Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #1

Sprinter Brake Problem

I dropped off my 2015 Solera at Mercedes yesterday for the 10K service and voiced my concern regarding the "spongy" brake pedal. The service rep basically gave me the "Mercedes are different and that is normal" line. When I came back to P/U the Solera it was a whole different story that they found a new software upgrade that just came out for the problem, and that they were going to notify other concerned owners to bring their units in for the upgrade.
john.tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:39 PM   #2

Spongy brakes
After they got done with your MH are your brakes any better?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #3

This topic, spongy brake pedal on MB Sprinter chassis has been discussed in detail on this forum. You will find that it is a characteristic of the Sprinter.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:22 PM   #4

Spongy brake pedal

We just got back from a 200 mile round trip and I feel there was improvement. Still a bit spongy for me, but better.
john.tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:25 AM   #5

Dropped my 2400R off at the local MB dealership today to deal with a climate control issue and asked about the spongy brake issue. I don't experience this issue but I have read a lot of the related threads. The dealer in Grand Blanc, MI said they hear this complaint a lot on the Sprinter chassis that have been modified by an upfitter (be it Forest River or any other), and said they their experience is that it is considered normal. Just another data point for the conversation....

2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R + Diesel Gen
2014 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Flat Tow Equipment
SMI Stay-In-Play Brake Controller
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlakin View Post
Dropped my 2400R off at the local MB dealership today to deal with a climate control issue and asked about the spongy brake issue. I don't experience this issue but I have read a lot of the related threads. The dealer in Grand Blanc, MI said they hear this complaint a lot on the Sprinter chassis that have been modified by an upfitter (be it Forest River or any other), and said they their experience is that it is considered normal. Just another data point for the conversation....
The dealer in Grand Blanc is wrong. FR does not "modify" the chassis per directive of MB. What they might be missing is that the load capacity on the 3500 is at or near max weight specs by the upfitter (aka FR) in this discussion.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #7

Modified meaning added to, not changed. Your description is better wording than I used but that was what was meant.

2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R + Diesel Gen
2014 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Flat Tow Equipment
SMI Stay-In-Play Brake Controller
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes