Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2016, 04:32 PM   #41

Hi Loefferf!

Great news on getting the new "baby" home! From my reading of all the posts on this thread, it looks like all is sorted out and hopefully you are on a path to plenty of good times ahead! Keep us posted, maybe with the "RANT" forgotten as you go forward.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-07-2016, 05:17 PM   #42
Commercial Member

No. I was actually referring to the QC on the Airflexx. When we first started buying them, we had no issues. Eventually the threaded portion was sometimes too deep, or center pin too short. In any event an air chuck would not press it enough to engage the OEM air stem. Some guys shaved off the tip and it worked. Most just bought they were bad.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:15 AM   #43

I shaved mine and they work fine, thanks to forum members sharing their knowledge and experience here.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:50 AM   #44

yes Rkloud9 I try to put my Rant behind me. So far I really like the unit - what a great floorplan! Right now we are cleaning and getting ready for a shakedown cruise; working on a few imperfection (nothing major just things to be expected). Installed all the accessories like toilet paper holder, another towel bar, Vent covers and swivel arms with a quick disconnect for the TV (I ordered without TV), seat covers (we have a little doggy), changed to key less knob on the sewer door, added hanging organizer in the bathroom and dinette area, made the windows at the dinette to open wider like I did on my Solera..
I do not like the new valve extenders at all. Impossible to check the tire pressure of the outside wheel - so for now I just leave the hub caps off and at a later date I will get the Airflexx again - I loved them on my Solera and after shaving off a bit with a razor blade they worked great. Brian, any hint where to get them? Maybe FR parts?
Was a bit concerned about storage - but there is plenty of it. FR did a perfect job adding storage outside wherever they could on multiple locations!
There is a second TV plug (without that little booster knob) above the Jensen radio - what is that for? If I plug in the TV to this one no reception...
Not really familiar yet with all the changes since 2013....like the many USB outlets, the menu function an the speedometer has changed (DEF Gauge, shows speed set on cruise control) and many more features.
I hope my rear view monitor stays up - had to reglue it twice now after they changed the front windshield!
And last not least - I am really happy with the dealership I bought from - they are great, from the boss to salesman to service guys!
Hans
Entegra 27A Oct 2021 - ?
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:57 AM   #45

I found the Airflexx extenders online when I needed one. Think it was Myers Tires. They seem to be the only distributer.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:55 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
I found the Airflexx extenders online when I needed one. Think it was Myers Tires. They seem to be the only distributer.
Couple questions for you -
1) What length Air-Flexx did you get for the inner tires and the outer tires - (2) longer, and (4) shorter.

2) It appears they just screw-on to the existing rubber valve stems ?

3) You don't have to secure them to the hubcap ?

4) Cost ?

Thanks a ton for your help - there may be a lot of us buying Air-Flexx.
nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:45 AM   #47

I found the information I needed the Air-Flexx from Myers Tires

There is actually a distribution center and store 4 miles from where I work according to their website.
They appear to be about the only place to buy the Air-Flexx.

Myers#
22304 Air Flexx Extension, 7-1/4" $8.99
22300 Air Flexx Extension, 2-15/16" $8.99

You will have around $62-$65 for 6 extensions shipped to your door.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:51 AM   #48

Clearly the start up mods you performed come from "on the road" experience... I am curious about the keyless knob for the sewer access panel... Where did you get it? It seems odd that that thing locks, using a unique key. Like anyone would tamper with that? Like we need another key to keep track of?

Also, how much wider can you open the dinette windows? What is your secret there?

I share your happiness over having a good dealer. Ours was also excellent (Barrington Motors in Bartlett, IL.)

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-08-2016, 10:19 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
Couple questions for you -
1) What length Air-Flexx did you get for the inner tires and the outer tires - (2) longer, and (4) shorter.

2) It appears they just screw-on to the existing rubber valve stems ?

3) You don't have to secure them to the hubcap ?

4) Cost ?

Thanks a ton for your help - there may be a lot of us buying Air-Flexx.
Here is a link to the supplier I used.
https://shop.myerstiresupply.com/ERP...Text=air-flexx

If I recall correctly they were $25.00 a pair. Long = 145 mm (5.7 in) short = 75 mm (2.9 in)

A word of caution: THEY SHOULD NOT BE PLACED ON RUBBER VALVE STEMS imho. With rubber stems you would need to trim one end of the extension so the inside pin could open the valve core. If you place them on metal stems it is not a problem. If you plan on using external TPMS sensors you should have all metal stems.

The other issues is; on rubber valve stems you do not get the rigidity needed when trying to inflate your tires.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:26 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
Here is a link to the supplier I used.
https://shop.myerstiresupply.com/ERP...Text=air-flexx

If I recall correctly they were $25.00 a pair. Long = 145 mm (5.7 in) short = 75 mm (2.9 in)

A word of caution: THEY SHOULD NOT BE PLACED ON RUBBER VALVE STEMS imho. With rubber stems you would need to trim one end of the extension so the inside pin could open the valve core. If you place them on metal stems it is not a problem. If you plan on using external TPMS sensors you should have all metal stems.

The other issues is; on rubber valve stems you do not get the rigidity needed when trying to inflate your tires.
Thanks ! I'll have to find someone who can change all 6 tires valve stems. Sounds like it will be expensive...
Old 08-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #51

Rkloud9, window secret with pictures right here, it was my Solera but exactly the same procedure: (Post 67)
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-50915-7.html

The lock I found in a Marine supply shop, drop in replacement. I do not need another key for sure!
And I found it here:
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44333-T...BNBNM257BQ5MN3
Hans
Entegra 27A Oct 2021 - ?
Old 08-08-2016, 02:14 PM   #52
2012 Solera

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
Thanks ! I'll have to find someone who can change all 6 tires valve stems. Sounds like it will be expensive...
My 2012 came with the AirFlexx extensions. I also had to trim the ones on the outer dual tires so the valves would actuate with normal tire guage and fill chucks.
Of note, FR used a 135 degree metal extension on the outer duals to "point" the tire fill towards the outside, then added the AirFlexx extension. The 135 degree metal extensions are normal, aired extensions (the AirFlexx are airless extensions).
As noted above, I have tied the extensions to the wheel covers and the wheel covers to the wheels with wire ties. I do not like the extensions - particularly the ones with the metal 135 degree "U turn" added extensions- whipping around as I drive.
I used the above with the rubber "high pressure " (with a metal core) valve stems until I replaced the tires and found a place that had metal stems that would fit the Mercedes rims. I did not have any valve problems with the OEM tires. Not easy to find bolt-in metal stems that fit - the rims on our 2012 are too tight on the inside for the locking nut to fit and be properly tightened with most metal bolt-in valve stems.
I did have two of the rubber snap-in valves fail on my second set of tires, but not from the extensions- per the tire shops that replaced them, both were damaged on installation. Both failed "gracefully " - I measured slightly low pressure before driving. I lost confidence and sought out metal bolt-ins.
FYI, Jim
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:54 PM   #53

Added 1 1/4 valve extensions to (I guess) inner duals - now I can check pressure! Zip-tied all hub caps.
Added screen door handle - once installed its hard to believe doing it without, that one is a must have..
Entegra 27A Oct 2021 - ?