Old 06-25-2019, 08:30 AM   #1

Split folding mattress - where to buy?

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement split folding mattress? I have a Dynamax Isata 3FW that I am getting ready to list for sale and I would like to put a new mattress but cannot seem to find a place to buy one. Any ideas?

MIoutdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:49 AM   #2
Kasual Kamper

What size? It's my understanding that split mattresses are only available in king. Do you have a king in your Dynamax?

JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:18 AM   #3

It is a queen size mattress. I cant seem to find any factory type mattresses that fold in half. I have a foam mattress in there now but for resale I would prefer to put a factory type mattress back in.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:40 AM   #4

On the Dynamax subforum there is a sticky at the top of the page called 'supplier contact sheet'. There are two mattresses listed there. One from Lippert and one from Williamsburg Furniture
Old 06-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #5

If you still can't find it you might want to contact your service rep at the factory. Ours is Brandon Droptiny. He has always been quite helpful pointing me in the direction of a vendor I need. I am in CA. I don't know the name of the person who handles the east.
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:02 PM   #6

Tochta is a company that makes mattresses for RVs, including folding.

https://www.tochta.com/
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:48 PM   #7

Local?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIoutdoorsman View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement split folding mattress? I have a Dynamax Isata 3FW that I am getting ready to list for sale and I would like to put a new mattress but cannot seem to find a place to buy one. Any ideas?
Most local mattress makers will make custom mattresses. I don't know whether they can do the fold or not.

Maybe spend an hour and phone everyone on this list:
https://www.manta.com/mb_45_B420302V...pring/michigan

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:15 PM   #8

The Isata 3 has a RV Queen size also called a Queen Short that is 60x75. The issue as you can see from the picture the lower portion is thicker than the upper portion due to the slide riding over the stationary lower portion.

I think your best bet is calling Dynamax parts and see if you can order a replacement. I do think these are made by Denver Mattress and maybe supplied through Lippert (LCI).
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2019, 04:21 PM   #9

I just purchased a nice tri-fold memory foam mattress for our TT so that I could flip up the bottom end and gain easy access to the storage bin and put legless chairs on the storage lid for extra seating. Works great.

Just do an Amazon search for “folding mattress” and you’ll find a load of ideas!

Forest River 21DS
GMC Sierra 2018
trumpetmood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:03 PM   #10

Thanks for the ideas. I just ordered a really nice tri-fold mattress from Amazon. It should work out perfect.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:11 PM   #11

We ordered a queen size mattress made for our trailer at The Original Mattress factory. I don’t know if they are across th3 country or not. We ordered it at the Chesapeake, VA store. Took 1 week. They asked how far from the top we wanted it to hinge. Turned out wonderful.
Ncgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
The Isata 3 has a RV Queen size also called a Queen Short that is 60x75. The issue as you can see from the picture the lower portion is thicker than the upper portion due to the slide riding over the stationary lower portion.

I think your best bet is calling Dynamax parts and see if you can order a replacement. I do think these are made by Denver Mattress and maybe supplied through Lippert (LCI).
milkman55, do you have a problem with a gap where the matters halves fold. Mine seems to have a space of 4" or 5" and this causes a gap about where my hip is when I sleep. It seems that the fabric between the two halves is too wide. I'm planning on screwing a piece of trim board at the foot of the bed to hold the two halves together to eliminate the gap.
dr911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:35 PM   #13

I added a couple of brackets that hinge from the underneath side of the cover to hold the mattress tight up against the wall and then fold out of the way the not in use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6825.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	208269   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6827.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	208270  
Old 06-26-2019, 07:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr911 View Post
milkman55, do you have a problem with a gap where the matters halves fold.
We added a memory foam topper and then covered with both a mattress protector and fitted sheet with deep pockets which holds two mattress sections together.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr911 View Post
milkman55, do you have a problem with a gap where the matters halves fold. Mine seems to have a space of 4" or 5" and this causes a gap about where my hip is when I sleep. It seems that the fabric between the two halves is too wide. I'm planning on screwing a piece of trim board at the foot of the bed to hold the two halves together to eliminate the gap.
If you stop short of extending the wall fully by a few inches, the mattress gap will disappear.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc View Post
If you stop short of extending the wall fully by a few inches, the mattress gap will disappear.
Honestly, that wouldn't help in my situation. By not fully extending the wall the the stationary part of the platform that the thicker half of the mattress rests on would be shorter and that end of the mattress would overhang the platform more and the gap would still remain between the mattress halves. With the wall fully extended my mattress without anything holding it in place will overhang the platform by 1 1/2" if pushed up against the upper half of the mattress. If it's not pushed up against the upper half it will extend 5 1/2" past the stationary platform creating the dreaded gap between the two mattress halves. I stained a piece of 2x4 the length of the platform and screwed it flush with the top edge fo the platform and then I screwed a stained piece of 5 1/4" baseboard the same length to the 2x4, so it is an 1 1/4" higher than the 2x4. With the wall fully extended the mattress now fits snuggly between the baseboard and the other mattress half eliminating the gap.
dr911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:33 PM   #17

mattress replacement Isata 3

We had a custom made talalay latex split mattress made in Los Angeles. It is amazing, and we highly reccommend this company..The original mattress was so bad on our backs, even with pads...
2017 Isata 3 Dynamax.
Melvin Custom Mattress - Home
tell them Evan and Robin Reccom.
they do custom top of the line work nd do customs sheets, with small velcro straps that work perfectly!
evannesbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:12 AM   #18

Replacement mattress

I contacted Denver Mattress to find out if they made a better/higher quality mattress for our RV's with the 45/foldover queen beds. They do sell exact replacements all you have to do is get ahold of them at rv@denvermattress.com and they can help you replace the current mattress.

I was trying to get a more comfortable mattress. Perhaps one with a stiffer foundation with a softer top layer. (best of both worlds) I was told right now they've not heard from a lot of RVers looking to upgrade but as folks reach out to them and a "market" appears, all they make is the current mattress.

I haven't had any issues with the current mattress including sleeping on it for 2-1/2 months straight.... but who wouldn't want to upgrade if it were available?

Again current replacements are available at rv@denvermattress.com

Automatic_11 is offline   Reply With Quote