Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2016, 06:52 AM   #21

Do you have an update on this issue? Did dealer work with you?
Semi-Retired February 3, 2014
Bob & Cindy
Lvn2tvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:22 PM   #22

They will try splitting radios. Each having there own antenna. Will have it done in a few weeks.
biteabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteabee View Post
They will try splitting radios. Each having there own antenna. Will have it done in a few weeks.
I think you've already been more than patient and I really don't think I could be this accommodating. I think the earlier response to have the dealer take it to a radio shop to get it fixed is more appropriate but with a deadline attached to it. With over 12 weeks under your belt waiting and few more weeks stated it makes me think they're just stalling.

On the flip side if you have access to the rig for weekends and are able to bring it back it's like having free storage. However I've heard of trailer damage occurring in dealer lots from sales/tech employees running into them with golf carts. Your dealers actions are really questionable IMHO.

Your other recourse is to take it yourself to someone they, may or may not, recommend and have it billed to them, not you. You should also report them to Forest River since I know they don't support this type of customer care.
Bob & Cindy
Old 06-10-2016, 10:32 AM   #24

Pictures behind microwave

Rachel's Studio | RV

Any thoughts on ground strap from antenna not being attached? Shown in picture.
biteabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:52 AM   #25

If this is an amplified antenna it may have merit grounding. However that could also cause more issues. Before grounding it if you can find the model number on the antenna module that has the wire attached you could google it to find out what should be done with it.

Ok I've been thinking and recall when I was working on boats if we needed to install a radio on a fiberglass structure we needed to put some type of that metal tape, like Home Depo sells for dryer vents, around the area the antenna is mounted to provide a reflecting plane. If you cover a 12" X 12" area and connect the wire to that it won't have negative results and may help get rid of the buzz. Before you ground the reflecting plane to chassis ground make sure you google it to make sure it won't hurt anything. I'm pretty sure it won't cause any issue but you need to make sure before connecting it to chassis ground.
Bob & Cindy

Tags
hum, noise, radio, sunseeker