Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #1

Time to rename to "Solera and MBS"?

Given that MBS versions of the Sunseeker and Forester are the new options for owners purchasing on the Mercedes cab chassis, and that MBS owners are best served when searching and posting to this Solera forum, is it now time to rename the forum "Solera and MBS"?
'16 Forester MBS 2401R
Hellwig 7254, TireMinder A1A & Sumo Equipped
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #2

Seems like a simple solution to me and I know it's been discussed a few times.
dukeboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #3

Makes sense to have the MBS chassis coaches together but some Solera owners have disagreed in previous discussions even though the majority of MBS owners use the Solera forum. The only ones effected by the Solera name are the new members who look/post under Sunseeker and Forester and get little information and few replies.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #4
Site Team

See Here for a thread with the current status of the rename request....
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
See Here for a thread with the current status of the rename request....
Here is a thread you left out: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ame-73909.html

CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:09 AM   #6
Site Team

There are several threads requesting the update / name change...it has been a popular, or unpopular , subject for awhile it appears. The one I linked just has the latest status from a Site Team member on a possible change.

Now that the Solera name plate has ceased production maybe it will add a little motivation to update the forum.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #7

With all due respect Red, the fact that the Solerea name will no longer be produced is exactly why the forum should retain its name. How would a future owner of a new-to-them Solera have any idea where to get model specific info?

Create as many forums as necessary. It'snot to hard too subscribe to multiple forums. I personally subscribe to a few of the navion/view forums for additional MBZ info.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 02:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousin01 View Post
With all due respect Red, the fact that the Solerea name will no longer be produced is exactly why the forum should retain its name. How would a future owner of a new-to-them Solera have any idea where to get model specific info?

Create as many forums as necessary. It'snot to hard too subscribe to multiple forums. I personally subscribe to a few of the navion/view forums for additional MBZ info.

'X2"-Well said, Thank You!!!
Very Respectfully,

CaptDan
2013 Solera "S"

CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #9

I believe in its present form it is broke. Keep the Solera name but add Sunseeker/Forester MBS. Long name but if it works and keeps people happy. You can find
basic RV info on any of the sub forums but this sub forum is valuable for its Sprinter based discussions.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:22 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousin01 View Post

With all due respect I requested the Solera forum name be expanded to include all MBS models. I haven't asked for the Solera name to be dropped from this forum or any other.

You bring up a good point, dropping the Solera name would indeed make it difficult for a purchaser of a "new to them" Solera to find the info they want. That wouldn't be smart...

I also believe that by not renaming the Solera forum new MBS variant owners are being put through a similar difficulty in finding the info they are seeking. IMHO that isn't particularly smart either. In both of these cases we are likely discussing a new member who may not be particularly forum or even web savvy.

FR has dropped the Solera name and replaced it with the Sunseeker and Forester MBS name plates. And now the Dynamax Isata MBS is being created. They are still a FR Class C MBS, just with new names and trims, so why create three new forums, (Forester MBS, Sunseeker MBS, and soon Isata MBS) due to a FR marketing move? IMO creating multiple new forums to cover the 99% the same info is a waste of time, effort, and just dilutes the excellent information already contained here.

When the response to a new MBS members question in the Forester or Sunseeker forums is "check the Solera forum", or something to that effect, that shows why the name expansion is needed.

I guess the "bad" news is other MBS variant owners, like me , have already "invaded" the Solera forum. And there will be a lot more joining as more of the "SOB" versions of the original Solera hit the market place.... All I'm requesting is that we all try and make it a bit easier on the new MBS variant owners to find us and then use and contribute to the great information already contained here...
Old 10-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #11
2012 Solera

Understand Coachman Prism is also on Mercedes Sprinter.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:35 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
Understand Coachman Prism is also on Mercedes Sprinter.
You are right, I forgot to include them in my response...
Old 10-07-2015, 07:01 PM   #13
TARVIDSON

As a fairly new Prism owner, about a year and a half, I do follow the Solera posts and find many of them helpful but have been discovering that there are some major differences between the two on what look like identical floorplans. I would like it if there was more of a sprinter chassis inclusion whatever it is called.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:20 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Prism and MBS/Solera are completely different divisions of Forest River. Those should be kept separate to eliminate confusion.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:34 PM   #15
TARVIDSON

The differences indeed are confusing, I don't see much about Prism, why is that?
Old 10-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Prism would be on the coachmen forum

Old 10-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #17

I think it would be a mistake to drop the Solera name from the sub-forum, but by the same token I think it would be worthwhile to clarify that it is the best place for any conversations regarding the MBS chassis, regardless of whether the user is referencing a Solera, Sunseeker or Forester. Not sure what the best verbiage is but it could be as simple as adding some words in parentheses to further indicate which topics can be found within the sub-forum. I.E. Solera (+ MBS Sunseeker/Forester).
Old 10-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #18
Commercial Member

I would agree, I think "Solera & MBS" would be fine. In the end, not my forum so I'll take what I can get

Old 10-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #19
TARVIDSON

x2 on the Solera and MBS The forum is very educational whatever it is called. Having just looked, for a Prism owner I think there is more of interest on Solera than Coachmen.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #20
Commercial Member

As there should be

Tags
solera