Old 09-12-2018, 07:43 PM   #1

Water pump issue

Currently in Colorado with about 10 days left on this trip and we are experiencing an issue with the house water pump. Sometimes, after having park water connected, and then disconnected, the water pump will run but no water from the faucets. I have had this occur, and after some toad time, the water comes out if the facet. Do I just need to crack open the output side live of the pump to bleed it is there something else going on? I have had this in flouring wRrNt but got the “could not duplicate” answer for a fix. Also, sometimes theFW tank fills when connected to park water - anouther @could not duplicate” issue.
Thx

High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:58 AM   #2

It sounds to me like you are experiencing a stuck check valve in the water pump.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:38 AM   #3

It could be the check valve in the pump but it could also bethe strainer in front of the pump being clogged, another possibility is a loose fitting in the water distribution center, if you have that.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:43 AM   #4

Check valve malfunction. I've had this happen. Let it run for a while and it might possibly pressurize. Could take several minutes. Always turn the pump "OFF" when connected to city water. Also be sure to use a pressure regulator on your city water hose.
Good luck!
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:02 AM   #5

"Also be sure to use a pressure regulator on your city water hose."

If you purchase one be sure to get the type that can be taken apart and cleaned.

Hard water can make the units inop.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:13 PM   #6

Thanks for the help. I suspect it is the check valve too. If I can’t get the system to pressurize, then I will just bleed the output side of the pump and that should allow check valve to work correctly. I can see a long argument with the dealer to get this fixed as warranty is over but could not fix when under warranty. Fun times!
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
Old 09-18-2018, 07:43 AM   #7

The real fun begins just accessing the FW pump.

The cover under the shower looks EZ , just 3 screws , but the cover is held in place by the shower plastic lip , and does not slide out from behind a box behind the toilet.

For complete removal it will be necessary to cut the cover next to the box that is holding it.

I am still searching for a water leak that comes out from under the shower .

With the pump off all night and no pressure , there is no leak.

I am surprised at the FR installation as a FW pump has a limited life and should be east to access .

Cutting apart covering panels should never be required!
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
The real fun begins just accessing the FW pump.

The cover under the shower looks EZ , just 3 screws , but the cover is held in place by the shower plastic lip , and does not slide out from behind a box behind the toilet.

For complete removal it will be necessary to cut the cover next to the box that is holding it.

I am still searching for a water leak that comes out from under the shower .

With the pump off all night and no pressure , there is no leak.

I am surprised at the FR installation as a FW pump has a limited life and should be east to access .

Cutting apart covering panels should never be required!
Actually, I have the Forest River Sunseeker 2400R and am fortunate in that I have an access panel, from the outside that gives me total reach to the water pump. I have read horror stories others have gone through in trying to find the pump, then tearing everything out to get to it. Easy in my case.
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
Old 09-18-2018, 07:09 PM   #9
D W

Try relieving any residual pressure in the CW connection by removing the screen and pressing the check valve button. Make sure you're off to side because if there is any pressure you will get a bath. Sometimes an air lock will occur from CW pressure and the pump can't overcome that pressure and go into bypass mode, i.e. pump hums but will not pump. It has happen to me on two occasions. Worth a try.

"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:48 PM   #10

On the 2400W, replaced pump due to check valve staying open; 1 1/2 years into ownership. Pump accessibility was poor as had to remove the winterizer valve and shower pan access cover to get to pump. It was really buried and removal took some time. Pump also was directly connected with hard pipe. Relocated new pump with check valve assembly facing out at the access panel location. Installed additional floor insulation and flexible hoses to reduce noise; which it did. Now can get to pump easily and replace, or do maintenance.

fishheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump