Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2015, 07:34 AM   #1
Senior Junior Member

Question Sunseeker MBS 2400 Questions

The unit in my signature is on order. In the meantime, I have a couple questions:

The Sprinter owner's manual speaks of tire pressure display settings on the instrument panel. FR tells me the chassis they use does not have a TPMS system. Is this an option not available on this unit?

The MH obviously comes with a trailer towing package because it has a hitch. What about an electric brake controller? Is there one built-in or is there a brake feed wire provided under the dash for one to be installed?
Old 06-16-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
Site Team

Our 2400W is also on order as well so I can only answer based on the research I've done so far on those same issues.

When reading the Sprinter manual the instructions for without steering wheel controls apply to the chassis as FR orders it. Since the OEM TPMS requires those steering wheel button to function we do not get the TPMS. I'm looking at the aftermarket TPMS options now as well as steel valve stems to install the tire senders on the wheels.

There is not a built in electric brake controller. Nor is the chassis pre-wired for a brake controller from the M-B factory based on what I've found out. From everything I've read installing one can be a real bear due to the M-B Can-Bus electronics. To avoid some of the installation hassles I'm looking at the Prodigy RF shown Here. We may just skip on towing altogether as the MBS isn't that much bigger than the F250 Crew Cab pickups or Expedition I used as a daily driver and to tow our travel trailers

When is your "due date"? We are looking at mid-August early September since we ordered full body paint....
Old 06-16-2015, 09:45 AM   #3
Senior Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. It is disappointing to hear that these simple things are not included knowing how important they are for RVs. Based on what FR told me about the TPMS, I did order a system. I too will need to get metal valve stems. Other things you may want to look into is a 30A surge protector, mud dobber screens for furnace, water heater and furnace openings and a refrigerator fan. Just some of the things I ran across.

We ordered our unit around mid May and delivery was promised by the first of August (by the plant). We too ordered the full body paint which I understand takes 3 weeks to do. I do not like what it costs, but I do love the look and tired of fading fiberglass and cracking/peeling graphics.

Happy and safe travels with your MH.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
Site Team

I'm "lucky" in that we traded in a TT for the MBS so we already have most of the items we will need outside of those specific to the M-B chassis.

Before you buy those clip on bug screens you may want to look at using a wire mesh mounted on the inside of the access panels. It looks better, isn't held on with little springs, it won't vibrate and rub on that expen$ive paint job, and can be easily replaced as necessary. You can purchase bulk wire mesh at ACE Hardware or Home Despot. That will be one of my first mods.

One option you may want to consider adding to your unit, if you haven't already, is the diesel genset upgrade option. After reading, and confirming, that the stock propane genset can empty the propane tank in around twelve hours, when running the furnace, I went for the diesel upgrade. It's a lot easier to find and buy diesel, and carry a jerry can or two if necessary, than it is refill the propane tank.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
I'm "lucky" in that we traded in a TT for the MBS so we already have most of the items we will need outside of those specific to the M-B chassis.

Before you buy those clip on bug screens you may want to look at using a wire mesh mounted on the inside of the access panels. It looks better, isn't held on with little springs, it won't vibrate and rub on that expen$ive paint job, and can be easily replaced as necessary. You can purchase bulk wire mesh at ACE Hardware or Home Despot. That will be one of my first mods.

One option you may want to consider adding to your unit, if you haven't already, is the diesel genset upgrade option. After reading, and confirming, that the stock propane genset can empty the propane tank in around twelve hours, when running the furnace, I went for the diesel upgrade. It's a lot easier to find and buy diesel, and carry a jerry can or two if necessary, than it is refill the propane tank.
I agree on the generator. I got the diesel option also, and I really like not worrying about using up propane. Diesel is easy to find. Even if they have propane at a truck stop, you still need to find an attendant to fill the tank. Just not worth the time.

The wire mesh is a good tip. I never considered it but I might make that my weekend project!
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #6

anybody know if the MBS sunseeker has transmission cooler
gp2down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:11 PM   #7

what is MBS?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:15 PM   #8

Mercedes Benz Sprinter
gmclean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker