Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #1

Recommendations for leveling

I have a 2017 Prism 2015LE. It was not equipped with any stabilization capability. What would you recommend? We are both new to this RV stuff.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #2
2012 Solera

Links levelers - I have found that three sets have taken care of essentially all of my leveling needs:
https://www.amazon.com/Tri-Lynx-0001...eveling+blocks
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:53 PM   #3

I vote for Anderson Levelers, so easy and fast. A definite best buy for us!

MoCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
Links levelers - I have found that three sets have taken care of essentially all of my leveling needs:
https://www.amazon.com/Tri-Lynx-0001...eveling+blocks
I have this type also but rarely use them because, fortunately, most sites are level enough for my needs.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:28 AM   #5

"fortunately, most sites are level enough for my needs."

The trick is how to easily find the level spot.

Our method is to install a bullseye level on the fridge evaporator and when the fridge is level , move the level to someplace on the dash where it can easily be seen.

Shim it at that location till it shows level, as the fridge does.

Now when you pull in slowly watching the dash level will show the flat spots.

Sometimes you will need to pull out and go over a few feet to find perfection.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:07 AM   #6

Quote:
It was not equipped with any stabilization capability.
I AM READING stabilization capability

Do you mean there is no means to keep your trailer from rocking on the tires when you move about the camper?

Look these up on amazon...
Attached Images

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgumz View Post
... What would you recommend? ...

IMO the most useful tool for leveling is a level, ... I've determined that my 8' dumper is square with the trailer and can be my standard, ... when I'm parked where I want to be on the site, first thing I do is take my 2' level and 1/4" blocks to the bumper(on 8' bumper, using 2' level, each 1/4" block = 1" off level), ... and find out how far off level I am, ... once I know that, I've eliminated the need for trial and error and guessing, ... no matter what system you use for raising the low side(wood blocks, plastic blocks, Andersen Leveler, Play-Doh, ect.), knowing how much to raise, you just stack that amount, drive on it and you're level, first time every time, ... Using the Andersen Leveler(which I do) did require a little more preparation, I had to find out how much distance forward it takes to crawl up on the Andersen to get 1", 2", 3", ect., ... knowing that distance, I lay a yard stick on the ground at my drivers door and go forward the distance to get the correct height needed to level, ... works first time, every time, no guessing, ... yep, I figure a level should be the first tool used when leveling your camper, it is for me and this system works great, ... did I say, NO trial and error and NO guessing, ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0768.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	179783   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0769.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	179784   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0764.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	179785  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #8

The best in my opinion is 4 point hydraulic levelers. They will level your motorhome with the touch of a button and it will be rock solid while moving around inside. The downside, they are expensive and they add a fair amount of weight. Bigfoot and Equalizer Systems are a couple of examples.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:08 AM   #9

Beware of BigFoot

We purchased the Quadra Manufacturing four point leveling system about a year ago. The system works quite well.

However, I found out last week that the installation of a crossbar brace between the two rear cylinders prevents removal of the spare tire. Quadra did not mention this when we had the system installed at their factory. I found out the hard way when I had a flat tire and needed the spare.

I'm sure once you remove the cross brace, you can get to the spare. You shouldn't have to remove the brace, though. In the future, I'm going to have to carry additional tools to remove the brace or redesign it. I doubt any of the roadside assistance companies are going to be willing to remove the brace for you.

Quadra tech support was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing and not at all apologetic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3061.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	179943  
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
I AM READING stabilization capability .....

Yeah, it would be helpful if the OP re-visited his thread and clarified this, ... his title is about leveling, but his comment and question is about stabilizing? ... we're trying to help, but we all may be going in the wrong direction, ...

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:58 PM   #11

Being the dumb nubee, I was actually asking about both. And I have gotten lots of good help for both and am much obliged!
Old 07-18-2018, 01:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgumz View Post
Being the dumb nubee, I was actually asking about both. And I have gotten lots of good help for both and am much obliged!
For leveling, we use the Tri-Lynx levelers as well as the Tri-Lynx wheel stop/chocks. That way since I don't have help, I can level without falling off the back or the front of the levelers.

For stabilization, we just live with a bit of motion. The rig really won't let us add much more weight.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:11 AM   #13

The free bubble app on my phone works great for leveling.

As for the rocking, I'm too old for that kind of stuff.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #14
oreddie

I use the Levelmate Pro system and Lynx levelers on my 2401WS. I still struggle with leveling tho, due to the weight of the full slide but the combo makes it somewhat easier.

Tags
leveling