Old 08-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #1

Spanner CODES?

Does anyone have a file or published list of all the Sprinter maintenance codes that could pop up? On my 2011 Solera 24S with the Mercedes 3.0 V6 OM642 engine indicator when warming up the glo-plugs I notice a "79d" code with wrench on the left side of the display. It has now changed to 80d after moving the RV a mere mile so must be a mileage thing based on...? Oil changes possibly? I do all my own filter and oil changes and only have 400 miles on the current oil. Just had it in the shop this Spring with an engine light indicator which turned out to be a costly diagnostic(by Freightliner) and having both O2 sensors and 1 glo-plug changed. Not fun! Otherwise she always runs like a champ!

Wondering if the Sprinter Tech forgot to reset the oil change indicator? If anybody has insight into this from previous experience it would be greatly appreciated and ALSO direction on where to obtain a complete list of all these(TO BE FORE WARNED IS TO BE FORE ARMED!)? Wonder if an auto Mercedes dealer would have a list?

Please help, and thank you!

PixelBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:05 PM   #2

Tech forgot to reset maintenance indicator. Showing you have exceeded a required service by 80 days. You can do the reset yourself. YouTube has several videos on how to do the reset. Here is a link to one of the procedure videos.

Old 08-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #3

Spanner Code...

THANKS Mike! We've talked before and you saved me again! What I was suspecting re the forgotten "reset" worked and now the worry is over! Cheers my friend(you were in the USAF too, if I remember, from one of our previous discussions?). -PB
PixelBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelBum View Post
THANKS Mike! We've talked before and you saved me again! What I was suspecting re the forgotten "reset" worked and now the worry is over! Cheers my friend(you were in the USAF too, if I remember, from one of our previous discussions?). -PB
Actually I retired from the US Navy in 1988. Happy things worked for you. Some of that pesky MB stuff can be a little daunting due to the lack of info. in their manuals.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #5

This doesn’t work on my 2013 sprinter. Anyone know of another way to reset maintenance reminder on it?
2blueranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #6

Is your instrument panel the same as the video?
Old 08-27-2019, 03:49 PM   #7

I just did this on my 2016. Assuming you don't have the steering wheel buttons.

Ignition on in position 2. Let the light flash until done.

Press and hold the O button until you hear a beep.

Press the M button until you get to reset 51.

From there on mine, I pushed the O button and got the 2 which I think refers to the oil (51 = 229.51 and the 2 refers to 229.52.) When I pushed the O button after the 2 appeared, it reset to 20k miles, the OCI for the 229.52 oil. Depending on your year it may reset to 10k or 15k.

Hope that helps.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:13 AM   #8

Thanks, I don't have the steering wheel buttons, but when I try the procedure I never get the first beep from holding the 0 down. Only have 9000 miles on it, but I changed the oil because of the time. I had to go to the dealer a few months back because of a rear wheel speed sensor going bad and the airbag recall. Now I'm getting a wrench 80 days past due indication.
2blueranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:15 AM   #9

It takes a good 20 seconds to get that beep. You must wait until after the warning lights check end (miles displayed on the odo) and then quickly hold down the button.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #10

Make sure the ignition is in the second position (all lights on then off) miles displayed. The beep can be difficult to hear. Watch the video again and follow exactly.