Old 06-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #1

Stabilizer Jacks reset?

We went camping last night for the first time in our new Sunseeker 2400W. Everything was fine until I tried to retract the stabilizer jacks. Nothing. They don't work at all. So after manually retracting them with a pair of pliers (who carries a full tool box with a new RV) I called FR Roadsise Assistance number. They had me open the house battery compartment and locate the fusible link? Anyway on mine there is no lever on the bottom of it to reset it. So they tried to locate a FR dealer. 3-14 weeks to get an appointment. Any suggestions folks? We had planned on leaving next week on a 3 month road trip.
FR Roadside Assistance did give me a number to call to apply for repairs to be done by any other RV dealer who can get it done.

I'd rather fix it myself and be done with it. That's why I'm asking for suggestions....
Thanks in advance!

Automatic_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic_11 View Post
We went camping last night for the first time in our new Sunseeker 2400W. Everything was fine until I tried to retract the stabilizer jacks. Nothing. They don't work at all. So after manually retracting them with a pair of pliers (who carries a full tool box with a new RV) I called FR Roadsise Assistance number. They had me open the house battery compartment and locate the fusible link? Anyway on mine there is no lever on the bottom of it to reset it. So they tried to locate a FR dealer. 3-14 weeks to get an appointment. Any suggestions folks? We had planned on leaving next week on a 3 month road trip.
FR Roadside Assistance did give me a number to call to apply for repairs to be done by any other RV dealer who can get it done.

I'd rather fix it myself and be done with it. That's why I'm asking for suggestions....
Thanks in advance!
Check the connections on the house batteries and on the Jack's. I had a similar experience on a trip this spring. The problem was simply that there were loose nuts on the connections, one on a terminal in the battery box and another on a connection at the pumps. Fortunately, I found the problem in time to cancel the service call. I hope your solution is as simple. Fixing it is easy. Finding it is the challenge.

halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic_11 View Post

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry I dont have an answer for you ..

I'm just bummed out for you .. seems like you are dealing with several issues on a brand new unit, and you were so excited to get it ..

hope everything gets resolved quickly and you will put it behind you.

good luck!
slavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:57 PM   #4

This happened to me.

Please make sure you call the manufacturer, probably Bigfoot and register your warranty on the jacks. I didn't and I had to pay for the repair(s)

I called tech support, they were helpful with trouble shooting but since my failure occurred just days after the two year warranty expired, which they said hey wouldn't have honored anyway because I didn't register, I had to pay.

To retract the jacks I had to jump the retract solenoid. I then replaced the retract solenoid but this didn't help, still would extend only but not retract. I them checked everyground again still no luck. Ultimately it turned out to be a control board for the jacks which I had a dealer replace, cost me $525 after parts labor and troubleshooting

Fortunately you should be covered but it's probably the retract solenoid or the control panel.
Blue Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavka View Post
I'm sorry I dont have an answer for you ..

I'm just bummed out for you .. seems like you are dealing with several issues on a brand new unit, and you were so excited to get it ..

hope everything gets resolved quickly and you will put it behind you.

good luck!
Yes you are correct 100%. The mechanical/warranty issue was completely avoidable. Now the jacks...

We were very excited to get it, and I'm still trying to be positive about working through the problems but it sure is difficult when you have a brand new RV and they say "3 to 14 weeks for coach related repairs".

I believe at this point the mechanics are fine... so I've re-routed the end of our trip to include a stop at Forest River in Elkhart, IN... to have what ever list has accumulated during our 12K mile trip to be fixed. I have the direct number for FR's warranty manager. I'll try to call to schedule something as far in advance as possible... but if not... we'll see what happens when I get there.
Automatic_11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks