Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #1

Removing round LED light lens in MBS

My 2016 has the round recessed LED lights. The lens in the ones above the bathroom sink are dirty. Are these removable?
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:23 PM   #2

Yes, the lens is a 1/8 turn into metal cylinder frame. Never easy, I've resorted to a narrow rubber strap wrench to help. Do not pry they break easy.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:36 PM   #3

Thanks. Came off fairly easy. Lots of wood particles in them from construction.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #4

I have taken my bathroom ones off about 3 times thinking it was bugs it was construction particles each time. It's time to do it again.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-16-2016, 07:48 PM   #5

Thanks for the info... Mine have sawdust as well, and I have only toyed with the lens, not wanting to break it.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-16-2016, 08:46 PM   #6

Some of the metal holders that the glass lens turns and locks into are more difficult than others to remove. The metal base has metal tabs that hold it up into the round hole cut during build. There are two ways I have been sucessful in removing the glass lens.

1. Gently pry the light fixture out of the ceiling, being careful not to destroy the metal tabs that are designed to lock it up into the hole. Then you can grasp the metal base a little better and counter clockwise detach it.
2. Some however, give you a feel that they will break if you try and pull them down that far. So, for those pesky fixtures, I bought a cheap pair of needle nose pliers, heated them cherry red in a vise and "adjusted" the pliers in such a way to be able to grasp the outer part of the flat metal base edge, giving me the needed leverage on the base, allowing me to spin the glass lens off. Works like a champ.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #7

anyone managed to remove the speaker covers without any damage

I still haven't figured out how to remove the speaker covers without damaging them. Anyone else tried and been lucky? If so, what's the trick?
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
I still haven't figured out how to remove the speaker covers without damaging them. Anyone else tried and been lucky? If so, what's the trick?

My speaker covers are thin sheet metal fit over a base of similar metal similar to an old shoe polish tin. Held in place with shaped lugs. Carefully pry off with a wide wood spatula or wide putty blade. Object is to lift cover edge in numerous places, it will pop. Operative word is thin not easy to catch.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:38 PM   #9

I've founded so much saw dusts, cut out, wires and lot of other things. I don't know about any other brands of RV's because this my first time owning RV. These workers at Forest River are ( bad words). What kind of qualities are they doing? They don't know how to use vacuum. I'm an aerospace worker, what Forest river workers did their jobs are not acceptable. Too late I owned it just have fun than. I know my friends will not own if I have anything to say about it
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:08 AM   #10

It's not a Boeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
I've founded so much saw dusts, cut out, wires and lot of other things. I don't know about any other brands of RV's because this my first time owning RV. These workers at Forest River are ( bad words). What kind of qualities are they doing? They don't know how to use vacuum. I'm an aerospace worker, what Forest river workers did their jobs are not acceptable. Too late I owned it just have fun than. I know my friends will not own if I have anything to say about it
I'm with you. I fly a Boeing for my day job and I'm really glad they are built in Renton, Everett and Charleston (SC) and not Elkhart.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:20 PM   #11

others too

I had a Gulfstream Vista Mini on 5-cyl Sprinter

after some eight years was still dropping sawdust on the dinette seat

traded for my 2014 F.R. 24S

also found nuts, bolts, snipped wires, nails, random "doughnut holes", etc.
in both the Mini and the 24S especially under drawers
Old 09-01-2016, 11:38 PM   #12
Sunseeker 2400MBW

I was very upset to read the cut out for the toilet is found in black tanks. After they won't drain properly. I really want to get a fiberoptic camera system but my husband thinks that's overdoing it. I actually want to look in there! Before we use it very often.
My husband took the dinette all apart because there was a bolt sticking out underneath and irritating the slide seal. That area was full of construction trash. I wonder if Airstreams are like that.

Tags
led, light