Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #1

Steel valve stems

What part # and where did you get them. For your Mbs are they brand specific?
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersb View Post
What part # and where did you get them. For your Mbs are they brand specific?
I was never able to locate them for my MBS Solera.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #3

Many of us have replaced the factory supplied stems with these:

DL1SP13FR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit W/ Front Stems

These are solid metal stems and extend into positions where it's easy to get at them. There have been a variety of discussions of the problem and the use of these stems to fix it.

Dave
Old 09-12-2016, 03:29 PM   #4

Try calling commercial truck tire centers. I had success at one locally that stocked all sizes of metal valve stems. They had no trouble finding ones to fit.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:47 PM   #5

Thanks guys for all the possibilities

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:26 PM   #6

Petersb if you take it Les Schwab. Please ask them are they so sure they know how to install them? I know not all are the same I've happened to pick the one who told me he has 16 years and never seen such a worse valve stems system. It took him 6 trials to stop the leak, until I told him the rubber seal suppose to go into the hole and not outside. Look at mounting picture that came your new stems it shows rubber seal is on the outside. The reason for that is that CAD system dismount assembly parts. Let say he didn't come to see me when pick up my motorhome on the next day because to work on those 6 tires again.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
Many of us have replaced the factory supplied stems with these:

DL1SP13FR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit W/ Front Stems

These are solid metal stems and extend into positions where it's easy to get at them. There have been a variety of discussions of the problem and the use of these stems to fix it.

Dave
This is what I used and also spoke with Bill Falkenborg on the telephone prior to ordering. If I understand correctly he was the inventor/supplier of these particular valve stems. Unfortunately it seems that about 10 days after ordering mine he passed away according to what I've seen online, including a post on the IRV2 forums. Nevertheless I've been very pleased with these valve stems. RIP Bill.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:21 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeboone View Post
This is what I used and also spoke with Bill Falkenborg on the telephone prior to ordering. If I understand correctly he was the inventor/supplier of these particular valve stems. Unfortunately it seems that about 10 days after ordering mine he passed away according to what I've seen online, including a post on the IRV2 forums. Nevertheless I've been very pleased with these valve stems. RIP Bill.
I finally got around to order these same valve stems and was planning on having them installed by Les Schwab. Since you live in Oregon, I thought you might have had yours installed by Les Schwab. If so, were there any issues or things to be aware of? I've already talked with a person at Les Schwab and they didn't think it would by any problem with the install.

Thanks, Keith
Old 12-04-2016, 06:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithe View Post
I finally got around to order these same valve stems and was planning on having them installed by Les Schwab. Since you live in Oregon, I thought you might have had yours installed by Les Schwab. If so, were there any issues or things to be aware of? I've already talked with a person at Les Schwab and they didn't think it would by any problem with the install.

Thanks, Keith
Sure thing, Les Schwab did the install. No issues. Cheers!
Old 12-05-2016, 10:08 AM   #10

Please see my post in the Solera forum.

If not properly installed and cared for they can be damaged.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ms-121552.html
Old 12-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #11

I just had these installed. $120.00 + $13.00 shipping. $20.00 per tire to get them installed, all the wheel weights removed, and 7 Oz. balancing beads installed.
Well worth it IMO.
Marvin
https://yourtireshopsupply.com
GA_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:14 PM   #12

I am sad to report that Bill Falkenborg passed a few months ago. RIP Bill. He was wise enough to properly train Kelly at his same number. She was well informed and a delight to work with. I'd have bought whatever she was selling. Fortunate for me she was only interested in fulfilling my needs, which on this day was metal valve stems. Looking forward to having these babies installed.

Solera 24R - 2014
Life is Good - All is Well
richhop25 is offline   Reply With Quote