Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2019, 10:26 PM   #1

Replacing dinette w/recliner 2015 Solera

I just bought a 2015 FR Solera 24S. It has a dinette in the slide that I would like to remove and put in an oversized chair or small loveseat that reclines. Should I be concerned about a change in weight from the dinette to the loveseat bc it’s in the slide?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for making the bed look neater since I don’t seem able to “make” the bed?

Thanks!
Petdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #2

I have the 24S also. I don’t have an answer for the dinette other than I agree; recliners would be alot more comfortable. As for that tricky corner bed; I just put a nice comforter on it and some decorative throw pillows on top.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:57 PM   #3
2012 Solera

We “modified “ the dinette by replacing the back cushions with 1/4 inch plywood cut to shape and covered with thin carpeting on the seat side. Velcro on the back to hold in place. Found the added room in the dinette seats allowed use of large pillows against the wall for lounging; the carpeted backs are fine for sitting at the table for eating, playing cards, etc.

We added a 4” foam topper to the mattress and put the mattress plus the topper in a futon cover. We use double, zipped together sleeping bags on top of the mattress/topper assembly.
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:59 AM   #4

Thank you both for your input. I like the idea of using a zippered “bag” on the mattress. I’ve also seen the sheets where the bottom sheet is like a regular one, but the top of it zips on, so when washing the sheets, it’s easy to unzip and put back on. The kicker is they cost around $75/set from what I’ve seen.

Still debating dinette vs recliner, but I think the recliner will win: my little dogs like to sit with me in the evening, and doing so on the dinette bench just isn’t quite the same.

Thanks again!

Deanna
Old 10-29-2019, 05:47 PM   #5

Recliner for dinette

My recliner swap involved a butt numbing sofa, that when removed from the slide I was still faced with about ten inches of difference between the floor and the platform the sofa was on. GF said go for it and I didn't need any encouragement. I lost my side storage, just another tub in the truck. The window is partially blocked but that just means my fellow campers don't see me in my drawers if I forget to close the blinds. All that said, if you can find a way, go with a recliner, you'll love it and the pup will adapt. You also won't have any money left for sheets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	REcPro Euro Recliners.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	218314  
hthavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:47 AM   #6

Smile

Good point about the sheets! One of my neighbors happens to have an oversized recliner for sale. The hubby part of that duo is reupholstering the driver’s seat of my Solera, and we think that while the seat is removed, moving the recliner in through the driver’s side door may be the best option, as we haven’t check to see if the back of the recliner is removable.

I’m hoping the removal of the dinette doesn’t reveal any surprises. It looks fairly straight forward. We’ll see.....
Old 05-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #7

Update on Loveseat

We ordered a reclining loveseat from RecPro and finally installed it today. We really like it.

Taking out the dinette was fairly easy, and we stored all the components, just in case we ever sold this RV and the buyer wanted a dinette.

The recliners hook together and are comfortable and plush. They fit just fine on the slide out floor, and we ran the slide in and out a few times to see how it worked with a little more weight. All seemed normal. There’s enough space on one end of the loveseat for a 10” end table.

All in all, a great experience with RecPro. Highly recommend.

Deanna
Old 05-09-2020, 07:28 AM   #8

I'm looking to replace my jack knife sofa with a jack knife sofa... There is a split in the centre seam and Williamsburg mfg no longer stocks the material to recover it. So if you've taken a sofa out and it's in good condition let me know. Our furniture is light tan. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2432.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	228678
backdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera