Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2015, 08:44 AM   #21
Class C Representative

Echoman, I jumped the gun. I haven't heard of a lot of Mercedes compartments leaking.

If you close the compartments and run water over it with a hose you will be able to see where the water is coming in. After that you can choose to caulk or seal differently from there.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #22

I concur with rvbill. For what I paid I got my monies worth. You don't hear that everyday. Less the issue of the black tank wash inlet location (my pet peeve) all of the mods I have done would have added manufacturing cost. Maybe us 2300 folk are just a happier group of "happy campers".
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:34 PM   #23

I am very happy with my 3170DSF. Most issues were small and easily repaired by me. Keeping an eye on couch slide corner crack. Very happy. Thanks to Josh and Brian for participating.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmosch View Post
My new MBS 2400R Has some issues

The side slide has had a roller break loose under the seat, is this common or serious?

Bernie
We had the exact same issue with the side slider roller. It was caused by a seat belt bolt hitting the roller. See the post here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-s-104857.html
Old 05-09-2016, 08:21 PM   #25

I would also say i am happy with my 2016 Solera 24WS. I have had only minor warranty issues and overall the unit performs as it should and was a much better price point that the Navion/View. I have looked at them both and the Navion materials are much the same as FR, a few things are nicer but are they $20-30k nicer?? And they have their own set of issues like anything else. Forest River is standing behind what they built for me. The only issues I have is with some of the dealers. If a dealer does not wish to perform minor warranty repairs for you just because you didn't buy it from them when they will be getting your customer pay work, they do not deserve your business. More money is to be made after the sale and these RV dealers just do not get it.
LoveLife7478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:37 AM   #26

I bought my W in January, got it out once and then had a major issue (water intrusion) that has severely damaged part of the overhead cab. My opinion is this situation is very unusual and I'm not faulting the manufacturer, just chalking it up to bad luck and trying to stay positive. This damage was discovered four days ago and I have to say that Brian Meeks at Forest River and Josh Best + Chris at Goshen RV have been SUPER helpful getting my coach in for service immediately. Between the dealer and FR, they are working hard together to get me back out there in time for a family reunion trip around Lake Michigan in the middle of June. I know it's early in my repair process, and I probably should be more conservative, but the way they are all working together right now makes me feel so optimistic that this can be repaired in time. I wanted to write a post that helps people considering buying this unit to know that some issues are going to happen, but it's how FR and the dealer work to fix it that really matters. Many of you likely think you'd get perfection for $80k, but that's not realistic...this is a house on wheels going 70mph down the interstate.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos1060 View Post
I bought my W in January, got it out once and then had a major issue (water intrusion) that has severely damaged part of the overhead cab. My opinion is this situation is very unusual and I'm not faulting the manufacturer, just chalking it up to bad luck and trying to stay positive. This damage was discovered four days ago and I have to say that Brian Meeks at Forest River and Josh Best + Chris at Goshen RV have been SUPER helpful getting my coach in for service immediately. Between the dealer and FR, they are working hard together to get me back out there in time for a family reunion trip around Lake Michigan in the middle of June. I know it's early in my repair process, and I probably should be more conservative, but the way they are all working together right now makes me feel so optimistic that this can be repaired in time. I wanted to write a post that helps people considering buying this unit to know that some issues are going to happen, but it's how FR and the dealer work to fix it that really matters. Many of you likely think you'd get perfection for $80k, but that's not realistic...this is a house on wheels going 70mph down the interstate.

Good positive attitude! Also good to hear of the helpful service experience.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R

Tags
warranty