Old 09-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #1

Sunseeker Bed

My wife and I just purchased a 2016 MBS 2400W motorhome. My wife has found that making the bed is not very easy and am wondering if anyone have found a trick on the bed making.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcamping View Post
My wife and I just purchased a 2016 MBS 2400W motorhome. My wife has found that making the bed is not very easy and am wondering if anyone have found a trick on the bed making.
The mattress is a little smaller than the space between the walls. So, you need to move it away from the left wall and start the sheet at the left-rear (pillow end) corner, then pull down to the left front. Move the mattress to the left and then do the same with the right side. You need to crawl up onto and around the mattress to do it. Summary - there is no easy way.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #3

The easiest way I've found is to use a sleepingbag

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #4

The trick we found to initially making the bed is to extend the slide out and start and the top of the bed and work to the rear. The way the bottom half of the mattress is snapped to the bed base makes it a little tricky which is why you want to start at the top. If you use regular sized queen sheets they will stay on the bed fairly well even when the slide out is moved in and out. When we had our "W" we found that a 2 inch memory foam topper made out bed a lot more comfortable.

We have a similar style mattress and bed slide out on our GTS and the same tips work for it...

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:17 PM   #5

I second Peter's response about the sleeping bag. We got a queen sized bag and sheet set from RV SuperBag... They are a bit pricey, but are very comfortable and easy to "make" and fold when pulling the slide in. Here is a like to a video review of these things...

Old 09-13-2016, 10:34 AM   #6

Thanks to all. We might try the superbag. Wife likes the idea.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:26 AM   #7
River Forest Sunseeker 24

We have the 2400 wide slide and make up the bed putting everything on while it's folded and then when the slide is open, shove the the bed out to unfolded and finish the bottom third. It's amazing. I did get a 2 inch memory foam pad and I never dreamed it would fold up so perfectly.
Right now I'm using standard queen sheets and blankets from another bedroom.
The snaps aren't in use, I have to figure that out with the sheets on.
I want to sit in bed and read, I'm trying to find a headboard to avoid crushing the curtain. I'm thinking I could get a lightweight (cheap) metal double-bed sized headboard, (60 inches wide) cut off some of the legs and hook/clamp it to the wall some kinda way. You would still have easy access to raising and lowering the curtain.
Also, my husband figured out a little bedside table, he puts his glasses and watch etc on top of the valance. There's a narrow board there, it's perfect.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #8

Sunseeker Bed

You don't really have to climb onto the bed to make it. You can pull the top part of the mattress back to where you are standing and do one corner first, then the other. Then push the top part of the mattress back up where it belongs.

We use those clips with an elastic band to hold the mattress pad and bottom sheet corners in place. But that's optional. If interested, they are here:

Leyaron Adjustable Heavy Duty Bed Sheet Cover Grippers Suspenders Holder Band Straps Clips Fasteners, Set of 8, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018VLONJI..._0WU4xb7S26K2Z

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 29; RV to date: 32
Old 09-23-2016, 03:35 PM   #9

In our 2401W, we use regular queen sheets and mattress pad and make the bed from the top to the bottom. It stays made up when the slide is in and a simple shove when you slide it out again and the bed is ready to go! The mattress has a built in memory layer so no additional pad is needed.
We also have a Travasak which is the same as the RV superbag that we used in a previous motorhome that had an upholstered sofa that slid out the side. (2006 Winnebago Aspect) We did not like it as the bottom sheet is not smooth and tight as a regular mattress pad and sheet. We take it along when using the cab over bunk for guests. So far only our daughter and husband slept up there when camping at the Minnesota State Fair a couple of nights. They appreciated the cab safety net as its a smaller space for 2 adults and didn't have to worry about rolling out.
Our MH will soon be a year old and so far no problems other than the initial issue of freezing moisture in the propane tank last October.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:51 PM   #10
River Forest Sunseeker 24

I just don't know if I could be comfortable in a sleeping bag. Usually I spend the whole night too hot too cold too hot etc.. Maybe that's TMI?!?

But at any rate we don't have trouble with the bed, making it up top half first and when it's open, finish the bottom. And it stays made with perfectly even with all the sliding back and forth.

Tags
bed, sunseeker