Old 09-05-2016, 01:40 PM   #11

After contacting Forest River, Jensen and ASA Electronics, the only option for getting SiriusXM from the VX7020 multimedia receiver to the JWM6A entertainment system is to run output audio wires from the receiver to the entertainment system. There currently is no wireless capability between these units. Forest River should have know this and installed audio wires when the RV was manufactured.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:47 PM   #12

After contacting Forest River, Jensen and ASA Electronics, the only option for getting SiriusXM from the VX7020 multimedia receiver to the JWM6A entertainment system is to run output audio wires from the receiver to the entertainment system. There currently is no wireless capability between these units. Forest River should have know this and installed audio wires when the RV was manufactured.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #13

Just get the option to be able from Sirius to have the app on your cellphone, then Bluetooth Sirius to your head unit, problem solved, sound quality 100 times better too since Sirius digital compression far less from Sirius to your phone. You won't believe how much better the sound vs having it go from Sirius satellite to a head unit that receives 140 channels at once. Your cell only receives 1 channel at a time, that includes left and right.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #14

Yes, I have noticed better sound quality with satellite "on line". Problem is, you have to pay for the cellular data, which ain't cheap.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #15

Damn monopolies!

Like our Nova Scotia friend, I too have the Onyx receiver that I take out of my home when going in the MBS. I don't like that I have to take it from my truck to the house, then to the motor home, but then I don't think the SiriusXM should extract $15 a month for every vehicle I own. My wife's Subaru uses the built-in receiver, so we pay for two services. If I had the service in our home and in all vehicles, I would pay them $60 a moth. That's outrageous. But, it is a monopoly. I never understood how our government allowed the merger Sirius and XM to become the only satellite system. If you live in the West, there is no choice but to buy the Onyx receiver and the radio kit because there is no radio reception in the Cascades or Sierras.

We use it, not for music only, but to keep up with the news. The insult is that we still have to listen to advertising just as we did when the radio signals came from antennas that that were supported by advertisers.
Aspenmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenmeadow View Post
Like our Nova Scotia friend, I too have the Onyx receiver that I take out of my home when going in the MBS. I don't like that I have to take it from my truck to the house, then to the motor home, but then I don't think the SiriusXM should extract $15 a month for every vehicle I own. My wife's Subaru uses the built-in receiver, so we pay for two services. If I had the service in our home and in all vehicles, I would pay them $60 a moth. That's outrageous. But, it is a monopoly. I never understood how our government allowed the merger Sirius and XM to become the only satellite system. If you live in the West, there is no choice but to buy the Onyx receiver and the radio kit because there is no radio reception in the Cascades or Sierras.

We use it, not for music only, but to keep up with the news. The insult is that we still have to listen to advertising just as we did when the radio signals came from antennas that that were supported by advertisers.
I only pay for one radio signal.......Just move it from station to station...J
Old 09-06-2016, 04:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
I only pay for one radio signal.......Just move it from station to station...J
Hi Jim in Halifax. I do the same as you with one receiver. I just move it between truck and trailer as I am never home long enough to bother listening to it there.

DG, DH
Tally the Greyhound and Itty the Chihuahua
rockin'ray is offline   Reply With Quote