Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2016, 10:19 AM   #1

Western National Parks...God bless America

Just returned from a 41 day, 6200 mile National Park tour from Atlanta to Black hills to Glacier to Yellowstone to Tetons/Jackson Hole to Zion to Bryce Canyon to Capitol Reef (A day on Utah Hwy 12 is a must!). Had a ball! Our National Parks are operated so well (like I wish the rest of the govt. was run). Rangers so helpful. Glacier our favorite. Drove 70-80MPH much of the time and the MBS was up to the task...even in the mountains. Did not tow, averaged 12.3 MPG for the trip, although mostly into the wind...and often winds 30mph and above. when I behaved a little...ie 60-65 mph, got 15-16 mpg. We were very pleased w/our 2016 2401 MBS Sunseeker performance...handled well, everything worked, exception being the "fancy" radio/GPS on which we seldom could get good AM or FM reception... even in the large cities. Great luck in RV park selection...happy to share specifics if any one interested.
gp2down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp2down View Post
Just returned from a 41 day, 6200 mile National Park tour from Atlanta to Black hills to Glacier to Yellowstone to Tetons/Jackson Hole to Zion to Bryce Canyon to Capitol Reef (A day on Utah Hwy 12 is a must!). Had a ball! Our National Parks are operated so well (like I wish the rest of the govt. was run). Rangers so helpful. Glacier our favorite. Drove 70-80MPH much of the time and the MBS was up to the task...even in the mountains. Did not tow, averaged 12.3 MPG for the trip, although mostly into the wind...and often winds 30mph and above. when I behaved a little...ie 60-65 mph, got 15-16 mpg. We were very pleased w/our 2016 2401 MBS Sunseeker performance...handled well, everything worked, exception being the "fancy" radio/GPS on which we seldom could get good AM or FM reception... even in the large cities. Great luck in RV park selection...happy to share specifics if any one interested.
Sounds great! We are on a somewhat similar trip. Florida, NC, upstate NY, Wisconsin. We leave here in about a week to Glacier, Banff, Jasper, Yellowstone, then Southern Utah and home to Florida.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. It bodes well for us😀
Philrisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:26 PM   #3

We had a very similar trip last Sept. Wonderful time, great parks and terrific memories. I liked Bryce canyon the best. Camping in federal parks and BLM spots is terrific in the West. Loved that many of the rest stops also had dump stations. That made life even easier. Having solar helps too.
backdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote