Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Valterra RV Stabilizer

Has anyone used the Valterra RV stabilizer on sprinter chassis? Where do you set them up?

Old 01-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #2
oreddie

Yes

I used this product on a previously owned Sprinter-based rig, a different make, and found it worked ok but not as well as stackable stabilizers. With the product you're asking about the only spot I could work with on that rig was the trailer hitch. With the stackable stabilizers I was able to position 2 rear, 2 front and get a more satisfying result.

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack...RoCddUQAvD_BwE
Old 01-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by OREddie View Post
I used this product on a previously owned Sprinter-based rig, a different make, and found it worked ok but not as well as stackable stabilizers. With the product you're asking about the only spot I could work with on that rig was the trailer hitch. With the stackable stabilizers I was able to position 2 rear, 2 front and get a more satisfying result.

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack...RoCddUQAvD_BwE
Thanks. The stackables are a better deal. But I'm worried about the weight of a set of four, and the space they take. I didn't find that information online. Can you explain?
Old 01-05-2018, 04:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeOnWheels View Post
Thanks. The stackables are a better deal. But I'm worried about the weight of a set of four, and the space they take. I didn't find that information online. Can you explain?
I used those on our Casita, worked very good, ... youtube video below at 1:30 shows how they stack, ... to make an even smaller storage package, I filed down one end of each t-handle rod, so they would slide out, ... that way you have four screws and one small rod, not four screws with t-handle attached, ... I only used one handle for all four, ... pull it out and go to the next jack, ... they are available from Amazon and Walmart for $35.82 .....

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Olympia...ds=camco+jacks

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:36 PM   #5

The aluminum jack stands do help. I cut four square pieces of plywood to put under them. On the top, I cut 3 1/2” pieces of 2x4 and drilled a recess to fit the top of the jack screw on one side and slotted them to fit the cross frame near the axles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	735F81AF-45A0-4091-B0BA-4D4F4DE01977.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	344.9 KB
ID:	159625  

2017 Rockwood 2703WS - Sold
2015 Keystone Sprinter 333FWFLS
2017 F250, 6.2 Gas, 3.73 Axle, 2902 lb Payload
If women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy!
andymil is offline   Reply With Quote