Old 06-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #1

TST tire sensors

Tire company said test 507 not a good item, and would not fit on our 2018 MBS 2401ws.

Any input on that?

Ronkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronkin View Post
Tire company said test 507 not a good item, and would not fit on our 2018 MBS 2401ws.

Any input on that?
TST 507 is probably one of the best-selling monitoring systems on the market, and is certainly used widely in RV applications. We've had ours for at least 5 years, up-graded the black & white monitor to color 2 years ago.

Did they give you any reason(s) for their statement, or tell you why they wouldn't fit your Sprinter chassis? Even with dual rear wheels, they should fit (a lot of class C owners use them). Or perhaps your tire dealer sells a competing brand?

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
ďIt's not how old you are, it's how you are old.ĒJules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronkin View Post

Any input on that?
You wrote "TSC" in your thread title then "test" in your post. To be clear, are you talking about "TST" as Capt. Mike has assumed?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 74; booked = 12
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:29 PM   #4

I purchased my tst507 kit at Goshen from the owner of the product. I believe he would have told me if it wouldn't work on the sprinter chasis. That being said I purchased a set of metal stems from my tire supply and I had problems with the front stems they sold me as they are too short to fit thru the simulators. We have the round holes and we need 3 inch stems and have to cut a notch in the simulator. That has nothing to do with the tst system. I know of other sprinter owners that are using them successfully. Maybe the owner of tst will chime in on this thread as he has been known to offersupport and answer questions on the forum.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:24 AM   #5

TSC Tire Sensors

Yes, thank you, I was referring to tst 507. The tire company, I donít want to mention the name, said there just wasnít enough room. I have the sensors programmed, so it is just the actual installation we are lacking. I think it just requires a little adjustment. I see so many MBS Sprinter vans on the road, I canít believe these sensors would not fit.

I will keep trying. Thank you for your response, I will let you know what the final outcome is.
Ronkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:34 AM   #6

I used a TST 507 on a 2400W. The trick is to get one piece valve stems to mount them. Plus replacing the front valve stems with 15 degree angle ones makes it a lot easier to access the fronts. I used this kit from DuallyValve... Another tip is to remove the anti theft covers on the sensors. I did and it is a lot easier to take them on and off...and none have ever gone "missing".

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #7
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
I used a TST 507 on a 2400W. The trick is to get one piece valve stems to mount them. Plus replacing the front valve stems with 15 degree angle ones makes it a lot easier to access the fronts. I used this kit from DuallyValve... Another tip is to remove the anti theft covers on the sensors. I did and it is a lot easier to take them on and off...and none have ever gone "missing".
Do you still use the locking nut on the valve stems?

Ray
Old 06-09-2019, 10:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Do you still use the locking nut on the valve stems?

Ray
Yes, I had the tire shop use the nut and the supplied Loctite. I also had the tires balanced after the valve stem swap.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:53 AM   #9

If you order a set from Dually Valves have them add in some spare rubber gaskets. The gaskets can leak, or be damaged during installation, and not all tire shops will have spares. Cheap insurance as I see it...

Old 06-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #10
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
Yes, I had the tire shop use the nut and the supplied Loctite. I also had the tires balanced after the valve stem swap.
Loctite? Supplied with the TST? I just bought one and none of the sensors had the spinning cap and no loctite. It looks like they refer to the nut as the anti-theft piece now.

Ray

Tags
tire