Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #1

Questions on MBS series

I am looking at the 2401R and 2401W.
1. Does either dinette convert into a bed? What advantage does one have over the other?
2. Looks like neither plan give you a good view of the tv. Which do you like best?
3. Does the engine A/C keep the cab cool enough in 100 degree weather or do you have to run the RV A/C?
4. Since the propane tank is so small where can we carry an extra?
5. Can you delete the generator, and if so will two Honda EU2000's and my Berg tank fit in that compartment?
6. What are the R values of the coaches sides, roof and floor?
7. If you sleep in the bunk above the cab is it hot up there? (does the rv have ductwork?)

sorry for all of the questions.
camperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
Class C Representative

1) They both convert into a bed. It just depends on the style you want to sit in. There is more room with the U dinette but you can't sit directly across from each other.
2) I'll let someone else hit this question.
3) You would probably need to turn on the RV A/C. If you were just sitting in the cab it should keep you cool but it would take a while and a lot of work to keep your whole unit cool.
4)There are plenty of compartments to store your extra tank but the one on board should last a little over 2 days.
5)That's a special order request you would need to talk to your dealer and territory rep about.
6)We have an R value of 9.5
7) We run a duct over the cab so sleeping up there is comfortable.
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:54 PM   #3

Thanks for the responses.

R9.5 for all surfaces?
Old 08-17-2015, 04:40 PM   #4

In the 2401W can the U dinette table and pole be completely removed to be used like a couch?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #5
Class C Representative

Yes it can be. If you wanted you could even set the table on the ledges like you were setting the bed up, leave the two side pieces in and use it as a love seat.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 08-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #6

What is the width of the dinette? Is the width the same for both units?

Thanks again
Old 08-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperboy View Post
I am looking at the 2401R and 2401W.
2. Looks like neither plan give you a good view of the tv. Which do you like best?
3. Does the engine A/C keep the cab cool enough in 100 degree weather or do you have to run the RV A/C?
4. Since the propane tank is so small where can we carry an extra?
We just picked up our "W" today and here are my observations on a couple of your questions.

2. The view of the front television, while seated at the dinette, is very good in the 2400W. (We have the optional entertainment center with the larger screen TV but it is in about the same location as the smaller TV in the bunk version.) The view of the second television in the bedroom is excellent.

3. It was 90°F and raining heavily today in Atlanta. The cab A/C kept the cab area quite comfortable.

4. Rather than carry more LP another possible solution is to order the optional QD3200 diesel generator. It avoids the shorter run time issues with the LP3600.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:42 AM   #8
Class C Representative

The U-Dinette is 45x82.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
The U-Dinette is 45x82.
Thanks, you have been mighty helpful.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:23 AM   #10

I have had motorhomes with both diesel and propane generators. Believe me, although they both work great, continually having to fill the propane tank is a real pain in the butte. Utilizing the diesel in the motorhome tank to run the generator is a much more tolerable situation. The propane generator will be quite a bit less money, however, over the long run, the extra money for the diesel gen set is money well spent!!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #11

Does anyone know how much stink non-catalytic/DPF diesel fuel gens emit. Sounds like an issue possibly. Oh, I'm talking about the ones who don't bother to exhaust it up to the roof, but rather send it at or near ground level.

I introduce this, because some portable gasoline gennys are CARB compliant, thus minimizing the stink exceptionally well. On the other hand diesel fuel gennys are not clean burning like the main engine equipped diesel MH.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #12

diesel VS propane generator

It was my understanding that the diesel generator would not run the larger AC.
We went with the 15K A/C and even that is "MARGINAL" at best in 100+ degrees in Arizona. We have been camping with full hookups but it is my understanding the big A/C will empty the propane tank in something less than 18 hours on generator on our 2015 Solera.
john.tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #13

I measured the dinnette in the W as I own one and wanted to have custom sheets made for it. It is 41" wide and 73 3/4" long. The cushions are approximately 4" deep.

It is not 45 x 82.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #14
Class C Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfritts View Post
I measured the dinnette in the W as I own one and wanted to have custom sheets made for it. It is 41" wide and 73 3/4" long. The cushions are approximately 4" deep.

It is not 45 x 82.
Thanks for the correction! I wasn't paying attention. Almost all of our U-dinettes are roughly the same size except for 3 floor plans this being one of them.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Does anyone know how much stink non-catalytic/DPF diesel fuel gens emit. Sounds like an issue possibly.
With the optional DP3200 I didn't notice any odors from ours during a one hour test run as part of our PDI. The exhaust exits just past the rear bumper.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:19 PM   #16

We have a 2016 2401R with theater seating. Depending on your needs you may want to consider this option. The view of the TV is excellent!
Roundtown is offline   Reply With Quote