Old 07-17-2016, 10:46 PM   #11

Those Alcoa Dura Brite's are sweet. If anyone has these on their rig I would love to see how they look on an FR. MBS

Old 07-18-2016, 11:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLife7478 View Post
Those Alcoa Dura Brite's are sweet. If anyone has these on their rig I would love to see how they look on an FR. MBS
Although they are heavier, I am quite happy with my steel wheels and chrome wheel covers that came with the 2017 MBS Sunseeker since they look just fine and in my opinion chrome is a whole lot easier to keep looking good than Aluminum. Some talk of going going to aluminum rims to save weight. I will stick with the steel rims and save $3600.

You could be the guinea pig, pay the $3600 to put them on your rig, and then give the rest of us a review with pictures so we could decide whether we wanted them,

BTW this tip is for anyone who has Aluminum rims and is looking for probably the "best" cleaner available.

Lane's Professional Car Product (Car Care Products | Auto Care | Lane's Car Products) - New Aluminum - stock number E-610

Old 07-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
Although they are heavier, I am quite happy with my steel wheels and chrome wheel coverst. I will stick with the steel rims and save $3600.
I'm with you. That is a boatload of $.

Now that I know so much more about the Sprinter and FR chassis, last year I saw an absolutely beautiful 2013 Winniebago View in Black custom paint with a Diesel Gen and aluminum wheels for about $72k. Now I know the Gen and wheels alone were over $8,000. (I should have bought it !)
Old 07-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #14

To each his own

Quote:
Although they are heavier, I am quite happy with my steel wheels and chrome wheel covers that came with the 2017 MBS Sunseeker since they look just fine and chrome is a whole lot easier to keep looking good than Aluminum. Some talk of going goint to aluminum rims to save weight. I will stick with the steel rims and save $3600.

You could be the guinea pig, pay the $3600 to put them on your rig, and then give the rest of us a revies with pictures so we could decide whether we wanted them,

BTW this tip is for anyone who has Aluminum rims and is looking for probably the "best" cleaner available.

Lane's Professional Car Product (Car Care Products | Auto Care | Lane's Car Products) - New Aluminum - stock number E-610
We come to this forum to share ideas, get help when needed and offer opinions and advice.

Too often, however, if someone is unhappy with FR, they get told off. Someone disappointed with their dealer, they get told "that's the way it is, fix it yourself". Others have no interest in getting together at Goshen for a beer and love-fest. They get asked "why even own an RV"?

Frankly, if I want to spend $3600 on aluminum wheels because I like the way they look, they way they perform, their weight vs. steel - I don't need to be ridiculed. If you bought full body paint for your RV, you probably did so for appearance and maybe for resale. It won't perform any better, but you might want it anyway. A diesel generator is expensive, has less capacity than the standard LP generator, weighs more, but some of us bought it anyway - for other reasons maybe not apparent to all.

I'm glad you are happy with your steel wheels and hubcaps. I'm not unhappy with mine, but I like the Alcoa wheels better. I'm certainly not going to fault you for your choice, please be a little more considerate of others choices.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:07 PM   #15

I ordered aluminum wheels in May. They are still not here. I think Discount Tires is just waiting for the other hardware to arrive. I paid way less than $3600. I only bought 4.
I don't like the chrome hub caps and you can't check air pressure with them on...at least I can't. Other than the wheels, I have done the rear Sumo's and wired a remote battery switch to jump the coach batteries to the chassis in case of a dead battery. I also re-installed the microwave more permanently after it wanted to fall out.

I made my own money and spend it the way I want to. I told my kids they will be just like me and won't get much money when I die

I'll probably post pictures when they get installed...
Old 07-18-2016, 10:16 PM   #16

We are probably related

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob dirt View Post
I ordered aluminum wheels in May. They are still not here. I think Discount Tires is just waiting for the other hardware to arrive. I paid way less than $3600. I only bought 4.
I don't like the chrome hub caps and you can't check air pressure with them on...at least I can't. Other than the wheels, I have done the rear Sumo's and wired a remote battery switch to jump the coach batteries to the chassis in case of a dead battery. I also re-installed the microwave more permanently after it wanted to fall out.

I made my own money and spend it the way I want to. I told my kids they will be just like me and won't get much money when I die

I'll probably post pictures when they get installed...
I would love to see the pictures when you get them installed.

I hate checking the tire pressures too. I had to cable tie the TPMS sensors and valve stem extensions to the hub caps to keep them from banging around. Planning full metal valve stems with the Alcoa wheels which should eliminate or reduce this problem.

We told our two kids we would leave them $0.25 total. They will have to figure out how to split it
Old 07-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #17

Steel wheels have other issues. Those chrome inserts tend to jump ship once in awhile and they're not cheap to replace. I know there is one sitting on Hwy 10 somewhere in Louisiana...
Old 07-19-2016, 07:05 PM   #18

MBS Sprinter Front Receiver

I just started planning a trip west for next April and am finding that only a few state parks have pull-thru's. The layout of their back in sites won't make it very easy to unload the Shadow's from their garage if I do back the Sunseeker in, nor are they laid out in a way that makes them usable when pulling in forward If we planned on doing more than just over nighting.

I got to thinking that the only other option would be if I were to drop the trailer , turn the motor home around, hook it up to the front, and back the motor home into the site.

The solution to my dilemma would require a front mounted receiver.. Another added benefit to having the front mounted hitch would be that we could install our bicycle rack if we chose to and still be able to tow the trailer.

Once I had a plan, I started searching the net for a front mounted receiver for the Sprinter, the only one I could find is this one.

Sprinter Front Receiver Hitch | Aluminess

I am not sure what it weighs so I will be contacting Aluminess.com to find out but it can't be too heavy considering the light bar that is shown installed with it only weighs 25 LB. The site has the installation instructions posted. It appears that a DIYer with a drill motor, drill bits and a few hand tools can easily install it in a few hours.

Since travel plans and site reservations have been made for the rest of this camping season, I am adding this item to my Christmas wish list,

Check it out along with their other MBS accessories while your at it.

Sherman
Old 07-26-2016, 07:25 PM   #19

Looking for "C" channel speaker wires

It's been a busy summer. so busy that I finally got around to checking out the dvd players to see that they work properly. Fortunately just a couple minor problems that I resolved myself.

What I found:
Jensen in dash system allows you to play a DVD while driving.
Furion TV/DVD remote batteries were already dead
Jensen JWM6A - Jensen 32" TV didn't work together - HDMI cable never connected to DVD player
JWM6A does not have a subwoofer capability
"C" channel is just another L/R speaker channel

"C" speaker channel has one set of wires hooked to player. they run overhead in ceiling somewhere but are not hooked up to anything.

I pulled the cabin switch panel off to see if they made it into there but didn't see them.
The wire pair for the "C' channel is a lamp cord. Green and white connected together. If you manage to find where it ends. I would appreciate knowing.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:20 PM   #20

Quote:
It's been a busy summer. so busy that I finally got around to checking out the dvd players to see that they work properly. Fortunately just a couple minor problems that I resolved myself.

What I found:
Jensen in dash system allows you to play a DVD while driving.
Furion TV/DVD remote batteries were already dead
Jensen JWM6A - Jensen 32" TV didn't work together - HDMI cable never connected to DVD player
JWM6A does not have a subwoofer capability
"C" channel is just another L/R speaker channel

"C" speaker channel has one set of wires hooked to player. they run overhead in ceiling somewhere but are not hooked up to anything.

I pulled the cabin switch panel off to see if they made it into there but didn't see them.
The wire pair for the "C' channel is a lamp cord. Green and white connected together. If you manage to find where it ends. I would appreciate knowing.
Remove the two drawers from the closet. In the rear of the opening you should find a small subwoofer with a volume control mounted on the floor. You can reach in the opening and fiddle with the controls. The system actually sounds pretty decent once you get the sub adjusted to your liking.