Old 05-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #11
vfp

Thanks

Old 05-02-2016, 09:08 AM   #12

Slide Recall DIY

It is a long trip back to the dealer to get this mod taken care of. Does anyone know if this nylon block is already in place and only needs to have a screw inserted. If so, it seems like an easy fix without having to suffer the long wait time at the dealer. Also, the recall notice doesn't indicate what the mod accomplishes--perhaps, stabilizing or reinforcing the motor mount??

Old 05-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #13
Class C Representative

Recalls are issued when it is determined that a certain type of vehicle has a defect that might pose a safety risk to the occupants of the vehicle or others on the road.
Technical Service bulletins, like this one, are posted when there is a particular issue happening again and again whether it's related to safety or not. This will help the technician identify the issue and fix it quickly.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #14

Recall Questions

I guess I wasn't clear with my question about this recall. I have the material and know how to perform this mod without having to make a long trip back to the dealer and endure a long wait time. The recall notice is not clear and refers back to step 4 which was not included in the mailing. I understand what recalls are for and how they are intended to work, however, I have a planned trip and I am reluctant to subject my plans to the delays I would expect at the dealer's shop. I was hoping that someone who had discovered some of the details of this fix might be able to clarify those issues not clearly defined in the material that was recently mailed. Perhaps, you can answer these questions. Will FR furnish me the kit, or must it go through the dealer? If not, is there a technical person at FR that will give me the dimensions of the nylon block and define the placement of the block in better detail. or mail me the first page of the recall/mod mailing?
Old 05-02-2016, 11:07 AM   #15
Class C Representative

This is not a recall; it is a technical service bulletin. That's what I was clarifying.

Service will be able to give you better instructions upon where to go and what to do.

574-206-7600
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #16

Clarification on Tech Bulletin

Thanks Josh for the telephone number at FR Services. I was please to learn that my 2016 Sunseeker 2400WS does not fall under this Tech Bulletin. My unit is more than 1000 numbers pass those affected. The FR tech guy told me a few facts that might be of interest to those following this thread. He said the mod was to repair a drive motor shaft that was dropping down and the nylon block would support/block the shaft in position and cause a positive engagement of the drive gears. He went on to say that the kits for the modifications were not on hand and dealers would not have them on hand. Additionally. he stated that Corporate (FR) tended to shoot with a scatter gun on these types of Technical Bulletins and he could not explain why my unit had been included in the mailing.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #17

Good info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Recalls are issued when it is determined that a certain type of vehicle has a defect that might pose a safety risk to the occupants of the vehicle or others on the road.
Technical Service bulletins, like this one, are posted when there is a particular issue happening again and again whether it's related to safety or not. This will help the technician identify the issue and fix it quickly.
Good clarification on the difference between a TSB and a recall.

When can we expect a TSB on the Curt taillight controller?
Old 05-03-2016, 04:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
Good clarification on the difference between a TSB and a recall.

When can we expect a TSB on the Curt taillight controller?

I actually think that would be a recall. Driving without tail lights or running lights, or with brake or turn signal lights malfunctioning would be clear safety issues to the occupants and following traffic.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 05-03-2016, 07:49 PM   #19

Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
I actually think that would be a recall. Driving without tail lights or running lights, or with brake or turn signal lights malfunctioning would be clear safety issues to the occupants and following traffic.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
So when can we expect the recall notice?
Old 05-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #20

I just called FR and found out that I missed the TSB by 50 units. Mine was built in November 2015. When you call, they want the last 7 digits of your assigned FR vin number on your driver side door.

Tags
recall, slide