Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2018, 10:53 PM   #1

Rear view camera issue

Having issue with cloudy picture at night on rear view in MBS 2401R. Want to replace the RVS 770 camera with a new one. Looking for info from anyone that have taken the old one out and replaced it with the same. From what I can tell there is a nut at the rear of the camera with the cable attached to it. My question is do I just unscrew and withdraw the cable, is it attached to anything on the inside or does it just come out?
WILLMCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #2

There have been a couple of threads on replacement of the camera.

When I replaced mine, I pulled the cable out as much as I could, but never found a connector. So I ended up splicing the wires from the new camera into the old cable and stuffing it all back inside the fiberglass.

But look for the threads, either in this forum or in the Solera forum. I think it may be possible to get access to the camera's cable run by removing the angled trim piece on the inside of the RV. Maybe.

In any case, I think the original installation does have a connector on the camera which plugs into a connector in the back wall of the RV. And that would be the way to go if you can actually get at the connector.

Dave
Old 01-20-2018, 09:30 AM   #3

Here's a link to a (long) thread in the MBS forum which includes a description of the problems I had and how I ended up installing a new camera:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ra-100428.html
I eventually got around to installing the new camera by taking it (and the original camera) apart and transferring the cable wires from the old camera to the new one.

I still think there may have been discussion of getting at the connection inside the rear cap, which would be cleaner and easier) but I didn't find that while searching around.

Dave
Old 01-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #4

I had a defective camera , replaced under warranty. They had to partially take the inside rear wall off - just peeled off the top and then they could reach the connector. The wall itself was stapled back into place.....
Entegra 27A Oct 2021 - ?
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:24 AM   #5

Inside the camera is one muli wire connecter and one soldered wire. Removing the nut around the cable might allow you to get the connect out through the back. Unsoldering the single wire takes care of that. I did the cut and splice routine soldering the wires together, spacing the connections 1/2 in from each other and covering with heat shrink.