Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2015, 12:00 PM   #1

Warranty Work MBS2400 R

My new MBS 2400R Has some issues

The storage bins leak when it is raining and the roads are wet, is this normal?

The side slide has had a roller break loose under the seat, is this common or serious?

I can not find a local dealer to do warranty work, Forest River has directed me to Campers world but they refused my request.
I now have to drive 14 hrs to where i purchased it for work to be done.
These units are in demand and hard to find, hence I went that far to purchase one.

Any ideas?
Thank you
Bernie
bjmosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
Class C Representative

Where are you from?
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:21 PM   #3

Typical problems when you have something slapped togather by workers who don't care about workmenship, and then checked out by quality control personnel who don't know what there doing.
Its then left up to you to try and get a warrenty repair done by dealerships who won't take your unit in because of the trouible they have working with FR.
Just learn to live with it, all part of the "rv experience".
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:43 PM   #4
Class C Representative

Grumpy,

If you have had a poor experience, I apologize, but for you to say we have "workers that don't care about workmanship and then checked out by quality control personnel who don't know what they're are doing" is far from the truth. I will agree and say we do have issues sometimes but you can guarantee every time we see something on here or hear about it in the field we work hard to make sure it is amended and doesn't happen again. We build a high quality motorhome from scratch and we always stand behind our product.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:56 PM   #5

Sorry, won't wash. Follow the posts on your own forum. New posts daily about problems with new rigs, new owners not being able to get proper repair work done., shoddy workmenship, cheap materials, dealers not wanting to do warrenty work on your products.
If the lemon law applied to rv's, you'd be out of business.
Not just FR, but a lot of other manufacturers... Seems that your more interested in turning out quantity than quality.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Sorry, won't wash. Follow the posts on your own forum. New posts daily about problems with new rigs, new owners not being able to get proper repair work done., shoddy workmenship, cheap materials, dealers not wanting to do warrenty work on your products.
If the lemon law applied to rv's, you'd be out of business.
Not just FR, but a lot of other manufacturers... Seems that your more interested in turning out quantity than quality.
Grumpy
I agree there are some things that make you question the quality. That being said, I would guess the overwhelming majority of people come here when they have issues or questions. So it's going to seem like every camper is crap or has issues. I'm sure if you read a message board for general stick house issues you'd think every builder in the country is junk.
knockando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #7
Class C Representative

• I've taken many forums members through a plant tour and would be more than happy to take you through a thorough plant tour sop you can see how things work around here. If you'd like to take a plant tour feel free to PM me and I'll give you my number to set up a date.
  • We use materials from several different top suppliers around the county.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmosch View Post
My new MBS 2400R Has some issues

The storage bins leak when it is raining and the roads are wet, is this normal?

The side slide has had a roller break loose under the seat, is this common or serious?

I can not find a local dealer to do warranty work, Forest River has directed me to Campers world but they refused my request.
I now have to drive 14 hrs to where i purchased it for work to be done.
These units are in demand and hard to find, hence I went that far to purchase one.

Any ideas?
Thank you
Bernie
Try to get authorization to use an independent RV service tech.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #9
Class C Representative

If the storage bins are pushed in as you turn the latches to shut then the rubber gaskets won't seal correctly.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 09-21-2015, 09:51 PM   #10

I'm in Vancouver, BC.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:53 PM   #11

Hmm, I will try that, some doors are loose and some are tight.
Is there any way the water can come in from underneath?

PS thanks for the response
Old 09-21-2015, 09:58 PM   #12

Prior to this Motorhome we owned a new Surveyor Sport 29 with the outdoor kitchen,
We got great value from that purchase, and were excited to se the 2400r mbs with the rear slide, a great way for us to stay small and live large.

We purchased this unit on line, as they are hard to find up in Canada.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:13 PM   #13

What about around Seattle? There are a FR dealers in the area, still a few hour drive but better than 14.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:24 AM   #14

Everyone says take it to the dealer we bought it from.

I wonder if the dealers do not get paid by FR for warrenty work
Old 09-22-2015, 05:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Grumpy,

If you have had a poor experience, I apologize, but for you to say we have "workers that don't care about workmanship and then checked out by quality control personnel who don't know what they're are doing" is far from the truth. I will agree and say we do have issues sometimes but you can guarantee every time we see something on here or hear about it in the field we work hard to make sure it is amended and doesn't happen again. We build a high quality motorhome from scratch and we always stand behind our product.
If this were true than the Ridgeview or the aviator should never have happened. The ridgeview had more problems built into it than you could fix at the factory and the aviator was a $90,000 warranty problem just waiting to happen. As a matter of fact my last Cedar Creek 38 CKTS was used once and taken to the dealer for repairs for over 6 months and traded before I ever used it again. I have had 4 FR products in the past 6 years , 36RE, 36 CKTS, Ridgeview, Aviator all slapped together warranty claim producers so either I was the unluckiest FR purchaser or you put out junk and let the dealers fix them.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob34787 View Post
If this were true than the Ridgeview or the aviator should never have happened. The ridgeview had more problems built into it than you could fix at the factory and the aviator was a $90,000 warranty problem just waiting to happen. As a matter of fact my last Cedar Creek 38 CKTS was used once and taken to the dealer for repairs for over 6 months and traded before I ever used it again. I have had 4 FR products in the past 6 years , 36RE, 36 CKTS, Ridgeview, Aviator all slapped together warranty claim producers so either I was the unluckiest FR purchaser or you put out junk and let the dealers fix them.
Sounds like you are a gluten for punishment.
You bought 4 Forest River products - all crap by your account.
Maybe you should have stopped at 1..or even 2.
What is the definition of madness?

My third RV only- just purchased a Forester 2251.
This is my first FR product (Lance-8 yrs and R Vision-14 yrs prior)
I paid a whopping 50k for my unit that I can live in. Same price as some new 1/2 ton pickups.
I don't expect Newell quality because I did not pay for it.
Is it perfect? No. is it good- yes for the price.
So far- met or exceeded my expectations.

Maybe you (and Grumpy) should have saved a few more pennies so you can buy aircraft like quality in an RV...Oh yeah...Boeings fail too.

Rant over.
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #17
2015 Solera 2400R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
If the storage bins are pushed in as you turn the latches to shut then the rubber gaskets won't seal correctly.
Josh, I don't understand what you mean by pushed in? The latches on these units don't turn. They push in and click to latch. I have three different compartments that are leaking in just about any type of rain. I have changed the seals on them, but they are still leaking.

Do you have any suggestion where I should caulk? My unit is a 2015 MBS 2400R.
Echoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:42 PM   #18

If you are here complaining about something other than a Sunseeker (or its sisters Forester and MBS) you are on the wrong subforum.

Many of us are very satisfied with the quality of our MH. A large part of the overall quality experience also has to do with how well a dealer preps the unit. So many of the complaints I read about here could have been dealt with by a dealer's pre-delivery prep and a complete PDI with the customer. That's not Forest River's fault.

I had excellent PDI from RvDirect. The problems I have had since are few and minor. And I have received excellent help from FR to resolve the problems. I believe FR builds a good quality unit at an excellent price point. You don't see many of the satisfied owners because we don't often post about positive experiences. Consider this one.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 09-22-2015, 10:08 PM   #19

I hope you are right, we love this unit, we picked it up and went on an 11,000km journey to Alaska. This is our 2nd FR product and the value is terriffic.
I am surprised that such a big company would not have service centers that would do warranty work. My dealer is 14 hrs away.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:54 PM   #20
TARVIDSON

I have 16,600 miles on my Prism LE2150 and am pretty satisfied, no big problems, local dealer took care of them or I just fixed them. The workmanship certainly is not up to Mercedes but these are almost handmade products compared to autos. Much more similar to houses which are custom made and do require a punch list and sometimes more to make them right. I had one compartment leak which was caused because it did not fit tightly up against the body. A little silicone fixed that but not before the tools I had in there got rusty. Another compartment had loose latches which had to be adjusted. The stairs started going in and out on their own in Seattle traffic due to a wire not being grommeted where it passed through metal.(I got a lot of honks and lights over that one) An actual manual that covered the camper part of things that included schematics etc. would be wonderful. However, this forum and you tube may be more helpful. It certainly pays to be a bit of a handyman.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty