Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #1

Sprinter Wheel balancing in Atlanta

I've been trying to locate a dealer or service center that has the proper Haweka adapter to balance Sprinter wheels. I purchased 6 Alcoa Durabright wheels for my Forester MBS and need to have them mounted and balanced.

The MB/Sprinter dealers either won't touch aftermarket wheels or they don't know if they have the Haweka adapter. The service centers that do RV wheel/tire work for the RV dealers don't have the adapter either but state "they never have any issues with balance".

Anyone found someone in the Atlanta metro area that has the equipment to mount and properly balance Sprinter wheels?
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:22 AM   #2

Might call All Parts/Haweka at 866-442-9352 and ask if they know a tire shop in the Atlanta area that uses a Haweka adapter. I believe they are a Haweka equipment distributor. Worth a try. Good luck.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc View Post
Might call All Parts/Haweka at 866-442-9352 and ask if they know a tire shop in the Atlanta area that uses a Haweka adapter. I believe they are a Haweka equipment distributor. Worth a try. Good luck.

Thanks, I have done that already. Since they are the importer, they sell to distributors, who sell to dealers. They have no idea who the kits are sold to.

If I don't find someone today, I'm going to buy a kit for myself. Then I can go to any tire dealer with an appropriate balancer. Just another "benefit" of RV ownership.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
2012 Solera 24S

I put tire beads in a couple of years ago and they seem to work great.

No balancing worries.
Nats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
I've been trying to locate a dealer or service center that has the proper Haweka adapter to balance Sprinter wheels. I purchased 6 Alcoa Durabright wheels for my Forester MBS and need to have them mounted and balanced.

The MB/Sprinter dealers either won't touch aftermarket wheels or they don't know if they have the Haweka adapter. The service centers that do RV wheel/tire work for the RV dealers don't have the adapter either but state "they never have any issues with balance".

Anyone found someone in the Atlanta metro area that has the equipment to mount and properly balance Sprinter wheels?
For what its worth...this was given to me by my Alcoa rep when we had them audit out local installer (Monteith Tire here in Elkhart).

I'm not sure I would call the Haweka rep as I don't know him and I think he was just passing this info on.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TMC-RP-222B.pdf (1.05 MB, 95 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:57 PM   #6
Site Team

Try Contractor Tire in Marietta on Highway 41. They are just north of Three Way Campers and do very good work. I had them mount 1 piece DuallyValves and do a balance on our MBS stock wheels.

Here is their Website.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:54 AM   #7

For the fronts , the Alcoa suggestion

"Dynamic Balancing Best Practice"

might be easy to find.

These give a really smooth ride as all the items bolted to the wheel are balanced.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:54 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post

If I don't find someone today, I'm going to buy a kit for myself. Then I can go to any tire dealer with an appropriate balancer. Just another "benefit" of RV ownership.
These things aren't cheap.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:03 AM   #9

I had the aluminum wheels on my Isata 3 balanced at my local tire shop. They have a separate building for the truck side of things and sent me over there. They didn't use any special adapters. Just put the wheels on their machine like any other wheel. It drives smooth as silk now. I have Hispec brand wheels not Alcoa, but not sure how that would make a difference.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #10

Thanks for the replies.

I agree, the proper and repeatable way of balancing these wheels is with the Haweka adapter. Using a tapered cone will not lead to accurate balance, although you might get lucky and get it right.

The adapters are expensive, but so are the wheels.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #11
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nats View Post
I put tire beads in a couple of years ago and they seem to work great.

No balancing worries.
X2
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wheel