basement area, which I discerned from your prior thread. I had ruled out the Prism when RV shopping because they seem to be lacking in outside storage.
A stinky sewer hose needs to be segregated from other basement items, even if it is kept in its' own sealed tub. Its' smell will still permeate a basement compartment. At least I don't care for it.
The only place I saw to store a sewer hose on a Prism is, with some ingenuity, 1) up on the roof or 2) in a large diameter pipe mounted crossways under the rear of the chassis.
I enlarged my 2401WS's dedicated sewer compartment to handle more hose and fittings, but that mod would not work on the Prism.
Good luck!
Old 07-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #10

I just dedicate a driver's side compartment to all the sewer stuff. Really like the Rhino sewer hoses as they cap at both ends and no leakage or mess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forest River Forums mobile app
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #11

We sound like a chuck wagon crossing a rutted road when turning right or left.

How does one keep the Murphy Bed from moving around?
Old 07-08-2018, 05:21 PM   #12

I’ve had my M for a year now. We did a coast to coast last year and left today for another one. We just wash out and cap the hoses. Plastic trash bags tied off have been fine. If you do keep them in the side under the bed make sure to keep any water away from the bed controller. There are wires running out from it and it’s not water proof. We found out in a slushy snow storm. Our bed is pretty quiet when driving. We upgraded to a custom memory foam one. 6500 miles last trip. Maybe 7000 this one.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:03 AM   #13

This is the new home for the dump hose. I may strap a fence post holder to it but for now it is out of the slide storage area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	392.5 KB
ID:	181807  
Old 08-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #14

God bless if you store your sewer hose in a closed compartment.
If you don't store it in a ventilated place where it can dry, you will have a stinky primordial stew of gunk growing not only on the hose but inside the storage container, too.
My 24R had a great place in the dump valve compartment to store the hose where it would dry. My new 2401WS did not have a good place to store it.
I put the sewer hose in a sealed container for one trip in the 2401...ughhh! No good!
After getting back from that first trip I designed a ventilated compartment for it in the left rear area of the rig.
The hose is dry and odor free now when I pull it out for use.

Here's the previous post I made on it. Maybe it will help.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ck-157724.html
Old 08-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #15

Next time i'm at the coach i'm going under it and look for space to do a door and tube.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:26 AM   #16

On my 2016 Prism I put a 5 inch fence post on top of the chassis frame. It reaches from the LP gas bottle over to the sewer hook up. I put bungie cord to hold the lids on. Easy to hook and unhook. Being right above the sewer valve.
hstroupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:58 AM   #17

Since the sewer hose end does not fit in the installed carry pipe , we simply leave it on. No idea why?

By rinsing the hose after a dump , and then connecting both ends , its air tight and water tight , so no smell if in a storage compartment.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote