Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2018, 09:28 PM   #1

What's Behind the TV in My Forester MBS 2401WS?

I have the regular front cap (NOT the Trekker cap) with the option of the entertainment center above the cab instead of a bunk up there.
So, there's a 40" flat screen TV on the right side. There are storage compartments in the center and the left. The TV is on the right.
The TV seems to be solidly attached to that right third of the cap and not able to be moved. It is a Vizio that came installed from the factory.
So here are my questions:
1). I would like to run another HDMI in, but with no side ports, I can't get to the back. According to the manual, there is another port on the back. How is the TV removed to access the other HDMI port?
2). Has anyone put the TV on a "swing arm" to adjust its' position?
3). There has to be a bunch of room behind the TV for extra storage since it's occupying 1/3 of the front cap! Has anyone figured out a way to utilize the space behind the TV?
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #2
Senior

There should be a chain with a ring below the left bottom corner of the screen that you can pull down to release a catch on the mount for the TV. The mount is hinged on the right and the TV will then swing out of the way. There is a compartment for a DVD player etc. behind the TV. On mine I must lift the TV a little to fully release the latch. There is a HDMI connection and 120 V receptical in that compartment.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:48 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply!
I don't find a chain or any type or release mechanism, even after using a mirror to do a visual inspection all around the TV.
After wiggling it, it feels like it has a mount in the center where it is snugly attached. It may possibly just lift off of that center attachment point.
However, I didn't attempt to try to remove it, since I just don't know how it is designed.
My DVD player is integrated in the stereo above the house door and works fine, but I was desiring to utilize the HDMI-2 port for other purposes.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:56 PM   #4

There’s a lot of space back there. I cut out an access from the cabinet next to it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	181242
Old 07-25-2018, 05:53 PM   #5

Nice!
On my rig, there is a wall between the center compartment and the compartment behind the TV. My electrical outlet (120V with a 12V access plus the antenna booster switch plate) is located on that wall in the lower right side of the center compartment, maybe 8" in from the edge of the cabinet door and just above the "floor" of the center compartment.
It looks like you added some wiring. Good mod!
Was your cabinet configuaration like the description of mine above?
Old 07-27-2018, 12:31 AM   #6

Yes, our configuration was exactly how you described yours. I moved the 120v outlet to the outside wall and the antenna booster up higher.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #7

How did you remove the panel?
Did you cut it out?

Tags
forester