Old 10-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #11

HomeOnWheels , I hope I do not run into problems posting this picture but it clarifies the plumbing...the area below the shower in the W looked at from the rear.
When you remove the plastic cover underneath the fresh tank you should see 3 hoses - the fresh water drain and 2 low point drains for hot and cold water. In my case they are all white as they are in the picture, if you look closely where the blue and red hoses exit the coach to underneath the ends are clear (white) but are just extensions of the red and blue...
The 24r had the low point drains underneath next to each other right next to the steps, the low point drain in the left rear compartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01617.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	347.9 KB
ID:	122122  

Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #12

Make sure you check your roof. I have had my MBS 2401R for 6 months and the roof is separating from the overhead over the windshield. Coach is at the dealer and they said that FR probably would not warrant repair. Waiting to hear from dealer and Forest River

Old 10-04-2016, 03:09 PM   #13

Thanks Dave. Yes they are right next to the step as you said.
raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhouns View Post
Make sure you check your roof. I have had my MBS 2401R for 6 months and the roof is separating from the overhead over the windshield. Coach is at the dealer and they said that FR probably would not warrant repair. Waiting to hear from dealer and Forest River
What is the reasoning not to fix it under warranty after 6 months????? Can you supply more info and pictures? It is hard to believe for me - yes I know all about quality issues but support from FR and Representatives here on the board has been outstanding in my opinion!
Old 10-04-2016, 09:54 PM   #15
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loefflerh View Post
HomeOnWheels , I hope I do not run into problems posting this picture but it clarifies the plumbing...the area below the shower in the W looked at from the rear.
When you remove the plastic cover underneath the fresh tank you should see 3 hoses - the fresh water drain and 2 low point drains for hot and cold water. In my case they are all white as they are in the picture, if you look closely where the blue and red hoses exit the coach to underneath the ends are clear (white) but are just extensions of the red and blue...
The 24r had the low point drains underneath next to each other right next to the steps, the low point drain in the left rear compartment.
That helps. I find the low point drains impossible to access without removing the bottom cover. Also, to my surprise, there is no heating pad for the fresh tank (see picture). Is it not a problem in winter?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1475632414622.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	122174  
Old 10-04-2016, 11:52 PM   #16

Thanks for removing cap just to answer my question. Aren't you glad you are living in San Diego?
raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeOnWheels View Post
That helps. I find the low point drains impossible to access without removing the bottom cover. Also, to my surprise, there is no heating pad for the fresh tank (see picture). Is it not a problem in winter?
I believe thats why they switched to the clear ends - they are way more flexible than those red and blue plex hoses.
Heating pads? I never used them anyhow in 4 years....and on battery they will switch off anyhow after 5 - 10 Minutes...they have a realy high amp draw.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:33 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loefflerh View Post
Thanks...I ordered 2 of them
Old 10-07-2016, 04:55 AM   #19

Red is hot water lines and blue is cold water lines. The quality of the way they are built sometimes you may want to take that with a grain of salt.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob dirt View Post
Thanks...I ordered 2 of them
Bob I recommend - if you dont have already - 2 of those vent filler cushions. Put them on top of the ottoman gives
you the same exact height as the dinette, very comfortable for your feet.
Same for storage while driving- one I leave on the floor and one in the cabover with the 2 cushions on top: it did not move on my 5000 mile trip.
http://m.campingworld.com/shopping

Tags
forester, solera, upgrade