Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 620
Sprinter Wheel balancing in Atlanta

I've been trying to locate a dealer or service center that has the proper Haweka adapter to balance Sprinter wheels. I purchased 6 Alcoa Durabright wheels for my Forester MBS and need to have them mounted and balanced.


The MB/Sprinter dealers either won't touch aftermarket wheels or they don't know if they have the Haweka adapter. The service centers that do RV wheel/tire work for the RV dealers don't have the adapter either but state "they never have any issues with balance".


Anyone found someone in the Atlanta metro area that has the equipment to mount and properly balance Sprinter wheels?
__________________

KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:22 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
namusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 337
Might call All Parts/Haweka at 866-442-9352 and ask if they know a tire shop in the Atlanta area that uses a Haweka adapter. I believe they are a Haweka equipment distributor. Worth a try. Good luck.
__________________

namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:06 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc View Post
Might call All Parts/Haweka at 866-442-9352 and ask if they know a tire shop in the Atlanta area that uses a Haweka adapter. I believe they are a Haweka equipment distributor. Worth a try. Good luck.

Thanks, I have done that already. Since they are the importer, they sell to distributors, who sell to dealers. They have no idea who the kits are sold to.


If I don't find someone today, I'm going to buy a kit for myself. Then I can go to any tire dealer with an appropriate balancer. Just another "benefit" of RV ownership.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
2012 Solera 24S
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NW Illinois
Posts: 112
I put tire beads in a couple of years ago and they seem to work great.

No balancing worries.
Nats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #5
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 12,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
I've been trying to locate a dealer or service center that has the proper Haweka adapter to balance Sprinter wheels. I purchased 6 Alcoa Durabright wheels for my Forester MBS and need to have them mounted and balanced.


The MB/Sprinter dealers either won't touch aftermarket wheels or they don't know if they have the Haweka adapter. The service centers that do RV wheel/tire work for the RV dealers don't have the adapter either but state "they never have any issues with balance".


Anyone found someone in the Atlanta metro area that has the equipment to mount and properly balance Sprinter wheels?
For what its worth...this was given to me by my Alcoa rep when we had them audit out local installer (Monteith Tire here in Elkhart).

I'm not sure I would call the Haweka rep as I don't know him and I think he was just passing this info on.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TMC-RP-222B.pdf (1.05 MB, 67 views)
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:57 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,772
Try Contractor Tire in Marietta on Highway 41. They are just north of Three Way Campers and do very good work. I had them mount 1 piece DuallyValves and do a balance on our MBS stock wheels.

Here is their Website.
__________________
Wayne and Christine
2020 Sunseeker MBS 2400Q Out For Full Body Paint 10/23/2019


RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:54 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 749
For the fronts , the Alcoa suggestion

"Dynamic Balancing Best Practice"

might be easy to find.

These give a really smooth ride as all the items bolted to the wheel are balanced.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:54 AM   #8
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 21,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post


If I don't find someone today, I'm going to buy a kit for myself. Then I can go to any tire dealer with an appropriate balancer. Just another "benefit" of RV ownership.
These things aren't cheap.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Words are powerful.
Choose them good.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:03 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
chroniekon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 661
I had the aluminum wheels on my Isata 3 balanced at my local tire shop. They have a separate building for the truck side of things and sent me over there. They didn't use any special adapters. Just put the wheels on their machine like any other wheel. It drives smooth as silk now. I have Hispec brand wheels not Alcoa, but not sure how that would make a difference.
__________________
2017 Isata 3 24FW
2004 Jeep Wrangler
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 620
Thanks for the replies.


I agree, the proper and repeatable way of balancing these wheels is with the Haweka adapter. Using a tapered cone will not lead to accurate balance, although you might get lucky and get it right.



The adapters are expensive, but so are the wheels.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #11
Senior
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nats View Post
I put tire beads in a couple of years ago and they seem to work great.

No balancing worries.
X2
__________________

sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wheel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.


×