Old 08-03-2016, 07:41 PM   #21
Screwed on the sensors (snug), sprayed at stem to check for leaks ... if leak, snug up a little more ... respray - check for leaks ... etc. etc. when sensor is on and not leaking then I used the the "wrench thingy" to "lock" the sensor in place. So as to not allow it to come loose and fall off ...

ja4781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #22
I just did a 5,000 mile trip on my TST 507SG and they worked great!! We picked up a screw in a trailer tire just out of ST. Louis and the alarm allowed me to slow down and get off the HWY with out any damage. I think you've been given some good advise, I recommend you give TST 507 another chance.

Las Cruces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:41 PM   #23
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
You may have tightened the sensors too tight and crushed the very small "O" rings inside. I accidently crushed one of mine this same way. I replaced the O-ring and put it back on without screwing it on so tight and it has worked fine since then.
IMHO, the TST507RV is the best unit on the market, but that is just my personal opinion.
Look down into the sensor stem and I'll bet you find either no O-ring or a crushed one. They are 4mm O-rings and can be bought at any auto parts store, or if you call them, TST will send you several FOR FREE!
2013 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison Tuned
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:06 AM   #24
Originally Posted by Santos1060 View Post
If you've installed a TPMS please let me know what model you have and if it has any pros/cons.

I bought the Truck System Technologies model #TM-507SG and its a piece of garbage. Made it about 200 miles down the road and two of the sensors started leaking air! (2psi/10miles). So four stops later I'm at the tire shop kinda hoping I picked up a nail or something, but nope, it was the stupid TPMS I paid $385 for!

Anyways, I still want the ease of mind knowing the tire pressure is safe when going 70mph, so I want to replace this one. Any suggestions?
I also have the TST 507 and I believe it to be the best one out there. I wouldn't tow without it as it has saved us several times. In the years I've had it I've not had one issue with it. As I type this we are stopped for the night in a Walmart parking lot in Perry, Florida. Our TST is mounted on the right side of the windshield as it is my wife's job to monitor the tires.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.

2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Wildwood X-Lite 241QBXL
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:42 AM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Tire traker!
Best warranty in the business!
3 years and no issues!

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "22"
TURBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:15 AM   #26
+2 Turbs

I have the TT-400 unit w/4 sensors...1 yr. warranty and $100 less than the TT-500 unit. Been perfect thus far...about 2000 miles over 9 months.
2016 Microlite 21DS
2014 Ram 1500 QC 6 cyl. 8 spd.
Blue Ox SwayPro
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:36 AM   #27
Another vote for TST. I have the older 510 system. It's always worked great. The only drawback is you have to send sensors to them for battery replacement. However, in 4 years, I've only had to send 2 of them back. I can get readings from the camper when it is on one side of the house and the truck is on the other. At least 100 feet without any booster or external antenna. So far, it has alerted me to a defective brake on my right front camper wheel and a flat on my inner left dual on my truck. The brake issue caused high temps which sounded the alarm. While speaking of rubber valve stems, would I have gotten the alarm for high temp before serious damage had occurred? Thermal dynamics, being as they are, I believe the heat will travel faster and more efficiently through a metal valve stem.
Anyway, I'm very happy with my TST system and their customer service.

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #28
Like everybody else also have the TST 507 non flow thru and haven't had any problems so far in fact it worked flawlessly on one trip when the slow leak alarm went off letting us know the tire was losing air and gave us enough time to slow down from 65mph and pull over which I believe saved us from a lot of possible damage. Changed tire which separated at seem and we were on our way. TST 507 paid for itself on that trip. Sorry for your problem.
Joe-Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:09 PM   #29
Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence on this particular model. This is going to sound ridiculous, but I seriously overpaid in order to do the dealership a favor because they fixed a huge water leak I had... in one week's time and I didn't even buy from them! So I bought the system from them (overpriced of course) and also paid to have them install it. Figured I wanted it bad enough and they were saving me a lot of money and time by taking care of my water leak instead of having to drive three hours both ways to the dealer I bought for both of us.

Anyways, so they installed it and then it failed. I stopped in at Discount Tire on my last trip and they are the ones that identified the leak was from the sensor as they did tests on the wheel and stems to eliminate that.

Either way I go (thanks to your feedback) it seems like I'll be coughing up another $100+ to get the metal stems in place of the flimsy rubber ones.

Really appreciate all your knowledge, this RV has quite the learning curve.
2016 MBS 2401w
Santos1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #30
Usually Confused Member
$100 sounds a little high. You can get a set of good quality stems for under $15. Since you probably needed balancing anyway all the tire store has to do extra is a single side bead break and set the new stems. Maybe another 10 minutes labor? There are several sizes of stems so be sure to use the correct ones (some wheels have recessed holes for the stems).

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote

pressure, tire