Old 08-11-2016, 12:43 PM   #21
2012 Solera
Your first picture confirms the GVWR of 11030 lbs. Your second picture is interesting - as best I can read it, shows unloaded vehicle weight of 8396 lbs and maximum cargo capacity of 1634 lbs. Total, if I read thes numbers correctly, is just 10030 lbs - but it also says a full load of water is zero lbs. Implies water is accounted for in the 1000 lbs of reduced cargo capacity, possibly? One thousand pounds is alot of water. Sounds like other things might also be accounted for in the allowed maximum cargo capacity.
The pictures you supplied do not show Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR), the key to answering your question. Assuming your year Sprinter 3500 is rated the same as mine, my previous post - #16 above - is my best answer. If your fully loaded weight with tow hitch tongue weight is below GVWR of 11030 lbs, any excess can be added to the allowed towed vehicle weight of 4220, as I understand. Note - need to ensure your hitch is rated at or above the towed vehicle weight (including tow equipment).

2012 Solera "S"
Calif SF Bay Area
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #22
Not at all

GA Boy, it is quite alright. It's sort of like sitting around a campfire with a bunch of people and the conversation simply flows from one thing to another. I like it.

Jerry Robillard
2016 FR Forester 2401 R (2015 MBS)
UltraGuage Blue - love it!
Aspenmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #23
Katana Pilot, I too am a private pilot. I would not fly any aircraft without balance and weights, but road-bound vehicles come with certain assumptions. If they seat five, they will take all their luggage. My RAM 1500 is a given at a half ton load, but never think about having a couple of fatties in the front, so it seems to me that if a road vehicle can sleep six people, then it goes without saying that Mom, Dad and the kids can all bring their toys and be able to sit and eat outdoors with everything that is required to make that happen - for at least two days and nights.

I was totally caught off guard by this restriction. We really like the unit, but it looks like we can do that in our Subaru Outback bringing a tent. Or, maybe we can't because I have never thought to look at its GVWR.
Jerry Robillard
2016 FR Forester 2401 R (2015 MBS)
UltraGuage Blue - love it!
Aspenmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #24
As far as the interior wall mirror is concerned:
We use it. The placement of the mirror makes TV watching in the RV easier.
Whoever sits in the rear facing dinette seat uses it to watch the TV which is mounted behind them. No rubbernecking. Now, if you have a couch instead of a dinette, it's another story, but I'm pretty sure that's why the mirror is there.
Mark, Susan and Barney the SheltiePoo
2014 Solera 24R
Wrangler Toad with NSA Ready Brake
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:26 AM   #25
Just my 2 cents, but mirrors are cool they reflect small spaces giving you impression they are larger than they actually are, like having small chairs in a big room, makes you think the room is bigger than it actually is.

Comfort starts with optics.
BALLZITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:22 PM   #26
We couldn't get the mirror off without doing damage to the wall. So we covered it with a canvas framed photograph from a recent trip printed for us very reasonably by Costco. The wood frame of the picture fits over and around the mirror and its plastic screw mounts. Well, to clarify . . . it fits after two hours of adjustments to the wood frame using a Dremel tool. Some cut-outs and notches were required.

Having said that, be warned that mounting anything on that wall is tricky. It's very thin and also quite floppy. We used 'Velcro' type Command strips, but the mounting is not easy because you can't get the wall to stay flat enough to attach all of the strips (we used six to prevent falling during travel). One pops on, another one pops out. But we did get it mounted after many, many efforts to get it to fit and attach.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 29; RV to date: 32

2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote