Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #21
Newly Retired

Would this type spring add on help me? With cargo in my toy hauler, I am bottoming out. 30 foot TT.
Steveboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveboe View Post
Would this type spring add on help me? With cargo in my toy hauler, I am bottoming out. 30 foot TT.
Sumo only produces their product for actual vehicles. Since our motor homes are on a MBS Sprinter chassis, they have a product for us on this MBS sub forum.

There may be other solutions for your TT issues, but not in a Sumo product.

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:47 AM   #23

I would call the people at etrailer.com If something is possible, they can help you with it. If not, they usually suggest who can.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #24

Dealer won't install Sumos

I bought a set from eTrailer and tried to get the local dealer to install them. They said they would not fit. So I took the Prism to the next town over and ask the dealer there to install them and they said they would not fit. I verified with eTrailer and Sumo that I had the correct one for my rig.
If you don't buy the parts from the dealer so they can get their 20% markup they come up with some reason to not work on your rig.
hstroupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstroupe View Post
I bought a set from eTrailer and tried to get the local dealer to install them. They said they would not fit. So I took the Prism to the next town over and ask the dealer there to install them and they said they would not fit. I verified with eTrailer and Sumo that I had the correct one for my rig.
If you don't buy the parts from the dealer so they can get their 20% markup they come up with some reason to not work on your rig.
YouTube has a few videos on how to do it, if you lived in the Boise just west of me I would help.

Simple just slide them in and tie them down.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:09 AM   #26

I have a 2 month old 2401w. Will installing the sumos effect the MB warranty ?

2016 Forester 2401W newbie
Beachsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachsailor View Post
I have a 2 month old 2401w. Will installing the sumos effect the MB warranty ?

NO, all you are doing is replacing the existing JOUNCE bumpers with an after market one that fills the entire gap between the frame and axle/lower control arm instead of leaving a gap.
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:07 PM   #28

Added the sumos. Definitely helps the problem with pulling out of driveways and gas stations where an slow speed bump or turn would generate a back and forth roll that would try to throw every item off the shelves. The one thing I wanted to correct. But I have noticed that it now seems a little more sensitive to cross wind. And one else experiencing this?

Beachsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:23 PM   #29

I put sumos all the way around and bilstein heavy duty on rear and makes an enormous difference in cross winds . Much more in control. Ride is a little rougher but handling, especially on mt roads much better. Came home today during a Santa Ana wind storm and no problem
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #30

Sumospring Installation

I just installed front and rear Sumosprings on my 2017 MBS 2400R. I highly recommend them. I bought them at SDTrucksprings.com for $355 total. The ride and handling is much better, and I still have the oem shocks.

The install took a total of 2 hours, mostly due to my learning curve. The first one of each was a pain until I learned the procedure, and the second was a piece of cake, and I am 65 and not a mechanic. For those who might be hesitant to attack the job, here is how I did it.

On the front, I just jacked up one side at a time high enough to open the space where the bump stops are, and turned the wheel to the outside to make room. I removed the old stops with a 13mm socket. Getting the new ones in was a little tight but they went in. Threading the washer and nut onto the new one was a challenge because the bolt was down in a hole and I knew I would drop the nut in it. I used some tacky glue to hold the washer and nut in the socket and it worked like a charm. You will need a deep well 13mm socket to tighten it.

On the rear, I used the stabilizers to raise the frame enough to open the space above the axle. The old ones just pull off with a little twist. Following the instructions to install the new ones, tuck the larger tab into the front of the bracket. I then tried to bend, twist and pry the rear tab in to no avail. I then just pushed straight up and the rear tab popped in. It was almost too easy.

Retract the stabilizers, put away the tools and go for a ride. You won’t be disappointed. I hope that this helps someone save the cost of installation. If I can do it, you can too.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:52 PM   #31

Just remember if you spray silicone on the old rear ones they come out super easy..

2016 Solera 24R
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #32

Are the sumos for the 2016 mbs like a solid block of.black rubber??
ACMN is offline   Reply With Quote