Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2017, 10:27 PM   #1

Sunseeker 2400W Cable Operated Bristol Waste Valves

How to adjust / shorten?
Nonnie and Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:48 AM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnie and Papa View Post
How to adjust / shorten?
To the best of my knowledge there isn't any way to shorten the cables. I plan to replace mine with electric valves.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #3

What is the reason silicone is not used in roof areas? Anyone know?

2016 Solera 24R
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #4
Senior

I cut a little off the end where the handle is attached. I them had to drill and tap the hole for the machine screw to reattach the handle as the screws would not fully tighten.
As delivered one of the handles would force the hatch open when driving.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #5

See post #2 at this location if on a PC, Post #17 if you are on the FR app.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...les-89896.html

There is a response and video to the original question on that thread which should answer your question.
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:52 PM   #6
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfalbright View Post
See post #2 at this location if on a PC, Post #17 if you are on the FR app.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...les-89896.html

There is a response and video to the original question on that thread which should answer your question.
Those are Valterra not Bristol valves. Perhaps the Valterra cables will fit on Bristol, haven't checked on that yet.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:07 PM   #7

I replaced my one cable with a Valtera cable. The Valtera is a solid wire as opposed to a multi-strand cable. It worked fine.
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #8

A visit to any motorcycle shop will have cable lubricators that will slow the corrosion.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:25 PM   #9

Tell me more about these electric valves
Old 05-24-2017, 02:27 PM   #10

I was thinking of doing the same thing. How'd that work out for you?
Old 05-30-2017, 02:45 PM   #11

Our 2017 MBS2400WS too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailski View Post
I cut a little off the end where the handle is attached. I them had to drill and tap the hole for the machine screw to reattach the handle as the screws would not fully tighten.
As delivered one of the handles would force the hatch open when driving.
Took delivery about three weeks ago on a leftover 2017.
Happy, but... Waste handles reversed (gray plastic on blackwater and black on graywater). Glad we did not blow off the blackwater tank fittings when flushing at the dump station! Will get this fixed...
The gray water cable is too long with it popping the waste door open, too.
Going back to the RV dealer for a warranty fix, but we also have issues with inverter not working (AC outlets and fridge are fine on shore power). Inverter or transfer switching bad... not sure which.
Finally, my M-B fuel gauge reads empty with about 6 gallons of diesel in the tank... not acceptable and going to the Mercedes Benz dealer near home for a warranty fix. Anyone else have similar issues?
One more question: Does the Onan Generator fire up automatically when house batteries go down to about 25%? Or a pure manual "on/off"?
Thanks All !!!
BluStreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:21 AM   #12

"Finally, my M-B fuel gauge reads empty with about 6 gallons of diesel in the tank... not acceptable and going to the Mercedes Benz dealer near home for a warranty fix. Anyone else have similar issues?"

Yes every Sprinter was built this way by MB

.About 25% is left when it reminds you to go fill up.

This is because it is sometimes difficult to prime a diesel after an empty stop,

and you may wish to visit more than 1 fuel station to get 5% or less bio gunk in the fuel as MB suggests.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluStreek View Post
Took delivery about three weeks ago on a leftover 2017.
Happy, but... Waste handles reversed (gray plastic on blackwater and black on graywater). Glad we did not blow off the blackwater tank fittings when flushing at the dump station! Will get this fixed...
The gray water cable is too long with it popping the waste door open, too.
Going back to the RV dealer for a warranty fix, but we also have issues with inverter not working (AC outlets and fridge are fine on shore power). Inverter or transfer switching bad... not sure which.
Finally, my M-B fuel gauge reads empty with about 6 gallons of diesel in the tank... not acceptable and going to the Mercedes Benz dealer near home for a warranty fix. Anyone else have similar issues?
One more question: Does the Onan Generator fire up automatically when house batteries go down to about 25%? Or a pure manual "on/off"?
Thanks All !!!
Didn't know the Forester MBS chassis had an inverter. I know our 2015 doesn't. Also, there are plenty of posts about the fuel gauge. That's the way MB designed it unfortunately. I don't like it either, but you get used to it. Besides, 200-250 miles is about all the driving I can stand before I need a break!

Not sure about the 2017's, but we have to initiate the start on our Onan generator. It will not do so automatically.

Sorry to see the FR QC department still asleep at the wheel on a simple valve to cable connection
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:52 AM   #14

Finally, my M-B fuel gauge reads empty with about 6 gallons of diesel in the tank... not acceptable and going to the Mercedes Benz dealer near home for a warranty fix.

The 5 to 6 gallons remaining is your reserve when the gauge shows empty. Not a bad thing. This is a diesel and you don't want to run it out of fuel. When my low fuel light comes on I reset my odometer to zero, I know then that I can safely drive at least 50 miles assuming the worst conditions.

The gauge is not malfunctioning.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:50 AM   #15

That's some reserve!

Thanks for the responses. I have a M-B service advisor calling me back shortly. Let's hear his story...
But okay, I've gotten 13mpg on my last voyage that included mostly 65-ish speeds on hilly (Catskills) Route 17. So about 50 miles left in the bank... plus a reserve of 25... I could have made it home! But, funnily enough, on the NJ Turnpike service areas the diesel costs way less ($.13/gal) than the local gas stations!
So score!!! http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es/trink39.gif
Yeah, I guess running a diesel out of fuel is a no-no.
BTW, Love the torque-y little 3 liter!
FWIW, I know I have an inverter (somewhere!) and it worked before the first longish shakedown cruise. There is a breaker labelled "inverter" in the F-R panel above the fridge. Talking to the RV service guy he said they'd look at it.
As to transfer switch, dunno, but he seemed to think there was one and it may need to be set up. So ???
Again, thanks folks for a great response and your experience.... a great resource to this Newb!
Old 06-01-2017, 10:42 PM   #16

M-B confirmed 5+ gallon reserve in tank after empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluStreek View Post
Thanks for the responses. I have a M-B service advisor calling me back shortly. Let's hear his story...
But okay, I've gotten 13mpg on my last voyage that included mostly 65-ish speeds on hilly (Catskills) Route 17. So about 50 miles left in the bank... plus a reserve of 25... I could have made it home! But, funnily enough, on the NJ Turnpike service areas the diesel costs way less ($.13/gal) than the local gas stations!
So score!!! http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es/trink39.gif
Yeah, I guess running a diesel out of fuel is a no-no.
BTW, Love the torque-y little 3 liter!
FWIW, I know I have an inverter (somewhere!) and it worked before the first longish shakedown cruise. There is a breaker labelled "inverter" in the F-R panel above the fridge. Talking to the RV service guy he said they'd look at it.
As to transfer switch, dunno, but he seemed to think there was one and it may need to be set up. So ???
Again, thanks folks for a great response and your experience.... a great resource to this Newb!
M-B service rep confirmed that the tank was designed with a 5 gallon reserve as others have mentioned here, and referenced an owners manual page that calls this out. I don't like it, but there it is...

Tags
cable, sunseeker, valve