Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2017, 04:52 PM   #1

Weird Problems for Warranty Repair on 2400R

Had two other issues come up on our last trip that needed to be fixed under warranty once back home (also see Generator Trips GFI thread). First problem that was odd was regarding emergency flashers. If you did not have lights turned on, only one or two legs would light up with flasher on. Turn lights on a flashers worked as they should. Problem found, as follows: (don't know where thee wires are located) Tech found that white wire wold pull out with pin attached. Red wire, if you moved it lost all power. Move the brown wire and you lose all running lights. Installed a new relay and converter and new plug on wires. Tested OK.
2nd problem was fresh water tank filled up connected to city water. They could not duplicate problem but suspect either a bad check valve (in pump) or bad pump. Will have to occur again and are back or end p making a lot of noise to replace it. Twice, before and during trip, I had to take the pressure see water line off the pump and bleed it to get water from tank to faucets in MH. To me, this all points to a bad pump.
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
Carknocker Family

I would think check valve with trash in it, first symptom, filling tank while on city water. Second not wanting to prime. Pulling air from city side of water system. My opinion
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Desert View Post
2nd problem was fresh water tank filled up connected to city water. They could not duplicate problem but suspect either a bad check valve (in pump) or bad pump. Will have to occur again and are back or end p making a lot of noise to replace it. Twice, before and during trip, I had to take the pressure see water line off the pump and bleed it to get water from tank to faucets in MH. To me, this all points to a bad pump.
I noticed on my unit that the fresh tank will fill if the water pump is left ON when connected to city water. It will not fill if pump is switched OFF. Not sure if it was designed to work that way, but it does make it easy to onboard water.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
Site Team

It is best to leave the water pump off when connected to city water. Leaving it on can cause the check valve to seat improperly thus allowing city water to enter the FW tank and fill it. If the city water pressure is too low for your liking, fill the FW tank and sue the pump with the city water disconnected.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbnb View Post
I noticed on my unit that the fresh tank will fill if the water pump is left ON when connected to city water. It will not fill if pump is switched OFF. Not sure if it was designed to work that way, but it does make it easy to onboard water.
That's an interesting observation barnbnb. As I recall, we were overnighting at a park, with city water attached, using pressure regulator. I do not recall the water pump being turned on, although that could d have happened middle of the night, nature call, and not thinking about city water connection. Since we have no big trips planned in the near future, I may just have to pull the MH out of the shop and hoop up city water and play around to see if I can get the FW tank to fill. I will try the WP switch on to see if that fills the FW tank. Thanks for the idea.
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Desert View Post
That's an interesting observation barnbnb. As I recall, we were overnighting at a park, with city water attached, using pressure regulator. I do not recall the water pump being turned on, although that could d have happened middle of the night, nature call, and not thinking about city water connection. Since we have no big trips planned in the near future, I may just have to pull the MH out of the shop and hoop up city water and play around to see if I can get the FW tank to fill. I will try the WP switch on to see if that fills the FW tank. Thanks for the idea.
Like I said, not sure if it's designed for that or not. A previous comment suggested it could mess up the pumps' check valve.
I found the fresh tank accidentally filled and overflowed (via the outside fill point weep) because I left the pump on. I also noticed that the pump ran 3 or 4 times longer than normal to build pressure the first time or two we used it after being off city water. Operates normally now.
That being the case, I have not attempted to fill the FW tank that way since I was uncertain how it might affect (yes, "affect", not "impact") my pump.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello Barnbob,

The check valve on you pump is bad. You can leave your pump turned on as well. I would replace the pump or add a external check valve to prevent the tank from filling via city water connection.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, warranty