Old 03-27-2016, 10:20 PM   #1

Water pump help

Suddenly I have very little water pressure. Was fine this morning, stopped for lunch and now very low pressure. I thought maybe the new filter I just installed could be the problem, but it wasn't. I have water to tank. Ideas?

Old 03-27-2016, 10:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacamastraveler View Post
Suddenly I have very little water pressure. Was fine this morning, stopped for lunch and now very low pressure. I thought maybe the new filter I just installed could be the problem, but it wasn't. I have water to tank. Ideas?
Is the pressure the same at all faucets AND toilet? How about the outside shower? You may just have trash in the faucets or a crimped water line. I've had both when new.

Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:44 PM   #3

My first thought is that the air vent, which allows air to enter or exit the fresh water tank is blocked. My vent is located right beside the fill cap. Some tanks are self-venting. If it gets blocked, it would result in low pressure. I have heard stories of fresh water tanks actually collapsing if the vents are blocked. This is just my first thought after reading your post.

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:53 PM   #4

Yes, all faucets. Dark now, I will check in morning. Fortunately at site tonight with water so I can flush the toilet! Love this site, two replies with minutes. Now, can anyone help me with my basketball brackets next year?
Old 03-27-2016, 11:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary G. View Post
My first thought is that the air vent, which allows air to enter or exit the fresh water tank is blocked. My vent is located right beside the fill cap. Some tanks are self-venting. If it gets blocked, it would result in low pressure. I have heard stories of fresh water tanks actually collapsing if the vents are blocked. This is just my first thought after reading your post.
Most vent lines have a screen at the entrance of the hose. If not, you may want to wad up a small piece of nylon screen wire and stick it just inside the hose. This will allow air to pass but keep the critters out. You may have an airlock in your vent line from a low point, but that will still allow air to be forced or sucked through.
Blow through the vent line to see if it gurgles or is totally blocked. I don't think this is your problem but won't hurt to try.
My unit's faucets all stopped up from tiny styrofoam bits that were left over when the tank was installed and didn't get into the lines until I ran the FW tank dry for winterizing. Toilet even went down to a trickle. Styrofoam everywhere. What a pain that was.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:45 PM   #6

It might be much simpler. Same thing happened to us on our 3rd trip. Turns out the screen to the pump was clogged with plastic bits from the tank installation process. City water connection was fine but water from the tank had zero pressure.

2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R + Diesel Gen
2014 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Flat Tow Equipment
SMI Stay-In-Play Brake Controller
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #7

Ericlakin - how did you fix? I'm thinking that isn't my problem cause I've had Solera for 18 months and we do A LOT of dry camping. But I really appreciate all input. We are headed to Oregon from Arizona so using rv parks with city water hookup.

Any ideas I can give tech in Bend will be appreciated.

Someone else mentioned Styrofoam in tank. At end of one year warranty I had it documented that my AC tubing was full of Styrofoam. I hope I've finally got it all out.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:00 PM   #8

Have you pulled your faucet aerators yet to make sure they are not cloged?
Old 03-28-2016, 10:31 PM   #9

It's all faucets and toilet. Not water filter either.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacamastraveler View Post
Ericlakin - how did you fix? I'm thinking that isn't my problem cause I've had Solera for 18 months and we do A LOT of dry camping. But I really appreciate all input. We are headed to Oregon from Arizona so using rv parks with city water hookup.

Any ideas I can give tech in Bend will be appreciated.

Someone else mentioned Styrofoam in tank. At end of one year warranty I had it documented that my AC tubing was full of Styrofoam. I hope I've finally got it all out.

Actually the dealer fixed it, but they removed all the connections to the pump and there was a screen that was clogged. But after 18 months you'd probably already have seen it this problem.

2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R + Diesel Gen
2014 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Flat Tow Equipment
SMI Stay-In-Play Brake Controller
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump