Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2016, 05:36 PM   #1

Where is fluid reservoir for Stabilizing jacks in 2401s

We had a failure of our slide and jacks the day after Thanksgiving - Slide was in but jacks were on the ground.

Found a mobile RV service to come out - unfortunately neither he nor I located the fuse that had blown so the only way he could get the jacks up was to open the top of the jack and let fluid spill out (into a bucket) as he used a pneumatic jack to get the jacks back up (long story).

Anyway, a VERY HELPFUL service woman at Camping World in Pesacola Fl (named Amy) talked me thru over the phone and helped me locate the bad fuse. Another RVer in the park had spares so we were back in business.

HOWEVER, I CAN'T FIND THE RESERVOIR FOR THE HYDAULIC FLUID SO I CAN TOP IT UP TO REPLACE WHAT WAS SPILLED.

Have scoured the FR site and also Lippert but have been unable to find.

This experience has left me wanting a shop/repair manual (if there is such a thing for this unit). Even when you are lucky enought to find professional help they don't know all the ins and outs of the thousands of different models out there. A manual would be nice.

PS I have read that the jacks should be UP and the slide IN when you top up fluid - but I don't know where to put it. There is a 'metal box' between the stabilizers that appears to have a level-view window but I can't see how to get to the top of it short of having the coach up on a lift. I hope it's easier than that.
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:38 AM   #2

My Bigfoot stabilizer feet on the 2400W are behind the rear axel with the pump and fluid reservoir in the center. We have experienced some fluid leaking, and I believe one of the hose couplings is loose. Access is pretty difficult, and it looks like dropping the spare tire will create more easy access. I am hoping to try to get under there tomorrow. I will report on what I find.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 11-28-2016, 08:35 AM   #3

Fluid Reservoir

Thanks Bob,

That's what mine looked like too. I've got the Lippert jacks but the reservoir appears to be right between the jacks and assuming the fill is at the top it would be hard to get at without being on a lift. Let me know what you find.

Rick
Old 11-30-2016, 02:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkloud9 View Post
My Bigfoot stabilizer feet on the 2400W are behind the rear axel with the pump and fluid reservoir in the center. We have experienced some fluid leaking, and I believe one of the hose couplings is loose. Access is pretty difficult, and it looks like dropping the spare tire will create more easy access. I am hoping to try to get under there tomorrow. I will report on what I find.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
I'm curious about what you find also.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:06 AM   #5

Sorry, but I was not able to get under there before we left the beast in Texas to fly North for the holidays. Won't get back there until January.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Old 11-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #6
psribbens

A little off topic, If you get a minute, perhaps you can give us a general description of where said fuse is located. Thanks
Old 12-05-2016, 09:55 PM   #7

Fuse for hydraulics

Quote:
Originally Posted by pribbens View Post
A little off topic, If you get a minute, perhaps you can give us a general description of where said fuse is located. Thanks
Not really off topic at all.

Do you have the touchscreen above the right side of the fridge to control everything?

The wooden panel above the fridge (app 10 x 16 inches) just to the left of that touch screen is held by a phillips head screw at each corner. Remove that panel and you will find a BUNCH of wiring (kind of a rats nest). There are a couple boxes mounted to the wall and one on the ceiling and a couple of loose electronic boards sitting among the wires (at least mine was). The one which controlled the hydraulics had 3 or four little square black boxes (less that an inch square) which I believe are relays. I could hear and feel on of these 'click' when I pressed the touchpad to run either the slide or the jacks. There are several fuses on that board. The green one, which is a 30 amp fuse is the one which was blown, and when I replaced it things worked fine.

Hope that helps. If I have occasion to open that panel again (I hope I don't) I'll take a picture.

Rick
Old 12-05-2016, 11:34 PM   #8
psribbens

Thank you, we own the 2401s, so it is likely different.

Tags
jacks