Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2016, 10:02 AM   #1

tireminder install

I have 2016 MBS2400WS and have just purchased the tireminder system...I can't confirm if the inside dually has a metal valve extender...it looks like bronze... anybody know what's standard? I've heard that I should replace even the rubber valve coming out of the tire with metal...opinions? any experience w/ this system appreciated. also what pressure do you all run...sticker says 61#cold...tire says 80# max...is this load related?
gp2down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp2down View Post
I have 2016 MBS2400WS and have just purchased the tireminder system...I can't confirm if the inside dually has a metal valve extender...it looks like bronze... anybody know what's standard? I've heard that I should replace even the rubber valve coming out of the tire with metal...opinions? any experience w/ this system appreciated. also what pressure do you all run...sticker says 61#cold...tire says 80# max...is this load related?
Call the company who sold you the tireminder, they are the best source for the information that you are asking about. they should have a customer service number to call with the product material.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp2down View Post
Search TPMS in this and the Solera Forum for related threads. You will find links to valve stem upgrades, as well. This is highly recommended for TPMS sensors.

Typically plastic extensions have been installed at the factory. A lot of us had issues and replaced with quality one piece stems and TPMS systems like Tire Minder, etc.

Personally, since I made the switch, no more issues with losing pressure on my inner duallies due to the less than stellar factory extensions. I have also found that 78 PSI cold seems to be my sweet spot for ride and performance. This bumps up about 10 PSI per my TPMS on really hot days like Memorial Day Weekend just provided.

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:46 PM   #4

Mine were those plastic airless extenders. The valve stems are rubber. Very hard to service. I ordered aluminum wheels and will be installing steel stems on them and the inside steel wheels. No more hassle with the crappy wheel covers for me
Old 06-03-2016, 09:04 PM   #5

Use the air pressure noted on the label inside the driver's side door. It is weight related. Never just use the tire maximum - that is a maximum limit only, not a guide.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 06-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #6

Tire pressure?

I'd like to know what pressure other members use on their MBS tires. Rather than do it here, I'll start a new post.
Aspenmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire