Old 04-21-2016, 06:00 PM   #11

So can he service our sprinter (i.e. oil change) while it's under warranty without voiding the warranty? I presume not, but figured I'd ask.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:17 PM   #12

Despite what RV/Auto dealers want, you DO NOT need to have your warranty vehicle serviced by them (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975). You can even do it yourself. What you do need to do is insure you use the fluids recommended in the owners manual and do your servicing within the intervals listed. I recommend you keep your receipts in case their is a questions.

Of course, warranty work must be done at an authorized dealer but typically warranty work does not include servicing.

This is from the Federal Trade Commission (it states car but the same applies to RVs):

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance

Old 04-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacamastraveler View Post
Despite what RV/Auto dealers want, you DO NOT need to have your warranty vehicle serviced by them (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975). You can even do it yourself. What you do need to do is insure you use the fluids recommended in the owners manual and do your servicing within the intervals listed. I recommend you keep your receipts in case their is a questions.

Of course, warranty work must be done at an authorized dealer but typically warranty work does not include servicing.

This is from the Federal Trade Commission (it states car but the same applies to RVs):

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance
Very informative, thank you!
Old 05-04-2016, 11:42 AM   #14

I have a service appointment next week at German Mastertech in the north end of Ben. They were recommended by a service manager friend of mine. I'll make sure to update how it goes.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylys View Post
I have a service appointment next week at German Mastertech in the north end of Ben. They were recommended by a service manager friend of mine. I'll make sure to update how it goes.
Super, thanks! I look forward to the update. I've heard positive things about them.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #16

I'm the one whose engine was blown by an incompetent service tech( and they said the guy was their best tech!) Their insurance paid for it, cost them over $20,000. Including starter that had to be replaced also. I was in Bend last fall with my new engine. Service engine light was staying on. I called all around Bend, no go, and then had to cut over to Eugene MBZ out of my way. Fortunately, no problems with engine, the people who put new engine in forgot to set back the computer. Oh, and they backed up my rig on their tight lot and bent up my three day new bicycle on the bike rack. I get all the bad luck!!
Old 05-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #17

Had my oil service done at German Mastertech this week. Everything went well and it didn't take too long, maybe 90 minutes or so. I only have about 5900 miles on the Solera, and everything looked good. Unless something really unfortunate happens next trip out, I will definitely go to them again.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:10 PM   #18

Cost?

What did that service cost?
Old 06-04-2016, 03:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenmeadow View Post
What did that service cost?

It was $295, which is about what we expected after researching.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:34 PM   #20

Oil change for $295? Yike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What type of oil and filter is that?

raptor is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
service